1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Men and gizmos

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Anandchitra, Jun 9, 2008.

1. Jithiks

Jithiks Gold IL'ite

Hi AC,

A modern and technical topic ! :)

As for men attracted to gizmos like bees to a flower...very true and rightly said !

In our home, my dh always updates himself about the latest electronics in the market. So, suffice it to say, we have almost all the latest gadgets at home ! My sons also show inclination and attachments for the same.

Last winter, we did a big research on the Plasma tv..and finally decided the one we wanted (here I am lucky..since he includes me in all the conversation about gizmos). Of course...there will be a pause ,with explanations followed.. from him...at points when my ignorance peeps in ! Off late, my elder ds also joins us and gives his valuable inputs.

In summer..for the GPS..and yippeeee.. we were successful to get the model with the specifications we wanted..believe me...it is still accomplishing its role during our road trips !

Even if we have cameras and video ...we got to have the latest, with the lenses(all types), stand..and surely the one with the current technology!!

Of course, the ever fascinating laptops,webcams...monitors..that keep changing their size,shape and colors every season...and needless to say...we need to have it !! And no..I am not complaining :biggrin2:..since I have a laptop all to myself ! Computer Typing

Oh..how could i forget the Nintendo, Xbox and play stations at home?? These have so many accessories, games and other tails..that keep cropping up in the market..and both my DS's do a lot of research in the net, collect all the details and are ready when my DH brings up the topic !

I'll stop here AC..or my rambling will go on and on....Big Laugh

Cheers
    Krithika

Last edited: Jun 10, 2008
  2. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Krithika
    you have left me wishing you had rambled more.. your style of writing is so nice I too got carried away to gizmo land.. You are quite right about the video games.. and am happy to see your point of view ..a computer to your own:) These technological advances will never cease and am are going to keep going into new spheres. The prices ! are at par with the latest in techno stuff. So glad you chose to ramble here..

3. latamurali

latamurali Gold IL'ite

My dearest AC

Iam so happy to read this topic.........i was thinking only my DH behaves like that......yes he is ardent fan of "Electronic gadgets".....he is crazy.........v frequently for that reason we used to hav fight and big argument

ike we have 4 DVD player 2 music system 3 transistors and 1 ipod video.and we have home theatre for both hall and bedroom..........

And simply he will upgrade his hard disk, keep on getting some softwares.........and also playstaions for K.........atleast he will get some cables , this and that..........like ladies spend their time happily in Textiles shop he will enjoy t the core in electronic shops.......Big LaughBig LaughRantRantbonkbonk........

He will happily get me if i want any kitchen applainces latest models..........or something like ipod, DVD's ........but he will say BIG NO for Tetiles, costumes and cosmetics........so v frequently we used to have big fight......

4. sharadha

sharadha Bronze IL'ite

Hi Chitra,

No comments on my post...Over looked :confused2:?

5. Anandchitra

Dear Sharadha
    Kindly forgive my lapse. was reading the comments and happened.. still no excuse. Sorry. You are quite right that new things keep coming up:).. I did add some embellishments to my story so as to keep it entertaining. I know beyond any doubts that I come first for both dh and ds.. just written on a lighter vein. Thank youu for your kind thoughts and once again my apologies:)

6. sharadha

sharadha Bronze IL'ite

Hi,

No need to be so apologetic..Just wanted to know your comments on my post.

7. Anandchitra

Lata my friend should I be glad or sorry that we are in the same boat.. somehow textiles and cosmetics dont appeal to them as much as the plasma screen t.v:):hiya