Memorable Moments of 2010 Contest - January 2011

Discussion in 'Topic of the Month - Contest' started by IL_Admin, Jan 3, 2011.

1. nityakalyani

nityakalyani Gold IL'ite

Hope this year God fulfills your dream. I pray to god to shower his blessings on you

2. Laxm

Laxm New IL'ite

First and foremost this is the first time am participating in a contest feeling Good , I have a lot of memorable moments in 2010, i celebrated my new year (2010) with my 2 months old kiddo, my whole family gathered together without any pre plans , that day I saw that complete happiness on my parents face an unforgettable moment ..
    Same jan was my birthday celebrated with my Lovable hubby.. He gave me too many surprise gifts
    Feb 14 valentines day my hubby surprised me with lots of gifts
    Feb15 our wedding day that was a funny day too my workaholic hubby came late from office he came at 12 night n took me out for a drive though it's unfair I loved it
    April May June I missed my hubby a lot.. He had gone to US officially
    August my Fil's b'day v all went to an restaurant the restaurant people were waiting for us to finish our cz it was almost closing time :cheers
    November my little ones first b'day v enjoyed it to the max at quality inn
    Same November my loves ( hubby) b'day v had nice time with our family
    By gods grace I've got an lovable hubby am sure that he wud make every year a memorable one

3. lijin

lijin Senior IL'ite

2010......for me a great year in 30 yrs of my life.This year i had experienced the role of a real women.After two years of waiting (for us its a long period ) on Jan 30th i became a mother of a boy .Now he is 11 months We named him Nathanael wich means GIFT OF GOD .On that day i experienced the greatest happiness in my life.on jan 19th we celebrated our 2nd wedding aniversry too.
    On Jan itself we had got an opportunity to celebrate my mother-in-law's 75th b'day and my brother-in-law's marriage.Again on May 12th we had a great gathering for celebrating my parents 30th wedding anniversary.. ( thank god to give me such a great parents)
    On May itself by God's grace we owned some land to built r dream our dream home and by the end of the year on december 9th we started our dream home.
    In all the happiness that we got on 2010 we also experienced a critical stage in the year related to my co-sister's illness She is only 25 years of age and just married she had got cancer on her tongue (at that time we are too bad but by the grace of god her operation was success and now she is all right.
    again god had changed the sorrow to happiness

So in all the sence each and every moment in the year 2010 was unforgottable

4. Shivani2009

Shivani2009 Moderator Staff Member Gold IL'ite

I love to live each day as it comes but with New Year setting in , it brings along new hopes , new Commitments ,added role and responsibilities to the existing one !

Each month was special for one or the other reason but of all July held special relevance as we Celebrated Our younger daughter Jhanak 's First birthday and tears rolled down my eyes. We were blessed with her after Nine Years of the birth of my first child and Within a short span of One Year , Younger one had captured our hearts with her Innocent Smile , mischievous looks and ever so bringing the best in us as Parents .

I was a working mother while due with her but since the day she is born , the bonding that I share with her hasnt given me a reason to think of going back to work , though at times the desire was there but it always got overruled as I wanted my child to be brought up in the most secure way of having me around all the time ! Time flew since then and friends having kids of the same age talk about putting kids to playway , but somehow I dont want to send her away though it Promises some "Me Time "

Second Memorable moment came when I was approached by the IL Team to Manage Culture Conscious Social Group then as a Forum Moderator with Indians In Dubai Forum. When I came to Dubai 3 Years back , didn’t know a single person , Social life was nil , Then accidental hit on the site did wonders and since then haven’t looked back and met many people sailing in the same boat providing an instant connection !

Thus when provided with an Opportunity to manage the Site which is so closest to my heart , was like dream come true !

