1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Memory Problems

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Pallavi4me, Nov 8, 2013.

1. Pallavi4me

Pallavi4me Platinum IL'ite

Do you have a problem with your memory? Remembering the dates, places and certain important and unimportant details of life?

I have that problem, in fact to put correctly, people around me have the problem with my memory, their troubles does n’t seem to end any time soon, and to make it worse even I’m not able help them in this case anyway……

So what is my memory problem?

I remember every damn thing that happened with date, time & place.. Sometimes, along with dresses, wall paint colour all such useless details….

Few days back, had a fight with my friend. Later while we were resolving it, reminded him the words he spoke before disconnecting the calling, which is why the cold war – hot war started. But he was sure that I would have uttered something which would have provoked him to disconnect but he forgot my words that led him to feel bad. In the midst of all that I could not resist feeling jealous of him having the capability to forget everything, which I’m deprived of due to some manufacturing locha!! Upon detailed source-cause analysis, we found out that our fight started on the usage of words “introspection” and “retrospection”. (That story can be spared for another day)

So back to memory problems…….

Many moons and years back, it was our end of college and we were all parting, so obviously we spoke to each other for many hours during the journey, the normal brains remember the feeling of that time, my damn brain even remembers the movie that was played in that bus!!!

Many years before that, for the first time our class decided to have a mass bunk and I was the one de-bunked their efforts, I still remember the date, year of that proposed mass bunk day and the classes that were conducted and my silly brain remembers the person who first tried to convenience me, pleaded me & later threatened (if I haven’t agreed for the bunk) and the colour of his shirt!!!

I also remember the sequence in which a group of students stood in the class room while I was excitedly talking about our semester results, almost a decade back.

And now, the first thing in the morning today, I was thinking about the house warming ceremony planned for the end of the month and the arrangements for it … and it lead in digging the conversation I had with my one of school friend (I even don’t know where she is now) about moving to a new rental house when I was in secondary high school.
    :bang

What should I do …
    bhagavaneee!!!

So this saga goes on and on in my life, I remember for which movie I have been to on the particular date of this month in some random year, and what the movies the other have watched and what they commented about it while we were there in Dominos few years back!!!

I belong to the category of people who say, “I can forgive but cannot forget”… but it is not due to the fact I roam around carrying grudge / anger/ hatred on people…
    :notthatway: t is just default to my system to carry everything that happened (it can be silly or serious). Some people think it is great to have all the memory, but I know the pain of remembering everything that can be safely forgotten. And my folks have to bear it with me, recapping the past events every now and then.

After giving a lot of
    thinkingsmileyto this issue, I have concluded that while making me God would have inserted a memory chip into my system as part of his innovative experimenting, it seems to have grown up along with me into a hard disk of some Exabyte’s. :eek:mg:How much is 1 byte, kilobyte, megabyte, gigabyte, etc.?

So the sufferers are my fellow beings but….but… Please mind, for no fault of mine. I’m not sure whether he (God) is still working on this prototype any more.

So do you have these memory problems?? Are there any specimens of this category? Pl join here
    :biggrin2:

11 people like this.

2. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

bttthinkingsmiley:idontgetit::wave

3. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Awww Pallavi! I feel your pain. You are one of those people who have a photographic memory - boy you must also be brilliant :biggrin2: Seriously, I do know a few people who have this amazing sense.

I am glad to hear this :) and I belong to the opposite end of the spectrum and like you I want to hasten and add that it is not intentional that I am so forgetful. God indeed took time out to bless me with this memory lapse but some like to point it out to my age but hey! I am not that old either and I am not complaining either!

I am not sure if it is in a movie or some TV episode where this child has photographic memory, can remember everything in a page just by scanning it, so gets through some schooling just by remembering where he read the answer to that question and then later is forced to learn the hard way what it means to assimilate something!

Well, use this gift to your advantage and I am sure you will be able to make a big difference to your own life!

