1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Men Are From Mars, Women From Venus

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by satchitananda, May 23, 2018.

1. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

I wake up in the morning, make as little noise as possible and slip out of the house to go to work. At night, I don't even know when the BH comes back. He tries to make as little noise as possible (he is not always successful :p), helps himself to dinner and goes to sleep whenever he feels like. We don't meet each other - sometimes for 2-3 days at a time. Our conversations on phone are about whether the Woman Friday came, what she did, whether food needs to be swiggyed because Lady Anatole is away on long leave and so on. Do I get frustrated? You bet. It leaves me wondering sometimes what kind of life I signed up for. When I am at home, I live in my splendid isolation with my laptop. Most times I am fine - except sometimes like last evening when I wanted to go out and visit friends. Whom do I visit? The first people whom I'd have dropped in on without asking and spent a couple of hours over a cuppa are already in another dimension where I can never visit them. And the tears flowed ..... something that rarely happens, no matter how much the pain ..... Tears that I think have deserted me.

It's raining outside. The Bangalore thunderstorm is at work. I have to go to class in the evening. I get a call. "What time do you have to go to work?" This is the fifth time I am answering this question since morning. Today is one of those days when I have an evening class. So got an opportunity to have this conversation 5 times since morning. "Now why does he ask me that again?" I wonder. BH is on his way to work. I don't ask him for his reason though. I just repeat my answer. Maybe I have learned to be patient!!! No, not that kind of 'patient' to the doc. The explanation comes "I am stuck in bad traffic. It is raining. How are you going to work? You might find it hard to find a cab/autorickshaw in this rain. So better ensure you leave early so you make it on time." "So sweet" I think. He still cares! I might not have thought to call back and ask if the roles were reversed. Or would I??? :thinking::thinking::thinking:

Men are from Mars and Women are from Venus. But heck, they both are human!

sindmani, SCSusila, Greenbay and 5 others like this.

2. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Even if they are from red planet and their blood is red in color, their hearts are white to care for their spouses and beat their name constantly reminding them about the better-half.

Last edited: May 23, 2018
    kaniths, ashima10 and satchitananda like this.
  3. joylokhi

joylokhi Platinum IL'ite

Dear Satchi,

Men are from Mars and women are from Venus is a taken, yet we do find it irksome to explain away all differences with that. Yes, life is not always perfect and as per our desires. Reading of your husband's true care where it matters, I do go 'Aw! so sweet". A husband who is caring enough not to disturb your sleep and worry about your going to work, what more could you ask for! Wishing you such true togetherness even if it may not be physically in person.

sindmani, Greenbay, iyerviji and 4 others like this.
  4. satchitananda

That is so comforting to know, Viswa. Often in the lack of sufficient communication, when 'real' life has a way of ensuring one does not have the time to let down one's hair, one does start doubting. At such times, a small deed like this is truly reassuring.

kaniths, ashima10 and Viswamitra like this.
  5. satchitananda

So true, Joy, I often get exasperated at this person who only views life as a big responsibility. I fought it, then I decided to get on with my daily existence, I learnt not to let it affect me. As one grows older, such little gestures certainly make a huge difference. Mars and Venus seem to merge into one planet - Earth - all inhabitants of which are the same - just human. :)

sindmani, iyerviji, kaniths and 3 others like this.
  6. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

Men are from Mars and Women are fromVenus. But heck, they both are human!

We belong to the same Solar system and when least expected or prepared, such wonderful gestures come in to tell us why the merger of Mars and Venus still matters!

As one grows older, such little gesturescertainly make a huge difference. Mars and Venus seem to merge into one planet - Earth - allinhabitants of which are the same - just human. :)

Lovely write up, Satchi. Rains do have a strange effect on our hearts making us travel to all the dimensions and also receive weak signals from the different planets!

I wish I had one more nomination left with me this month; I have already nominated four of my fellow bloggers!:(

7. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Satchi,
    Best sentence is.....we are all human.
    Do care for each other. However mechanical life may be, however drab may be the routine some little little gestures do matter and the feeling that there is always someone who has concern for us makes life worthwhile.
    Syamala

8. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

As age advances we may have to answer the same question not 5 times, more than 15 times.At 7.10 A. M. I left for vegetable shop and asked my husband to switch off the gas at 7.30.Before I reached the compound gate he got the timings confirmed.At 7.45 I returned to find the gas still on.When I asked him he told me that I had told him to switch off only at 7.50.What is the use of argument? I should have gone after switching off.He is alert in the matter of cash, cheques, accounts writing and keeping the keys in the proper place.Whenever we go out he would take the credit card, debit card, take changes in various denominations to give to autorickshaw and sundry expenses.
    He would take a thorough list of things to be bought area wise so as not to miss anything.He has earned great popularity as the'list king' whether it is for normal shopping, or grand shopping during wedding celebrations or annual death rituals or any other function.I should be happy that since those essential things are very much well taken care of,I should not mind silly simple slips.
    Jayasala 42

9. satchitananda

Thanks so much for the lovely response Geeta. I don't know if it was the rains. Well, it was not impossible with the cuckoo singing and making it the most beautiful afternoon - cool, cloudy, relaxed - that I have enjoyed in a long while. And coming as all this did after last evening's low, it was all the more surprising and mood lifting.

Your appreciation itself is like getting a prize! Thanks a lot for the kind thought. :)

sindmani likes this.
  10. satchitananda

Yes, Shyamala, talking of all being human, I don't mean it only in the sense of our foibles. Of late whenever I tried to introspect whether I feel like a 'female' or a 'male' inside my head, I can't imagine feeling anyway else, no matter what chromosomes my DNA contains. That has woken me up to the fact that gender is purely a biological construct while the mind and soul are genderless. Other than the physical differences, the 'male' or 'female' side of a person's nature are definitions imposed by human beings. Who is to say whether a certain aspect is masculine or feminine? Each of us has these in varying proportions irrespective of the physical gender. The positives and negatives of each aspect are human, not masculine or feminine. That is how far I have got with unravelling certain knotty mysteries in my brain. Have to sit back and think some more to see what my mind will come up with next!!! :confused: :p

shyamala1234 and GeetaKashyap like this.