1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Memorable incident on your wedding?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by ptamil2007, Mar 10, 2011.

1. DNM

DNM Silver IL'ite

Hmmm...memorable??? Lets see...at our wedding reception, even though it was an A/c hall, with people moving in and out, it was warm at best. Where DH and I stood - the stage, with a thousand camera lights on us and a small fan blowing in the opposite direction, we were melting. DH and I were catching up on the day's events, who was who. As we are talking, DH removed his suit jacket and put it on the chair. He went on talking. Next, he took off his tie. I continued to chat. Then he kicked off his shoes. I stared.

Not missing a beat, DH continued to tell me something. He also simultaneously unbuttoned his cufflinks, rolled up his shirt, unbutoned his shirt at the neck - 3 buttons atleast. I was gaping at him at this point. Then he proceeded to remove his socks, ask his brother to borrow his sandals and turned to me with a quizzical look. 'Well, are they related to you or not?'. Huh???

'Oh, them! Forget them! Are you done stripping?' I spluttered. He laughed at that 'Envious that I can take off all of this and you still have to stay in that heavy saree, jewels and make up?'. All I could manage at that was 'Yes, Dammit!'.

If you look at the photos even now, you will see him in various stages of undress - decent only but still undressing in front of all and sundry!

2. Dhaanika

Dhaanika Gold IL'ite

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

3. justanothergirl

justanothergirl IL Hall of Fame

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl Now thats exactly what DNM-like response means !

4. cshmech

cshmech New IL'ite

@DNM : :rotfl :rotfl your hubby shud be the coolest dude ever! Changing to sandals? He's got some nerve!

5. ptamil2007

ptamil2007 Gold IL'ite

That was a funny and a romantically naughty one :rotfl

6. ptamil2007

ptamil2007 Gold IL'ite

:rotfl
    :rotfl :rotfl

this was really funny, your DH has some good sense of humour

7. jewel4u86

jewel4u86 Silver IL'ite

On my wedding day, me and my family could not reach on time to welcome the barat when they reached there. Bcoz of which my in laws are making me and my family feel guilty since last one and half year i.e since the next day of my marriage. We were late due to traffic and as roads were blocked, but they are not ready to understand it. and my hubby has stopped talking with my family. :cry:

8. ptamil2007

ptamil2007 Gold IL'ite

That is really bad Jewel. I wonder why people cannot take such incidents lightly..

Some day I sincerely hope your DH gets the picture right and it becomes alright. I would say, if they ask you about it, instead of taking tensions about it, just pass it on as a jovial comment and move on

9. Tinaj

Tinaj New IL'ite

Our wedding time was fixed as 7.30 am to 9.00 am.

I dont know why both our parents are not very serious about rituals till 8.00. There is something like we should ask iyer to start the rituals on time(unofficially), everyone forgot that. I was very restless in my room for the delay, since my marriage happened in a resort our rooms are little far from the mandabam and I was surrounded by friends no relatives, everyone went to have breakfast and my parents were busy in inviting people.

Cool iyer called Dh at 8.15 doing rituals like exchanging clothes etc, finally I got the muhurtham pattu saree at 8.30, and people starting knocking door at 8.35 screaming like anything, my friends(10) somehow manage to roll :rant the saree over me.

Finally I was out of room without flowers or we can say very few so someone ran to get some flowers. It was 8.45 already. DH athai said "mandabam is little far, so you walk very fast or even run but dont do that visible to others"??????!!! How is that?
    With all this tension, I ran towards the hall, :eek:mg: One of my friends screamed " hey video coverage, try to be shy and go slow" I suddenly stopped running and left my saree down(its because I was holding saree little up to run fast, since my anklets were pulling the threads of my saree).

uff finally we reached hall by 8.50. all rituals was happening, thali sent for blessings, Oh its 8.58!!! Everyone was in a hurry!

My man was so cool since he dont have a watch. finally thali came, and iyer gave it to my DH to tie, Its 9 :( Dh seems like dreaming something and just holding the thali in his hands may be 1 or 2 seconds but it made me angry,:spin I literally shouted " seekiram kattupa 9 aiyduchu" (tie the knot soon its already 9), i heard a:biglaugh behind me!
    Iyer said " kattunga mapillai ponnae ketuduchu" ( bride itself asked tie the knot soon) ,finally he tied the knot by 9.01 am. Many rituals happened after that!

And whenever i shout at Dh for any mistakes, he says " I am not responsible, you forced me to marry you!"

Shyama

10. samsWait

samsWait Silver IL'ite

Lol!! thats sweet Tinaj :)