1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Men are from Mars and women from Venus!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Cheeniya, Feb 4, 2008.

1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Eversince God created Adam and out of his rib, Eve, men and women have been fighting for supremacy. I am not going to argue the case in favour of anyone. I have always unabashedly conceded that women are far superior for various reasons. Basically, men and women are made of different dreams, different fancies and woefully there is not a single item that can fall within the range of being common to both. Look at this description of what constitute a perfect day for men and women which I read somewhere:

For HER
    <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:time Hour="8" Minute="15">08:15</st1:time> Wake up to hugs

<st1:time Hour="8" Minute="30">08:30</st1:time> Weigh in 2kg lighter than yesterday
    <st1:time Hour="8" Minute="45">08:45</st1:time> Breakfast in bed, freshly squeezed orange juice and croissants; open presents expensive jewellery chosen by thoughtful partner.
    <st1:time Hour="9" Minute="15">09:15</st1:time> Soothing hot bath with frangipani oil
    <st1:time Hour="10" Minute="0">10:00</st1:time> Light workout at club

10:30 Facial, manicure, shampoo, condition, blow dry
    12:00 Lunch with best friend at fashionable outdoor cafe
    12:45 Catch sight of husband's/boyfriend's ex and notice that she has gained 7 kg
    13:00 Shopping with friends. Unlimited credit.
    <st1:time Hour="15" Minute="0">15:00</st1:time> Nap
    <st1:time Hour="16" Minute="0">16:00</st1:time> 3 dozen red roses delivered by florist from a secret admirer
    <st1:time Hour="16" Minute="15">16:15</st1:time> Light workout at club followed by massage
    <st1:time Hour="17" Minute="30">17:30</st1:time> Choose outfit from expensive, designer wardrobe. Parade in front of full length mirror
    <st1:time Hour="19" Minute="30">19:30</st1:time> Candlelit dinner for two followed by dancing, with compliments received from other diners / dancers
    <st1:time Hour="22" Minute="0">22:00</st1:time> Hot shower (alone)
    <st1:time Hour="22" Minute="50">22:50</st1:time> Carried to bed. Freshly ironed, crisp, new white linen
    <st1:time Hour="23" Minute="0">23:00</st1:time> Pillow talk
    <st1:time Hour="23" Minute="15">23:15</st1:time> Fall into deep sleep

------------------
    For HIM
    <st1:time Hour="18" Minute="0">06:00</st1:time> Alarm
    <st1:time Hour="18" Minute="15">06:15</st1:time> Alarm again
    <st1:time Hour="18" Minute="30">06:30</st1:time> Reading the sports pages sitting on the toilet
    <st1:time Hour="19" Minute="0">07:00</st1:time> Breakfast. Rump steak and eggs, coffee and toast

<st1:time Hour="19" Minute="30">07:30</st1:time> Limo arrives
    <st1:time Hour="19" Minute="45">07:45</st1:time> Several whiskeys en-route to airport
    <st1:time Hour="9" Minute="15">09:15</st1:time> Flight in personal Lear jet
    <st1:time Hour="9" Minute="30">09:30</st1:time> Limo to St. Andrew' s golf club
    <st1:time Hour="9" Minute="45">09:45</st1:time> Play front nine (2 under)
    <st1:time Hour="11" Minute="45">11:45</st1:time> Lunch. Pie, chips and gravy, 3 lagers and a bottle of Dom Perignon
    12:30 Play back nine (4 under)
    14:15 Limo back to airport (several whiskeys)
    14:30 Fly to Monte Carlo
    15:30 Late afternoon fishing excursion with all female crew
    16:30 Land world record Marlin (1234lb) on light tackle.
    <st1:time Hour="17" Minute="0">17:00</st1:time> Fly home.
    <st1:time Hour="18" Minute="45">18:45</st1:time> Shower and shave
    <st1:time Hour="19" Minute="0">19:00</st1:time> Watch news: Michael Jackson assassinated; steep fall in price of whisky
    <st1:time Hour="19" Minute="45">19:45</st1:time> Dinner. Lobster appetisers, Dom Perignon (1953); big juicy fillet steak followed by ice cream
    21:00 Napoleon brandy and Cohiba cigar in front of wall-sized TV showing International Match of the Day. <st1:country-region><st1:place>England</st1:place></st1:country-region> 11: <st1:country-region><st1:place>Germany</st1:place></st1:country-region> 0.
    <st1:time Hour="23" Minute="30">23:30</st1:time> Massage and Jacuzzi with tasty pizza snacks and a cleansing ale
    <st1:time Hour="0" Minute="15">00:15</st1:time> Night cap
    <st1:time Hour="0" Minute="30">00:30</st1:time> In bed alone

I am not saying that this is a true mindset of all men and women but I am just pointing this out to bring out the essential difference between the ingredients of male and female yearnings. Further, the list represents essentially the western mind conditioned by TV serials like The Life Style of the Rich and Famous. The Oriental mind nourishes the same dreams but in a varying degree.

Have you noticed the similarity between the War of the sexes and the battles of yore like the Kurukshetra war? The dawn will see the commencement of intense hostilities with severed heads rolling into dust and being trampled by massive elephants and horses. At dust, a conch will be blown and hostilities will cease instantly. By the way, I am sure you would have also seen a TV ad showing two Generals of warring nations clandestinely exchanging drinks across a barbed fence at dead of night! The War of the sexes also confines itself to this time frame broadly. In fact, the truce that is reached at night would almost appear everlasting but the first rays of the morning sun return the boxing gloves to the warring parties!

