1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Memorable Train Journey In 2016

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Nov 13, 2018.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

I am fine .How r u
    Glad to know you like train journey s and to know that the co passenger shared lunch. Some are very nice.

Thyagarajan and teenulahari like this.
  2. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

@iyerviji

Nice nostalgic trip, Vijima. Don't you find the journey tough considering the surgeries you have had?

I find the train journeys always more interesting than the journeys by flight. What I like the best is the easy pace and the company of strangers with whom we develop such strong bonds. I prefer travelling by 2 tier ac for the comfort it offers.

Thyagarajan and iyerviji like this.
  3. iyerviji

True if we have friends train journey s become memorable. I also take chapati and tomato chutney ,idli, dahi rice

Thyagarajan and shravs3 like this.
  4. iyerviji

True find it tough but my husband is very economic and does not like to spend for flight.At least now we go by 2nd AC. My children tell him to go by flight. Ya train journeys are enjoyable than flight. In flight no one talks

Thyagarajan and GeetaKashyap like this.
  5. gopalan1937

gopalan1937 Silver IL'ite

Ms Iyerviji, Nice right up. To me it brought back memories of travel of long distance trains hauled by steam engines and in inter class compartments. Nowadays most of time travel by flight. Uninteresting.

iyerviji and Thyagarajan like this.
  6. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:@iyerviji @gopalan1937 @GeetaKashyap and other feedbackies.

Rain or shine every journey becomes special on account of some incidents or and acquired acquaintances and sharing information by co passengers. Train journey offers the best of all these and God forbid sometime leaves us with bitter exp too.
    Monsoon rains in suburban trains terminating at Bombay VT then and CS terminus now during rush hour many would forget their brief or umbrella in the upper rack.
    Mr A on a mission left by early morning Brindavan exp from CHENNAI and travelled in reserved compartment . As soon as he reached the hotel cum conference venue he found he lost his wallet containing return ticket, debit and credit cards with some cash and i- phone.
    He telephoned to spouse and she said keep calm and think of alternate. She as usual kept a rupee coin in front of deity and prayed.
    Around 8 pm she received call from a stranger stating that a wallet was found in the baggage rack of a train
    With cards and i-phone and the caller said the owner can call on him at his residence in Chennai. The caller said
    From the mobile phone in wallet he found "HOME" number and gave his name and address.
    She saved the caller number and noted other particulars and conveyed same to her DH Mr A.
    It gave immediate relief to A and very next day evening he with spouse called on caller at his Vadapalani posh residence at 8th floor.
    It was moment of great relief and joy for the couple to get the glossy fat wallet intact with all contents.
    The caller happened to board the same compartment of the train with his family at Bangaluru of the train which A travelled. He happen to notice the maroon wallet while stacking his bag. The wallet of A fallen out from his backpack which was not properly zipped when he kept it on the rack. And in haste he collected backpack from rack when the train reached destination and alighted.
    When later spouse shared it with her in laws and parents, they were astounded WITH the power of "ONE RUPEE COIN PRAYER.
    p.s. Mr A is my Son-in-Law.
    Regards.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2018
    GeetaKashyap likes this.
  7. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

H:hello:i think you are wearing the keyboard and pressed like even before I could edit the FB.
    Thanks for your alacrity. Hope you viewed gettimelam posted an hour ago.
    Regards.

iyerviji likes this.
  8. iyerviji

Glad to know my post brought you memories of trains hauled by steam engines