1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Memories Of Working Life

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Jan 31, 2019.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Working life was so nice. I worked for 38 years , two years in Hyderabad and 36 yrs in Mumbai. Had travelled in bus and train. For twenty years travelled by train and had many friends. Siddhi Vinayak temple was near our office , so used to visit every Tuesday. Then when I had hip bone fracture in 1991 started travelling by contract bus. Since we used to reach early I used to go to Temple everyday. Three friends with our boss used to go to the hotel nearby on Wednesday s sometimes. Sometimes used to go to canara
    Bank canteen. In the evenings we used to play games. My ,50th birthday was spent grand in the bus. Some days we used to get snacks in the evening and I the morning one uncle used to get idli and vada. When we completed 10 yrs we celebrated different festivals in the bus and used to have competition between three buses.

Our office was like a family. Some festivals we used to celebrate. I was permanent there for 36 yrs. But many of our friends left. I used to have breakfast in the office and different friends used to join me as some left. For birthdays and farewells I was told to buy greeting card

Sometimes I miss my working life though retired life is also good because of having rest. At this age no strength to travel . In 1991 I had hip bone fracture and because of the operation not done properly first time had to undergo four operations. I recieved welcome card made in computer from my friends in the office with a nice message which I still preserve. Wanted to share with you all

Here is the message. Like here everyone used to call me Viji whether young or old and once a friend's mother in law told her she is older than you and you call her Viji. In office you cant call anyone aunty.

Dearest Viji
    We, your colleagues at Sahas eagerly await your arrival after a lapse of nearly 4 months

Though many of us may not have visited you, you were always in our thoughts and prayers

We thank the Almighty for all the blessings and graces He has bestowed upon you and your family. But most of all , we thank Him for making you walk once again

Awaiting to see you soon

With fond love

Your colleauges at Sahas

sindmani, MalStrom, peddadas and 5 others like this.

2. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

Vijima,

Nice recollection of sweet memories.

iyerviji likes this.
  3. Anusha2917

Anusha2917 IL Hall of Fame

That's wonderful.. Inspirational to see such a long service . My mom is going to complete 40 years of service next year and she's retiring too. I always ask her what kept you going MA? It's such a long service.
    I wonder if we youngsters can do at least half of what you did.

iyerviji likes this.
  4. iyerviji

Thanks dear

GeetaKashyap likes this.
  5. iyerviji

Thanks dear. Glad to know your mom will complete 40 yrs . Great service she has done. You youngsters are highly qualified and will get job easily. But we had to stick to one job . Those days getting job was not so easy.

Anusha2917 likes this.
  6. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

7. iyerviji

Thanks Anna. You have also learnt to use smilies:banana:

Cheeniya likes this.
  8. Reesha

Reesha Silver IL'ite

:) its really hard to leave nice journey ...commute is major reason for most of working women to stop/break their lovable careers.

If god appears in front of me, only thing i wish is," God i have mental energy to work. but give me physical eneargy and very less commute distance to travel my office until my death" . I hope you will get another beautiful career again...

Thyagarajan and iyerviji like this.
  9. iyerviji

I am already 75 yrs. .So no more carrier.I have no regrets as I enjoyed my working life and travelling. Now enjoying my retired life.

Thanks for the feedback

Sunshine04 and sumalynux like this.
  10. Reesha

Reesha Silver IL'ite

Sorry to say this..i am seeing 25 yrs girl with 50 yrs experience.

iyerviji and Thyagarajan like this.