1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Memorable anniversary party tips

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by saycheese, Jan 18, 2010.

1. saycheese

saycheese New IL'ite

Hi IL ladies!!!
    Happy 'YOU' year :thumbsup
    My 2nd anniversary is coming up in feb and i and my husband want to throw a memorable party not grand but very homely!! close friends of around 8-10 people will be sharing our special moments of our life. I want to make it memorable right from start to end right from welcoming the guests, food, return gifts and decorations may be games i guess:)
    so please ladies help me out plz share all of yours memorable parties, and the things which made them memorable.
    i have many crazy type ideas with me but as i have not hosted a single get together party all my myself (i just helped my mom for the sake of it )i am very much confused and :drowning
    i hope you all will help me out to make my anniversary unforgettable :)

thanks,

2. Tubelight

Tubelight Bronze IL'ite

If you give seedlings (potted plants) as return gifts , your Big Day will be remembered by all your guests for a long time.

3. saycheese

saycheese New IL'ite

Thanks to you!!! light
    I ll get the flowering seeds and plant it as soon as possible so that by the time i ll give that, small tiny leaves ll appear!!!
    sure, guests would be happy to receive such a nice gift :thumbsup

4. Jpatma

Jpatma Silver IL'ite

Dear,
    Accept my congrats for the anniversary.

You have various sections for the party.
    Food : Plan your menu well ahead and prepare earlier itself so that if you are cooking , make it easy on the day for you. Ofcourse our Chithra will help you in that. Ensure you have an appetiser to go around , soup and few main dishes and some good dessert. Plan it as per veg or non veg and drinks am not sure alcohol is included. This shd be your forte.

Greetings: Be ready before the guests, don't run last minute for this and that make the guest wait for you.

As the guests come in ensure to give them drinks and they are comfortable. Just check on the preference of your guests and if family with kids , have the kids in another place to play or have games. If any of your guests is with a baby, keep a spare bed room to let the baby sleep.

Entertainment: Involve all in the party and have some games

Dinner time : If it is sit down dinner, make sure tables are laid ahead or buffet or casual ensure the food is warm. If you have guest of different nationalities, name the food so that they know what they are eating. Make sure the drinks are flowing smoothly and guests had their appetiser before dinner. Close it up with a lovely dessert.

Since it is wedding anniversary, soft music can be playing, have cake cutting ceremony if you like. Games can be geared to more wedding themes. You can have dance too.

Your door gift can be anything that you like to give. Giving a plant is lovely. may be some small deco items can be considered. Ensure you have taken photo this occassion for memory sake.

Keep sufficient tupperwares at home, if your guests like your food you can pack a bit for them to take back home. They will appreciate it.

You can even a theme for the party and request the guest to come in the theme dress.
    It all depends on the type party. But do not get tired and keep some one to help you.
    You shd respect your guests culture if they are of different nationality and ensure you don't serve them anything that offends them.
    Plan up and don't worry it will be a great success.
    Jaya

5. saycheese

saycheese New IL'ite

Dear Jaya,
    Thank you veryvery veery much for all the wishes & tips which you have provided. I have started imagining my party with all your tips which I ll use. I am getting goose bumps now. Just waiting for that day to come.

According to your tips I have decided to do these all things for the party.

:biggrin2:
    Food : . I am a beginner in cooking; I mean that whenever I prepare something it never tastes like the previous one. :confused2: Always there are some changes either in salt, quantities of spices used or consistency of gravy. I am that bad in cooking I guess!!!. Mere thought of cooking for the party makes me panic :shaking:. But for this party I want to be best. Yes I am going to include fruit juice, soups as per your suggestion before the dinner.

Greetings and Decorations: I ll be ready before the guests, not make them wait for me and I want to put a nice big rangoli & toran made of fresh flowers. I personally love this kind of welcome but I guess whether it is available in Saudi market or not??? Let’s see..

A nice room freshener, soft music & I ll use colorful paper napkins & plastic dishes(so that I don ve to be in kitchen for that boring job of washing all the plates, spoons after the party)

Entertainment: some games I remember I loved to play in groups was dumb charades, antakshari, guessing the likes & dislikes of a partner/friend, etc more I would like to add if someone could suggest!!! Wedding based games-nice idea!!

Dinner time : yes I like the sit down dinner, in a traditional way where a food is served on a banana leaf. ummmm I just love the feeling(can I say smell?) which it gives to the food??? A soothing effect it gives to the eyes makes me eat more and more…

Gifts: yes plants or any durable thing which could be treasured forever…

Theme-dress. - Very nice idea atleast I can ask the couples to wear the same color dress.

Although it sounds so easy when reading I know something ll go wrong :hide: (no I am not pessimistic!!!) ok everything ll be perfect…sure

Thanks again, jaya

saycheese :)

6. pandusk

pandusk Gold IL'ite

Hi Saycheese,:hiya

Advance Happy anniversary..even i will be celebrating my 2nd anniversary too in Feb..enjoy well..

Your plan sounds good..Everything will go fine, for the winners of the game you can have some prize to give(my 2 cents)...

Anyways happy time and enjoy your day :thumbsupand once done you can share on how it went...

Pandu

7. saycheese

saycheese New IL'ite

hi pandusk,

Happy anniversary to you too, in advance!!!

you too enjoy well & thanks for the 2 cents share :thumbsup

saycheese:)