I must say this about men in general. Their capacity to take a joke upon themselves is unlimited. They don’t purse their lips and complain just because the wise men who compiled the English words chose the word ‘male’ as a prefix to describe all negative things like malediction, malefactor, malefic, malevolence and what have you! Their desire for a peaceful and symbiotic coexistence is no less than that of the female of the species. PGW once dedicated a book of his to his wife saying ‘To my wife but for whom I would have finished this long back!’ And they were married for so many years! The incessant nagging at the background brought out the best in him. And there is a moral for you that one cannot do without the other, skirmishes notwithstanding!

2. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

to write the Indian version - yours is Bold & beautiful type. Mine will be Anandam or Kolangal or Anjali or Arasi.I need your nod, Sir !
    Love,
    Chithra.

3. Cheeniya

Go ahead ma'm. I am all ears!

4. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Dear Sri,

Great Article.... But some of the things I am learning for the first time in my life.... The perfect day for HIM seems to be attractive.... with so much of Whiskey / beauties....(Though I dont take alchohol....)... mmmmm... Should try it out once... I dont know whether Shan would try the SHE portion.....

Let me wait for her views.... and the Indian version from Chitvish....

Love,
    Veda

5. Chitvish

Dear Sri,
    Here goes my list: Only for the woman.
    <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    5.15 – wake up with alarm set in “vibrate mode”; lest His Highness be disturbed, too early.
    5.15-5.30 – all “morning duties” including a quick bath; why invite the weighing machine now? It will set in disillusionment
    5.30 – Collecting milk sachets – we cannot afford to be scared of going out in the dark !
    5.30 – 6 Lighting lamp, taking out vegetables from the fridge etc.
    6 – telling myself that it is first come first served, have the coffee first, mentally dedicating the same to H H – all said and done, that is a woman’s mind.
    Cut the vegetables, keep the pressure cooker – first round etc
    7 – wake up H H – after keeping the toothpaste ready, hot water for shave, towel in the bathroom, ofcourse not to forget switching on the geyser…… “patisevai” includes all these!
    7.30 – keep hot steaming coffee & Hindu ready
    8 – Serve hot idlis or dosais with His favourite chutney or sambar. Serving cereal is considered a lazy wife’s breakfast.
    Simultaneously get his lunch-box ready, with steaming hot, thin phulkas ready in the hot case with dhal, dry sabji, a salad & a small Tupperware container of curds.
    As soon as breakfast is over, offer in a tray, all his tablets for bp, sugar, cholestrol, triglycerides etc.
    Help him to search for the files, carelessly flung somewhere on the table, give him the car keys etc.
    Say a bye & just come & slump on the sofa.
    By that time maid rings the bell – rush before she does the disappearing act.
    Getting her to do all the work, after offering coffee, tiffin etc. Next to patiseva, maid seva is important.
    Have a quick look at the newspapers & rush to the supermarket, locking the house as soon as maid leaves.
    Lunch time – a hurried salad because of the ever-threatening weight problem.
    Love to have a siesta – but never find time.
    Switch on the computer, answers mails, browse through IL, a must !
    Does the grinding machine work, making important phone calls to in-laws & the like.
    The phone call comes that H H is bringing home 3,4 friends for dinner. Asked to make something fancy ! So rushes to IL again to refer to Recipe Index.
    The cooking is over, dresses up in a hurry – notices that a visit to parlour is over due!
    Where does one find time for mundane personal things?
    Evening H H arrives with the “batallion” – endless work in the kitchen till 9.
    Wait for them to leave, rush to clear up the kitchen mess & crash in bed to wake up to yet another busy day !
    Love,
    Chithra.<o:p></o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>

6. Cheeniya

Dear Veda
    Whenever there is an ad in the TV showing some daredevil acts by the characters, there will be a warning telling viewers that these acts are performed by trained artists and the viewing public should not attempt them! Hearing you say that you want to try them once, I too feel the need to put in a similar announcement!
    Sri

7. Cheeniya

Dear Chithra
    Your list of wifely chores is what everyone goes through and so can easily identify themselves with them. My question is if you should dream of the same things that you do in your day to day life like making oats dosai and things like that?Should not dreams be different with an element of fantasy in them?
    If you are going to do the same things that you do in your day to day life in your fantasies too, it is better not to fantasise at all!
    Sri

8. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Dear Sri,

I can only laugh.... You cut me into 2 pieces.... I have to follow the Guruji.... hahahahahahaha... Let me wait for Shans views.... and Chitvish list for men...

Dear Chitvish,

Waiting for your list for Men...

Love
    Veda

9. Chitvish

my fantasies, IL will throw me out !!
    Is there life without fantasy? It is only fantasy that keeps our life going, inspite of all the mundane chores, I mentioned !
    Send me PM, if you want to know !
    Love,
    Chithra.

10. srivatsa

srivatsa New IL'ite

Wonderful people, with beautiful topics and aprreciable enthu !Hey everyone, has anyone listed up the tasks of a working women with school going kids(i am not a 100% of this, my kid is still due for school). I wish someone could do it.

Regards
    Sri