3 people like this.
  4. Naksh

Naksh Platinum IL'ite

No no no no no.....please be asssured.... that you are an unique piece :) master piece ...no comeptishon...no prototype ..geetotype...You are the king sorry queen :queen

...Daactarr....i have different diseaje. I forgets peoples names. They are talking to me for 10 mins ...and am busy conecntratign ..tryign to rememebr his/her name...so i can speak too..but mind throws back a rotten tomatoe at me saying...Thuburrrrrr Harhar....

now wot do i do...just listen and nod.

and ihave called my boss Hi Jian...while he is James.

said thank you Larry ....when me and James were the only peoples in room.

:oops:

followed by awkward silence. he or the other perosn udnerstanding ti or assuring themselevs that they heard it wrong..and responid to me.

Hi James..how are you. ......to AJ......:|.....realized...withoutwaiting for response..i left the scene.

i can always say i told the right name but my thik accent spoiled it :D

no desis at aapice :( am most comfortable with Prabhu, Divya, Rajesh, Praveen, Sheetal ..Gokul...and all but not :biggrin2:

6 people like this.
  5. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Pallavi,

You are gifted with terabytes of memory than normal human beings and you should make use of it for your personal growth and development. You have to make people floored by accurate description of when you met them last, in which place and under what circumstances. Remember names, date of birth, date of marriage, name of the children, parents, etc. and impress everyone around you. But things like who said what, you don't have to bring it up. Even if you remember, unless you recall and express them in words, who is going to know? I would rather have strong memory than a poor memory.

Viswa

1 person likes this.
  6. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

My dear Pallavi
    You remember me? I am Cheeniya! Some people who remember all trivialities of life tend to forget such vital information! But what you are suffering from is not half as serious as what some of my friends suffer from. They remember all the details of their earlier births too. A friend of mine was telling me that some three births back, he was an earthworm and how he was fighting with another earthworm fiercely for his due share of a tender leaf. He even remembered how they continued to fight in subsequent births as monkeys over a banana and dogs over a piece of rag. The most awesome bit is that they are continuing their fight in this birth too as husband and wife. The great bully of his successive past lives is now his wife!

Don't you think that you are better off than this poor guy?
    Sri

8 people like this.
  7. Pallavi4me

vijima, thanks for dropping by. I was just rambling about remembering everything that happened even if it is not required.

1 person likes this.
  8. Pallavi4me

Thanks for fb srama my ever encouraging friend. :thankyou2:

Thanks again for understanding my pain. So, I have photographic memory, ideasmiley will use this terminology next time to brag about my self.

I know , I know you are not that old. It is indeed a blessing to forget few events & people, some won't deserve a bit of memory space. Happy for you.

Yes, srama.. This trait is many times a big plus point for me at work. The filed i'm into requires lot of record keeping with chronology of happenings, I don't need to look out for the records always.. most of the events happened and the subsequent happenings I do remember with dates and even the verbatim of the notices that have resulted from those events. But still, I can concentrate more on worthwhile things to make use of the memory better.

9. Pallavi4me

Thanks for assurance Naksh. So I'm the queen of Photographic memory... (QPM) This sounds great, know!!!

Hey man, Thanks for promoting me to doctor .... you have the solutions too.. always nod (as you are already doing it) and respond to the person without mentioning the name..no problems then, and anyway you have excuse of your thick accent.. and one last solution come back to swadesh, so all the names would be desi...

so, send me the consultation fee... this doctor won't forget..

Thanks again for dropping by and for taking back that rotten tomato too..

10. Twinkel

Twinkel Platinum IL'ite

I understand how difficult it would be when unwanted, unnecessary information is saved unwillingly!! More of curse than a boon :-( sometimes, it would be difficult to let go things though you want to. I really pity your hubby :p Jokes apart, are they just glimpses and episodes that you remember? if so, it happens with everyone! I remember my dad's first anger look to me and how the house was, what was running on tv then, what my mom and bro were doing then and it was when I was 4!! I remember few incidents from my lower school too including the seating arrangement of every student in my 2nd standard.. lol.. if that's the case, it's pretty normal. But if you remember EACH AND EVERY episode of your life and every day. including what your friends or you spitted out in anger, then you sure must worry about it!

1 person likes this.