1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Memorable incident on your wedding?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by ptamil2007, Mar 10, 2011.

1. arty2010

arty2010 Bronze IL'ite

Quite hialrious... all of them... the one in which the groom was persuaded to marry by the bride...was really funny...

My wedding was really long and tiring since DH wanted to make sure he does not commit (in terms of wedding vows) without understanding what he is getting into.. actually he made the priest translate the sanskrit sloka into his mother tongue so that he really understands before signing the "deal" ... i was sitting there next to him infrint of the agni with heavy saree and te flowers et al.... for more than 4/5 hrs... :) due to my DH.

later on, his friends who had made it to the wedding were saying .."you were discussing something with priest during ritual wheras ur bride was sitting there inhaling smoke". :)) ....i was glad someone spoke for me..:))

2. mathu903

mathu903 Gold IL'ite

Really nice to read these marriage incidents which takes me back to my marriage..
    In my marriage, they had to start the Oonjal pretty early in order to avoid the Rahu Kalam coming in between. So we had a lot of time in the oonjal. All the relatives had performed all the rituals and still we had time and were not allowed to move on to the medai till Rahu Kalam got over. In between the caterers announced the breakfast and lo behold! the entire crowd got disbursed to the lunch hall and just the both of us were left alone in the Oonjal. We both had some 15 minutes of happy talking, swinging in the oonjal without anyone's disturbance :D I guess we would be the only bride and groom to have got so much alone time during the marriage. Thanks to the yummy breakfast served ;)
    Second incident was during Nalangu. Everybody forced my DH to sing a song. Poor DH he was not the singing type and he tried to avoid. But nobody stopped. He got pissed off and that was the time when "Ennadi Muniyamma" remix song had come. He sang tht song and everybody started teasing that you could have told us if you felt the bride's makeup was too much. Ippadi paadi kaata Venam :)
    And finally, there is one ritual after the tying of knot, were you are supposed to feed beetle leaf to your hubby. When I gave him the beetle leaf and Supari, he sligthly bit my finger and I involuntrily made an "Ouch" sound and gave a reaction. Everybody understood what happened and started making fun.. Even in the videos the scene is pretty evident :)
    Sorry for the long post.. Got carried away with the memories :)

3. ptamil2007

ptamil2007 Gold IL'ite

Thanks for sharing your memories arty. I can imagine how hard it is to sit infront of the heat with the heavy saree and the garland...I am sure your DH got a piece of your mind later :)

4. ptamil2007

ptamil2007 Gold IL'ite

Hi mathu,
    Nice memories arent tehy. Wow you got a goog 15 minutes on the oonjal. Romantic nice :)
    The song sung by your DH was also funny one.

Thanks for sharing