1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Melody, Harmony & Symphony In Yoga

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Thyagarajan, Jun 21, 2021.

1. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello: MELODY, HARMONY & SYMPHONY IN YOGA :hello:

ʎɐp
    ɐƃo⅄
    lɐuoᴉʇɐuɹǝʇuI
    ʎddɐH

I was thinking of the yoga guru who taught 5 minutes everyday to the then PM Indira Gandhi. A few minutes before her assassination around 9AM, she might have had her yoga session observing certain key postures.

Though often I used to try to stand on my head at the centre of room believing that would increase my brain prowess during my schooling and sophomore years, I never knew it is part of yoga and its power to mind & body; and held this as esoteric meant for monks who practised this for attaining liberation. (after one attains the liberation, what they do after is another mind-boggling question).

The other day, my bosom friend & school mate of mine was echoing words of Yogic Guru BVK Iyengar

that
    Rdhythm of the body and melody of the mind and harmony of soul creates symphony of life

But from India as a science, it went to all over the world, while leading celebrities claim to have derived huge benefits due to their dedicated practise of yoga as a daily regimen.

Via online it has spread far and wide and many yoga institutes mushroomed all over the globe making it a good money spinner.

India earns substantial foreign exchange as yoga teachers migrated to Far East & USA & China too. It is said some Indian yoga professionals/instructors in foreign countries are imparting quality training in yoga and thereby earning mind boggling money. I believe Yoga studies included in foreign university curriculum.

Yoga is a golden way to be present in the moment, be present with the body, and listen to its rhythms. In the fast pace of modern life, this is of the best skills you can cultivate for well-being and long life.

It is MELODY all the way, HARMONY round the clock & SYMPHONY 24 x 7 IN YOGA.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2021

2. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Thyagarajan Sir,

You got my attention in the very first paragraph. I was wondering whether the first paragraph is written in Russian or some other language only to figure out latter that it is "Happy International Yoga Day" upside down.

Body, Mind and Intellect ("BMI") are the gifts that we receive when we are graced with one more opportunity to liberate ourselves. Many learned people say, "We are here to learn to overcome the birth/death cycle and not to be born again". "Bend the body, mend the senses and end the mind" is the saying from Sai Baba. According to Upanishads the world is a perception of our mind and the world disappears when we experience sound sleep in which case all our senses withdraw and fly like birds flying back to the tree towards the mind and the mind withdraws completely. Frankly, Shusupti (deep sleep) is the state in which all Shodasa Kala (sixteen elements) namely 5 senses, 5 organs of actions and 5 organs of perception and the mind (consist of Manas, Buddhi, Chitta and Ahamkara) merges with Atma but temporarily. Frankly, ability to love god, perform actions flawlessly with no expectations and learning the Truth through the scriptures are also named Bhakthi Yoga, Karma Yoga and Jnana Yoga for a reason.

Yoga itself means oneness or union and we need to know with what we unite or experience oneness. Our whole life's purpose is to experience something we experience during our deep sleep state, i.e. withdrawal of the mind and elimination of the feeling that we are the BMI. During our waking state, our conscious mind is functional and perceive everything the way we have hardwired in our mind, in dreaming state, the subconscious mind is functional bringing up some deeply embedded emotions, feeling and ambitions and only when we are in deep sleep state, our unconscious mind is functional (unconscious mind being a divine presence). We don't think about how to breath, how to circulate blood, how to react the immune system to the virus attack, etc. and a system works on its own to handle all of that. This is a territory where there are no tolerances and therefore, when we explore this territory of our consciousness, We are able to overcome the time and space restrictions and the capabilities become infinite.

A lot of Buddish monks enter into this territory through Yoga and Meditation and reach a stage where they are no longer dependent on the world. This territory of consciousness generates its own energy without any dependency on food and water. The fusion of five elements (earth, wate, air, fire and sky) which our body and mind are made out of, are subordinated and made redundant. If you investigate about rainbow body (pure light or Jnana) (a third party view of becoming one with this divine consciousness), you can find a lot of interesting information.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2021
  3. Thyagarajan

Thank you .
    Your response is thought provoking and even a novice in philosophy can easily grasp the essence from here.

This feedback made mr pensive thst I read and re read.
    An easy to understand the difficult and complex connection of body mind and birth & rebirth.

Viswamitra likes this.
  4. messedup

messedup Platinum IL'ite

My EO also do head stand daily, like you used to do... :blush:

Viswamitra likes this.
  5. Tamrakshar

Tamrakshar Platinum IL'ite

Clearly, doing Shirshasana or Yoga Headstand from an early age had given you a head start in your career, and it ensured that you never became headstrong.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  6. HariLakhera

HariLakhera Platinum IL'ite

The only Aashan I am comfortable with is 'Savaashan' . Lie on your back, relax the body, close your eyes, concentrate your mind on something and stay as long as you can.
    Milkha Singh who expired two days back at 93 or so never did any Yoga. He said he never fell ill. Never visited a doctor and took any medicine. All what he did was regular walks and running.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  7. Thyagarajan

Thanks dear messed up. But then EO in this context is not understood. Help me.
    Regards.

8. Thyagarajan

My dad did not run till his last breath at 99+ excepting once when he and I missed the last bus from our Oothukadu village to Kumbakonam town. As a boy of ten or twelve he made me run with him to town for around three hours taking short cuts through paddy fields late in the evening under full moon.
    Late Sir Raja Gopalachari & tamil rationalist Thanthai Periyar too never ever run but said to have walked miles. They too lived 90+.

Yoga gives much needed fitness for the faithful of modern young and old ones andthey can not be compared with their previous generation habits and life style. They lived in almost no pollution and exposed more to greeneries, fine air and fresh unadulterated foods.

HariLakhera likes this.
  9. Tamrakshar

Tamrakshar Platinum IL'ite

My guess is EO is a short form of elder one. However, as far as I know the EO is less than 10 years @messedup . Honestly, I don't know any adverse effect, but doing shirshasana before puberty is not recommended by some of the yoga teachers.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  10. Thyagarajan

Thank you. I believe it so!