1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Memoirs of my personal meets with virtual friends during last few years.

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by subbutr, Sep 9, 2007.

1. subbutr

subbutr Senior IL'ite

My Dear friends,

All of us use internet and join some websites to know many things as well as share some with others.

Similarly I too joined some friendship sites like www.allpoetry.com , www.fropper.com, www.friendsonthenet.in , www.snehaH.com & some more…last few years and used to join in forums, read and write comments, topics, interacted with many virtual friends, later on I thought why don’t we likeminded friends do meet on some occasion.

This concept was brewing me ever since I joined and interacted with many and by frequent interactions some of our virtual friends become closer, used to talk to them over mobile, occasionally during business tours, used to call the local members where ever I visit and friends started responding, we all joined for a lunch on meet or dinner get-together regularly.

Some times I used to go to the website corporate office and meet those officials & promoters and keep in touch regularly…( Same way I had been to Sulekha Corporate office.A wonderful and memorable interactions with the team sulekha )

Also used call for an event if many of them are willing to assemble in some city and used to take assistance to arrange the venue, date, time, travel assistance from local operators and plan out the Get-Together.

All our meetings are ( Two day events ) planned with utmost care, right from picking up the friends who come all the way from outstations by Air / Train / Road.., accommodations booked well in advance with good comforts, all arrangements for delicious vegetarian & Non Vegetarian dishes, conference hall with seating capacity 15 – 25 persons, local sight seeing trips, etc., taken care.

Prior advance intimations for those willing to attend and all the expenses on equal sharing basis and it worked very well.

First we had a meet at Ahemedabad,( this meet was organized with local online friends & paved the way for 2 of them to come closer & incidentally they got interested in each other and their marriage took place within 6 months, where we 18 of us including the website official attended the same ) then Coimbatore, Mumbai, Hyderabad, Delhi, Cochin, Bangalore etc., some of the friends who attended in the first meeting with hesitancy, and with an anxiety.

The experience they felt paved way for other meets, newcomers too joins the meets, then it became a regular practice to call upon the other when ever they visit any place.

People started to know each other, invited for their family functions, some important functions etc.,

Now there are many friends on that site know each other and used to talk regularly and meet often.

There used to be mock fights too among some friends, due to egoistic problems and later on they understood the values of friendship and fellowship.

I had been lucky to meet as many as 629 of those virtual friends in person and now we meet, talk often.

This type of meetings (goes on in the other sites) with online friends has brought an atmosphere of helping each other where ever we or our friends go….

Even friends going abroad for the first time were connected with the other there and all trips became memorable.

Some of them got better placements too….

Overall Online friends are becoming closer once we have the willingness and capable to meet eachother….

Do feel free to call me and I will be ready to meet at your convenience anywhere.

Your Visit to Coimbatore will be taken care of and Let's meet.

We are all one as a family of well-wishers to each other…

Enjoy blogging and meet people, feel the change in you…

May God bless all…..

Subbu

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2007

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi subbu sir,

Thanks for the invitation. yes the idea is good.

3. subbutr

subbutr Senior IL'ite

Thank you dear shanthji for the welcome gesture.

Subbu

4. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

Dear Mr. Subbu,

Welcome to IL. It is a good thought of picking up and dropping back and entertaining friends who come to visit one place where they have no relatives. We all now know that we have a friend indeed in Coimbatore to take care of us when we visit there.

Thanks a lot for your offer and invitation.

5. Jananikrithsan

Jananikrithsan Gold IL'ite

Hi Subbu,
    Will call you when I plan to come to Coimbatore.Thanks so much, for the great idea.

6. subbutr

subbutr Senior IL'ite

:thankyou2: Dear Rajmiarun and janani for the kind comments and it is a pleasure to meet friends ( be it a virtual or realistic ) the moment likeminded friends meet it takes us to wonderful moments to share our experiances....

Welcome to Coimbatore and pleasure is mine to visit friends

Subbu

7. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Dear Subbu,

Good Idea.....

Veda

8. subbutr

subbutr Senior IL'ite

Thank you dear vedaji and how about you try to meet some of the online friends from your area known to you & highlight those experiances with others.

Subbu