1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Memorable Anniversary Part II B

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Viswamitra, Jan 13, 2012.

1. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

What happened to Viswamitra? He was supposed to write Memorable Anniversary IV and now why am I reading Memorable Anniversary II B? Why is he going backwards? I know these questions might be haunting your mind. I have no answer expect to simply apologize and tell that it should be one of those senior moments where I missed the most important part of our visit to Naples, Italy. Hence I am writing this chapter Part II B.

After visiting the breath taking mount Vesuvius, the bus took us to a beautiful mountain range and claimed nearly 10,000 feet above the sea level again after almost reaching the sea level from mount Vesuvius. The guide told us number of times that we would be driving for fairly long period of time to get to a spot where we would be able to see the nature’s beauty at a high altitude. We were already peeping through the window at every possible opportunity to see the beautiful Mediterranean Sea underneath and the beautiful greenery throughout Sorrento. The bus was going through narrow streets of various villages located in very high altitude and obviously we were admiring the driver for his excellent driving skills to go through such narrow roads. In some places, in order to give way to o-coming vehicle, the bus almost touched the edge of the buildings. Later, we came to know that from the following year, they were going to make those roads one way. The vehicle stopped at two locations for all of us to get down and have a view of that stunning beauty. At such a high altitude we saw the beautiful Capri Island down at the Mediterranean Sea. This is a beautiful island stashed away in between those beautiful mountain ranges and the splendid Mediterranean Sea. We were wondering what was so special about that Island? Had we known about the island, we would have accompanies our son who decided to go to that island through a boat while we decided to go to beautiful Amelia Island.

Capri Island is the most sought after Island in the world by celebrities. In fact, almost all famous Hollywood actors have their own houses in this beautiful Island. From a distance, we saw a big compounded palace that was built so beautifully with aesthetic sense. The architectural brilliance of that house spoke for itself. The guide told us that house was built several years back by Sophia Loren.We came to know that Capri Island is one of the most expensive real estate in the world.

Later, we heard so much about the stunning beauty of Capri Island from our son as he had seen it in close quarters. My wife and I reached Amelia Island almost at the back of the stunning Sorrento mountain range. The guide told that we were going to take a break for an hour and we could go around viewing the beach.

My wife and I became like children walking around that splendid beach. We noticed several locals were relaxing in the beach. We walked a long distance and noticed that the beach sand was black in color due to the effect of Lava. We spent considerable amount of time picking up stones that were peculiarly shaped in the beach and saved them in our bag as a souvenir for our 25th Wedding Anniversary. We still have those beautiful stones in our custody till today. On our way back, the vehicle stopped in a nice village restaurant for lunch, the Italian host provided sumptuous lunch. When they heard that we were vegetarians, they provided a lot of vegetarian food for us.

We later left for the most beautiful place called Pompeii.

2. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Your description about those places is just enough to kindle the desire to watch them Viswamitra. Happy to read this. Seems you had the most memorable anniversary ever, thanks to your son. -rgs

3. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Thank you for your kind feedback. Yes. We had a memorable 25th Wedding anniversary. My son did a favor by suggesting that trip. By agreeing to come with us, he helped me to convince my wife to go on that trip.

But I have to admit that I can't write as well as you do.

Wish you happy pongal.

Viswa

4. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Well, I am really moved by your appreciation. Thanks. My age itself would be lesser than your experience, and my knowledge nowhere near yours. Yet you are too modest. Fine. Its a lesson to learn for me. And wish you to live a long, happy and peaceful life with your dear ones, Sir. -rgs