1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Memorable Anniversary - Part VI

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Viswamitra, Feb 27, 2012.

1. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

The finally the D day arrived. It was Friday, June 13th our 25th wedding anniversary. The majestic Carnival Freedom arrived at Cannes, France. Until I heard the briefing from the program coordinator that it should be pronounced Khans, I was using the American way of saying it by pronouncing it Khens. We also came to know during that briefing that ship won’t be docked in the shore instead it would remain far away from the shore and the boats would come and fetch us to go to the shore. It is primarily because the docking space does not have enough depth to hold huge ship like Carnival Freedom. Most of the guests decided to go to Monte Carlo and gamble and as we are not gamblers, we decided to walk the streets of Cannes.

My son decided to stay in the ship to make arrangements for our anniversary celebrations with a plan to go for little water rides later that afternoon. My wife and I took the boat to the shore and decide to walk the streets of Cannes. What a beautiful city with stunning combination of greenery and ultra modern constructions. When we got of the shore, we found a beautiful private boat docked majestically in the shore with stunning facilities cleaned by a few staff.

We got of the little boat and walked through the city. Southern France is stunningly beautiful. We initially walked right into a few shops and my wife decided to buy a few things and that is one of the days, I decided to be considerate and let her buy whatever she wanted. But she is being so conscious about spending, she picked up a very few beauty products and walked away from the shops. One other factor that was remarkably different in Cannes was how stunningly beautiful the women were and I was processing that in my mind and walking quietly. My wife should be a good mind reader (at least she reads my mind so quickly) and she verbalized that in the form of a comment. I readily agreed with her.

We walked the streets and found the huge theatre were the film festival is conducted every year. My wife mentioned to me that Aishwarya Rai visits this place every year and participate in this festival. I was thinking in my mind why this beautiful Southern France city invites all beautiful women every year from outside of their country when they have boat load of beautiful women around them.

After walking a lot of distance, we returned to the ship. By about 4 p.m. my son called me to accompany me to a beautiful jewelry shop inside the ship. He should me a $ 600 worth of nice necklace and suggested that I should buy it for his mom. To insist on that decision, he reminded me that the room entry card is the credit card in the ship and he could have bought it himself but did not want to do it without my consent. I readily bought that and kept it in my pocket for presenting it to my beautiful wife later that night during the dinner.

The ship started sailing to the next destination Livorno, Italy. We assembled in our dinner table. As usual, they bearers served us sumptuous specially made Indian vegetarian dinner for us. All our friends around the table picked up something from the regular menu. Towards the end of the dinner, my son excused himself for a few minutes. Within a few minutes, a few bearers came and lit a candle light in front of my wife. While one played guitar and the others started singing beautifully. Then, they politely wished my wife happy wedding anniversary. Each one around the table wished her happy 25th wedding anniversary including my son and myself. In the last minute, I presented her the gift I bought and asked her to open in front of all the guests sitting around us. She was stunned by that beautiful gift and felt extremely moved by all that arrangement as it came as a big surprise to her. Later when we returned to our guest room, she said that even my son and I spending the last 12 days with her full time itself was a big gift to her. I went to bed wondering what a wonderful person I married.

2. suryakala

suryakala IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viswamitra,
    It was really a Great and Grand -25 th Wedding Anniversary!You both are really !!blessed couple! It was a Trilling movement for both of you! You both have enjoyed very well along with your son aswell .some people may get these types of rare experiences! If you donot get this type of ' very grand' experience in their life,They can read your wonderful Blog and imagine themselves as they were in the Southern France, and try to enjoy!This is my advice. Dear IL friends don't worry!!!
    By the way, you should have bought a Diamond Neclace(more than-$1000,)
    (American $), to your wife.Because you are a lucky person that, you have got a Lovely wife.
    May god Bless you both!!!!
    Thanks once again.

3. Viswamitra

Thank you for your wonderful feedback. I have no doubts in my mind my wife deserves a lot more than that. That vacation itself was very expensive one and hence my accountant mind got over heated towards the end of the vacation. Probably I was wired a little as miserable tightwad.

Viswa

4. nihasvin

nihasvin Platinum IL'ite

Cute post sir!! Glad, ur son helped u to get the gift for ur wife :) Sweet family!!

5. Viswamitra

Thank you for your kind feedback.

Viswa