Memorable Moments of 2010 Contest - January 2011

Discussion in 'Topic of the Month - Contest' started by IL_Admin, Jan 3, 2011.

1. IL_Admin

IL_Admin Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear IL-ites,

January 2011 – We just stepped in a new month and a new year and it’s a time to celebrate a new beginning, and to cherish every new moment in our life.

Each and every moment is unforgettable and memorable in one’s life. We can't forget some moments in our life throughout the life. Sometimes they're little, subtle moments. Sometimes, they're big moments you never saw coming and sometimes they are embarrassing too.

The contest for January 2011 is....

Memorable moments of 2010

Contest is about....

Take a look back at the most memorable moment in your life from 2010. Feel free to share your take below on what the memorable moments were. It could be personal, political, and social or anything you could relate to.

Points to be noted:
    • An ILite can post only ONE entry. Make sure your entry doesn't exceed 300 words.
    • Entries should be posted only in this thread for it to qualify for the contest.
    • Strictly NO COPY PASTING articles from other sites / magazines.
    • Contest ends on 31st, January 2011.
    • Best and interesting write up will be selected by the panel of Judges for a Special gift.
    PS: Any questions about participation in the contest, do post it here in this thread and we will respond to it.

Have fun participating in this contest.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2011

2. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear IL Admin

I think I am the first one to view this. 2010 was a very memorable year for me and will post my memorable moments soon.

3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

2010 has been a memorable year in all respects , in home front and also in IL for me. Every month something or other is there to share.

In January end we went for a marriage in Koduvayur. It was a very memorable trip as we were a large group of my dh's friends and family . We were about 35 of us. . The marriage was special because on the night of marriage day during dinner the bride served payasam to everyone and they kept a candle in front of the plantain leaf. Its their ritual it seems. In olden days there was no current so they used to have dinner with candle light it seems. Then someone from the girl's side told us to dip the end of the saree and end of dhoti in haldi water saying now we all are one family. It was a new experience for us. Also I had an opportunity to visit Guruvayur and take the blessings of Lord Krishna.

March was special for me as I won the award for the contest "My Aha moments in IL.". In April Sudha Kailas who had come for surgery in Chennai also came to Mumbai to meet her Mother in law and came to my house also. I was so happy to see her.

In June I went to Coimbatore for a marriage with my dh , where I got the opportunity to meet Veni. It was so sweet of her to come and meet me in the marriage hall. Then we went to Bangalore where we had an IL meet arranged by Lalita Shivaguru. Also had the opportunity to meet Mithila and her husband .

August was memorable because my Birthday was celebrated with so many phone calls from IL friends and also from my friends and relatives. I was so happy when I received asurprise gift from Kantha. Also I won the award for my blog.

In the new house I had the privelege of taking part in the Ganesh Utsav celebrations , enjoyed the seven days in taking part in Aarti and also took part in dandiya during Navratri celebration in the Colony. The judge who had come to select the winner praised me saying in this age also I am enjoying playing Dandiya. Paru Sabari had come to Bombay for her father's 60thBirthday and I had the opportunity to meet her and bless her father.

In November again I had the privilege of going to Bangalore and had the opportunity to attend the 100th Birthday of our relative and take his blessings. To live for 100 years is great and he is active and could read without wearing glasses. May God give him good health. Also met Pavithra, Sarajara and Anu.

In December I could attend Sapthangam, Narayaneeyam and Ayyappa pooja and Ayyappa Kalyanam.

So 2010 has been a memorable year for me in all respects.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2011
  4. Sudha Kailas

Sudha Kailas IL Hall of Fame

Viji ma, it was so interesting to read all 12 months of your 2010 under one single heading..........

Wishing you the very best for the contest !!

5. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Sudha dear I was sure you will be coming here to wish me. Thanks for your wishes.

6. Yashikushi

Yashikushi Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Admin
    Had blown the tambourine to welcome the new year.Hope to get many periodic annotates from our dear ILites.

Viji Ma.
    Here you rock my girl with your dozen of jerky snips.All the very best to you.[​IMG]
    lemme join with you later.

7. ashakarthik

ashakarthik Silver IL'ite

Hi IL..

IL is giving me an opportunity to share the memorable moments and also to thank those people who have made those moment memorable.I wold like to share 2 memorable moments with all.
    1.My birthday.July 6th
    At 9PM on july fifth.Bell rings at my doorstep.I was puzzled coz we normally dont have guests at that time.I can see one quizzical expression on my DH face.HE hurried to the door and opened it.Man at the door said "sir ur cake is ready" and handed over the cake.My DH came back and said with kind of embarrassment"i asked him to give at eleven thirty but he gave it so soon".then we cut the cake at twelve.then the next day morning he said he is taking me for a surprise ride.We went to mount road there he was unable to locate the place.So he took me to satyam(supposed to be a surprise movie)there at the parking lot he is forced to say which movie and at wat time to park the car.
    Then he took me to the restaurant by auto.And he felt bad that his surprises did not work out well.
    But to tell you the truth i had a great time and was on cloud nine.I just cant forget the efforts he has taken to make me happy.
    2)We got our own house,had hose Warming Ceremony on feb fourth and entered on feb thirteenth.
    I would like to thank my parents and my inlaws for helping us but this house and making our house a home by joining with us.

thank u 2010...hope 2011 brings us more joyous occasions like this.

asha

8. Pavithra55

Pavithra55 Gold IL'ite

Hi all....

2010 was superb awesome year for me personally. i got an opportunity to learn the lessons thought by god about life. this year i met many bangalore ilites and i had met viji maa, spoke to sudha maa over phone and yams too...!

from the month of jan i had loads of hardships to face. in the month of july i took over the responsibilty of doing the seembhandam for my aunt in the month of july. its such a unforgetble event...! everyone praised me for all the arrangements done on that day because i was too young to perform such a function taking up the responsibilty of the elders...!same month 21 my uncles son was born i took the responsibility of my grandmom in taking care of my home..! she was ill at that time. so the 2010 is something like a gift bestowed by god to learn about life.
    the year ending dec month is something special because at home they had planned for my wedding. in matter of a week things got finalized...! my entire family started being happy only after this event....!

so all this concludes my most memorable events of the year 2010.....

hmm hope i did not bug you readers....! thanx

Last edited: Jan 5, 2011
  9. Pavithra55

Pavithra55 Gold IL'ite

vijio maa all the best for the contest

ashakarthik all the best dear

10. shubag

shubag Gold IL'ite

Vijima very nicely written memorable moments month-wise.....Wishing you all the best for the contest !!