1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Men and gizmos

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Anandchitra, Jun 9, 2008.

1. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

my dearmost thambi
    now I am very confused whose sis I am??! Bec just like Shan I too said the old computer was fine when it took hours to load the internet or any program... now very glad no one listened to me:)
    BTW forgot to tell what the two are after now... GPS.. tell whats wrong with writing down the directions in a piece of paper??????????????????????bonk

2. Meeta

Meeta Bronze IL'ite

Hi Sweetest and Dearmost AC,
    You solved some of my unanswered Qs.......till now I was thinking my DH is the only one who used to change T-shirts more often in a day and it really irritates me.......why to use so many shirts in a day......he will wake up....will put aside night-dress and wear one t-shirt.......then change to another and this will continue until he goes into his night-dress again......and what about putting plenty of towels here and there....one is pool towel.......one is bathing.....one is changing........OMG, I can't name others........
    Not only in the weekends but in the weekdays it also happens......when I will reach home, I will see some 3-4 shirts of the morning changes will be there.......good thing is that he does the laundry........
    Then about buying fancier things......OK, I do like that too but to some extent.......not like him .....he tried hard to get rid of the 2 year old laptop by asking me to donate it during my India trip but I somwhow managed to keep it.........then he is after me to have a plasma TV and pushing me to trash our again only 21/2 year old 42 in flat TV.....is it really justified for the sake of buying fancy things when we really had no time to watch the TV for 2 hrs a day.......anyways he is a little sweet and will not do many things against my wish (his voice) as he has to come home every day......
    Regards.......

3. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Chitra,

GPS, yes i have heard about it.It guides u to yr destination , correct ?
    I agree manual is better.I always ask for a landmark, so i am close to the place it is easier.
    I try to use technology as little as possible,old systems are better for me.

Do u know the police in mumbai have asked Car owners to keep a hammer in the car?So that in case water logging happents and the car systems fail and u cant open the car doors and windows , u can die in the car due to lack of oxygen, so break the glass and get out.We have those electronic locking system in the cars these days, and in july 05 , hundreds of people died in their cars, which my cousin saw as he walked 20 kms to his house in the waist deep waters, and he saw dead people in their rich cars, whole families wiped out, and this in the miidle of mumbai roads,main streets.

Regrds.kamal

4. Anandchitra

Lux sweetheart
    Loved the way you say.. you changed the topic :cool:when dh talked about plasma t.v ??? Big Laughthats good:).. so you think its ingrained in brain.. very well could be.. Totally admire your join them attitude and I am now :rotflat the cordoned off Pits.. what would we do but for these cordoned off areas??????
    your last lines are simply superb.. crowning jewels.. blank stare and yawn !!! my my ....:cool2:

5. Anandchitra

Egyptian Beauty Queen
    You are so.. :cool2: You said it right :exactly:

glad to note we are again on same page same pinch.. me too waiting for dl to come!

6. Anandchitra

Dear Mindi
    should we glad to note all are not same! or wonder :crazy

7. Anandchitra

To the Smartest Super Model of IL my salutations..:bowdown

your comment is just superb..:clap and thanks for reminding me of the

TOWELS..

8. Anandchitra

Lovely friend
    Only when we clean do we realise how many gizmoz got collected over the years.. and shall I add sneakily!
    Oh the GPS.. only a matter of time.. this inspite of putting my weight behind it:)

9. Ammukutty

Ammukutty Bronze IL'ite

Dear AC,
    You express so well..iam also in the same boat.If i ask my husband what is in his "to do list" he will come up with answers like plasma tv,GPS,i -phone & it goes on.bonk

love,
    ammu

10. Anandchitra

Dear Ammu
    glad you are sailing with me.. will be careful not to tilt you with my weight:)