1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

"Memories of Happy Days"

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by ayyan, Sep 29, 2009.

1. ayyan

ayyan New IL'ite

Some memories of my college days.....
    I don't know you will like it or not, but i just i want to share it.
    Memories of happy days give still happiness and want to share with all of you.
    I studied in a well known management college and life was so wonderful because it was a mixed college and I came from a boys only school. But I was too shy to mingle with girls and never had courage to talk or to be with them. But I liked to see them and enjoy their beauty as much as with out their knowledge.
    I was always in the library with a big book on table and my face down to book, but eyes were up always wandering around all the girls over there.
    Life was going on smoothly, then one day that happened, and that made a lot of changes in my life.
    One new girl joined in our department, she was Renuka.
    I had an unknown feeling started in mind after seeing her and may be that is what everybody say “love at first site”.
    But she never knew that and she was not even looking me and I also never got a chance to go and talk to her.
    But I was always mad about her and thinking of her and going behind her all the way without her knowledge.
    I changed my rout and started one hour early, changed three buses to catch the same bus that she travels.
    I was much happy to see her always, and I started getting pain in my neck by looking always to left side in class room.
    And one fine day god gave me a good chance.
    There were monthly examinations conducted in all classed and the evaluation of the answer sheets were being done by students only.
    The system was like exchanging all the papers from boys to girls randomly and vice versa.
    So one by one everybody was exchanging answer papers and how luckily
    I got Renukas answer papers.
    I was much happy even to touch her answer papers and I started shivering my body after touching those papers, I had a feeling like touching her. I was ready to give full marks to all papers even without reading.
    She gave all the papers kept inside a book with a beautiful smile on her face.
    That was enough for me.
    I took all the papers to home and started reading at night after everybody slept.
    I started reading all the papers like a love letter and read again again, but I really found absolutely all the answers are correct and she deserves full marks.
    After reading all, I just looked a glance to her book and I surprised by seeing two three stories written on the back pages of her book in her own handwriting.
    The stories were marvelous and I felt how good she is in story writing.
    I am impressed more on her character.
    Next day I returned all the papers and books to her and didn’t tell anything about her stories.
    After seeing the full marks on papers she passed a smile to me and said thanks.
    I also congratulated for her highest scores.
    That was my first introduction to her.
    Then I wanted to get her impression somehow and the way I found was strange, but that worked out.
    I took one of her best story and made some my own corrections and submitted to the college story competition. I was damn sure that she will win the first prize.
    And that day came; principal announced the prizes of story competitions at the inauguration meeting of college day.
    He announced the first prize goes to “Renuka”...
    She surprised by hearing that, but thought that may be any other Renuka, suddenly I went and congratulated her and told her everything that I have done for her.
    She amazed by hearing all and become very happy, there we started our friendship.
    But mine was not a friendship, that was a deep love, but I didn’t know what she is having to me, only a friendship or a love.
    I didn’t have the courage to ask that, but I was waiting for a chance to ask.
    Days were passing very happily.

One day Sandeep joined in our college, he is the villain in my story.
    He was a distant relative of Renuka, so from the first day he was very close to Renu and I saw them together always. My jealousy started, he is more handsome than me and more smart also.
    Many times I tried to tell Renu to avoid him, but she was telling Sandeep is a good friend of her.
    I become frustrated and didn’t know what to do.
    Many weeks I avoided her, a few times she came and sat near me in canteen, but I just avoided her and went out without telling anything or without hearing what she wanted to say.
    I felt an unknown doubt that she is in love with Sandeep.

Yes I confirmed myself that she is in love with Sandeep.
    But how to confirm?
    I was desperately searching all the ways to confirm her love with Sandeep.
    But I couldn’t…

Then again that day come, our monthly examinations, this time luckily or unluckily some how her papers came to me again after a long time.

By seeing me in front of her, she kept all the papers inside a book and gave me with out looking to my face and with out even a smile on her face.
    I didn’t ask her anything and I didn’t want to read those papers and I was thinking the ways to fail her in all papers.
    I didn’t wait up to night, immediately after reaching home I read the papers quickly and gave some average marks than actually those deserved.
    Again I looked at a glance to her book and found some story on the back pages.

I started reading with out any interest, but I shocked and surprised after started reading that. It was not a story, but was a love letter to me.

I took several minutes to come out from that shocking and happiest moment in my life……

I never expected in my dreams that a girl like her will express her love to me in such a way, that was a thrilling experience.

I felt flying like a feather and my body became hot like an H1N1 patient.

My one way love stopped there and our two way love started.
    Rest of the days in college become happy days again and still continues…

“And now she is my dearest wife.”

With lots of love,
    Ayyan.

2. knot2share

knot2share Gold IL'ite

Hello Ayyan
    Sweet story and nice of you to share. It surely did bring back some of my college memories :). I am sure many of us go through this experience and it is wonderful to be honest, when you think back.....all the goosebumps and butterfly feeling in your stomach, not being able to concentrate on anything else, trying to spot the person in a big crowd, everything about the person seems too unreal for you... etc etc....An experience of a kind......Great to know about how you met your wife.

3. ayyan

ayyan New IL'ite

Thanks Knot2shree, for your immediate comment.
    "memories are part of life whether they are sweet or bitter...but memories are memories...the only differance is that sweet memories are the heaven of our mind which enchant us and remain for longer period while bitter memories rankle in our heart and make our life painful"

Ayyan

4. muzna

muzna Silver IL'ite

Nicely written ,about the days when we are 'single tracked' beings.

5. asma747

asma747 Senior IL'ite

Isn't it wonderful to get the person we love i guess you are lucky. Thanks for sharing the secrets which some time we don't want to share.

6. Anabika

Anabika Silver IL'ite

Hi Ayyan,

I read your other blogs as well and I pray God that Anjali will be safe somewhere. Please don't stop the process of searching her. Now with internet and other latest technologies, world has become a much smaller place. If you have her photo, please keep on trying. This is my hunble request as I heart goes out for her.

Regarding this blog, you are so lucky to get your lover as wife. I pray that all your dreams come true and you both enjoy the following years to come.

Anabika

7. SupriyaDinesh

SupriyaDinesh Silver IL'ite

Ayyan,
    I liked your cute love story very much.:thumbsup

8. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

Hi ayyan your blogs are always good and your love story is just like a film storyJMay be you can become a script writer;)

9. ayyan

ayyan New IL'ite

Dear Muzna, Supriya and Asma, thanks for your responses,
    And happy to know that you liked it. I never wanted to share the secrets with anybody, but here I met you people encourages me to write again.

Thanks again,

Ayyan

10. ayyan

ayyan New IL'ite

Dear Anabika,

We have never stopped searching her, but we don’t’ have her photo, faded memories only. Thanks for your wishes.

Ayyan