Cheers
    Shivani

Last edited: Jan 12, 2011
  5. krisvidhya

krisvidhya Silver IL'ite

Life is too short, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly’ goes on an adage…Our life is like a coin; you can spend it anyway you like but you spend it only once..
    How true! Each year bygone is bygone..2010..Whew! what a year it was! If you ask me if 2010 was memorable for me? Needless to say, I couldn’t have asked for a better 2010. All thanks to the Almighty..and His grace. Last year end , our lil prince was born and this year was definetly was an emphatic year enjoying our toddler grow up- roll over, sit up, stand up and start walking…all this in 1 year ! How days lapse…
    Mid year saw some memorable trips with our family down south and North that brought togetherness in the family.
    The whole of 2010 also gave us a new family bondage called love lost and found ..Last couple of years went by praying for the new arrival, quarrels and patch-ups..For life, with all its yields of joy and woe, is just a chance of the prize of learning love said some one greatJ.We celebrated valentines day with all glory.
    2010 gave me a new venue for working from home ideas through my favourite IL..I am now ready to give my best at managing work and home..
    Our toddler celebrated his first Diwali last year..only thing was he got scared everytime a cracker bursted (had a tough time making him sleep ..haha)
    The anticipation of another lil one in our family has come through my SIL whos expecting her baby this month end..
    Most of all, 2010 has shown us the meaning and worth of the most trusted and conventional word in this whole world called BELIEF.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2011
  6. Mamtaaggarwal

Mamtaaggarwal Silver IL'ite

[​IMG]Thanks to IL for giving me this oppurtunity of sharing this very special moment .The moment is very special not only of this year but of my life.
    Of course, first special moment was the birth of my daughter, but today I want to share the moment when her 12th standard's result, last result of school, was announced. She got 95.4% and topped the school, the city and the district. She stood first among girls in the state.
    All this became special as I never expected this from her. She is not an always comes first type. And she didn't study so hard. She was preparing for her engineering entrances and that was her priority. Only the knowledge and her writing skills made all this. She did well in engineering exams too.
    All local news papers covered the news and The Tribune gave enough space for an article on her. She made us proud. I was feeling like on cloud nine.
    Thanks IL once again.....

Last edited: Jan 13, 2011
  7. lovers

lovers Senior IL'ite

nicely written

8. coolblues

coolblues Platinum IL'ite

With fond hopes of welcoming 2010, our family set off on a short trip to Chennai to spend the New Year with our near and dear ones. The trip turned out to be quite fruitless as my husband contracted a viral and passed it on to me as well. The infection(s) gripped me adversely and I was hospitalized on the very 1st of January 2010, diagnosed with Pneumonia. Recovery was simply not in sight and I had to get multiple admissions in the hospital in the same month due to various symptoms that were unfolding. Gradually, there was resurgence in my health, thanks to the doctors and the volumes of high doses of medicine.

When I recount how my breathing returned to normalcy, I realized what it takes to breathe so effortlessly. It was truly a celebrating moment to breathe without the ventilators, to walk and move around freely without anybody’s help.

The unwavering support of my in-laws is highly praiseworthy who managed the home front with my little kid. Darling daughter was simply clueless as to why mamma disappeared now and then into the hospital for days together. Last but not the least, I would not be writing this piece had it not been for my DH’s unconditional love and support, when he himself was breaking down from within. When I had nearly written off my life, it has been doubtlessly memorable the way Nature has graced me with another lease of life.

Year 2010, has made me learn few valuable lessons the hard way -

a. Never ignore the signals of your body.
    b. The halo of love and care of your near and dear ones will shine through during the times of adversity.
    c. Live life for today as though there is no tomorrow.

Happy and Healthy New Year to all! :)

9. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

Dear friends,
    Today only I had the opportunity of visiting this thread. Wow!!!So thrilled and happy to read the different memorable moments that were cherished by you all.Thank you friends for the the lovable articles.
    with love
    pad

10. shabd

shabd Bronze IL'ite

september

my 3 years old daughter started going to nursery for the first time. i thought she will take time to adjust with the atmosphere as she had never before stayed outside without me.i was kind of excited and nervous when i left her at school on the first day. she walked into the class,turned,smiled at me,gave me a flying kiss and waved bye-bye.

she adjusted with her school very quickly than i had expected.

december 23

when she came back from school,as usual i started asking her about about the activities she did in her school on that day.when i ask her teachers,they say that she is learning everything fast.i love to hear those little things from her.she never discuss those things with me.

i went to kitchen to take lunch for her.she reached behind me hugged me from behind.when i turned around she gave me a kiss and there was something in her hand.i took it from her.it was a cute little card with pictures painted by her and she had glued pictures of flowers here and there and she had written "happy newyear mommy" in a terrible but cute hand writing.that was the first time i knew that my baby can paint and she had started writing alphabets.i was so excited and happy at that time and that was the best gift i have ever received in my life.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2011