1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Mega Star Chiranjeevi's younger daughter Sirja

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Kavta, Oct 18, 2007.

1. Kavta

Kavta Senior IL'ite

source:telugucinemastills

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 18, 2007
  2. Kavta

Kavta Senior IL'ite

Srija.

<TABLE class=contentpaneopen><TD vAlign=top align=left width="70%" colSpan=2>source:andhracfae,adhravilas,timesofindia,rediffnews

<TD class=createdate vAlign=top colSpan=2>Tuesday, 30 October 2007 <TD vAlign=top colSpan=2>Telugu superstar Chiranjeevi has refuted rumors that his newly wed daughter Srija and her husband Sirish Bhardwaj faced any threat from his family members. In a letter to the lawyer representing his daughter, Chiru, as he is popularly known, said he respected his daughter's decision. Chiranjeevi's advocate Maninder Singh told the Delhi High Court that his client had sent an e-mail saying Srija and her husband Sirish Bhardwaj were not under any threat from him or his family. Justice SN Dhingra queries why the mail was sent to Pinky Anand, the couple's advocate and not directly to the couple.

To this, Singh replied that the couple was staying with the lawyer; hence the mail was sent there.

Meanwhile Justice Dhingra dismissed a petition from Srija asking that her family meet her at the airport on her return to Hyderabad. “Why force the family to receive? You are adult, go wherever you want to go. How can you compel your parents to accept you?” the Justice asked.

However he admitted the plea to extend security to the couple by another two weeks. This ruling was a response to a petition filed by advocate Pinky Anand on October 19 in which Srija had said, "My life and liberty are in immediate danger."

The petition also mentions that Srija feared a repeat of the Rizwanur Rahman case, where the couple had also married against the wishes of their family. Rahman was found dead, the cause of which is not yet known.

However Chiranjeevi has quickly moved to refute these alleged threats. "The apprehensions raised by the couple are baseless. I can assure you that my fans would not hurt anybody much less the young couple... I have accepted the decision of my daughter and respect it. We convey our blessings," the actor stated.
    “I am addressing this letter to assure your clients that I have accepted the decision of my daughter and respect it. My entire family is with me on this issue,” he further stated. He also expressed his deep anguish over a wholly private affair being made public saying that “what should have been a private family affair has become a public spectacle embarrassing the family and the couple. “If the young couple still feels the need for safeguards, they are free to do the same. I have nothing to say on any of these issues anymore,” the letter’s concluding lines say. However, Mr. Justice Dhingra extended protection to the couple for two more weeks.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2007
  3. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello Kavitha,
    Thanks for sharing this info ...
    I guess, now we have all the latest information of BOLLYWOOD, TOLLYWOOD...

Thanks,
    Punitha

4. Kavta

Kavta Senior IL'ite

Hello Punitha,
    I am Happy that you liked my collection of Cine news. I will be not be able to login from NOV 5th to few days. I will miss you all then.I hope this Srija news comes to some happy ending by that time.:wink:
    TakeCare

5. Kavta

Kavta Senior IL'ite

Hi Kamla,
    IWhen someone questioned this girl,'Dont you feel sorry for tarnshing your father's image like this?', she replied.' "What did I do? Did I commit some murder or what?If they think I have done something wrong, then Its their problem,I feel sorry fr them".
    I thought let me think from this girl's point of view , I hardly got any points! Ofcourse she might be under housearrest for more than a year, she is stopped from going to her engineering college and is forcibily made to join in account school, her mother and aunt over heard her conversation with sireesh before marriage, she might be seeing news in TV about Todi's case where a poor boy is murdered fr marrying a rich girl and might be scared about that BUT still how can a daughter do such a great thing to her Dad! Inspite of tarnishing Dad's image she kept using his money deposited on her name ...I wondered where from this couple got money for travelling to delhi changing vehicles through out the trip frequently.....who paid for their stay in hotels all these days...who paid for their food..where from they are able to drink only mineral water.....for their lawyer..for their cell phones which must be under roaming through which she is expecting a call from her parents..I read somewhere that some Kapu Neta is helping ..I dont know how far it is true! She is complaining to press that though her dad had asked for forgiveness trough media he is not answering her calls. She even said she wants her Dad to talk with her in-laws before she coming to Hyderabad. She said she wants a reception ceremony to be conducted on their return to hyderabad. She argued in court that she wants her Dad to receive her at the Airport!!! How meann!!!!!!! Let God give some peace to Chiranjeevi and his family.

6. Kavta

Kavta Senior IL'ite

Chinrajeevi’s daughter wants her family to receive at airport
    Tuesday October 30 2007 00:00 IST
    source:newindpress
    <SMALL>NEW DELHI: Did Chiranjeevi’s daughter has a filmi ending to her real-life drama? Possibly with her parents receiving her at the airport on her return to Hyderabad along with the son-in-law they didn’t really want? A group photo at the airport, perhaps?

But the Delhi High Court is not going along with her plans.[​IMG]

Srija, who married Sirish in secret in Hyderabad and then fled to Delhi, on Monday told the court that they were planning now to go back to Hyderabad.

In her petition, she stated that they sought police protection in Hyderabad. The newly wed couple sought direction to the family to receive them at the airport when they reach Hyderabad.

Justice SN Dhingra agreed with the security plea and ordered extension of police protection for two more weeks in the capital. But dismissed the demand for the airport reunion saying it’s a family affair. Justice Dhinga asked, “Why force the family to receive? You are adult, go wherever you want to go. How can you compel your parents to accept you?”.

Srija, in fact, asked her family members to make necessary arrangements for couple travel from Delhi and receive them at Hyderabad airport and then send the couple to her in-laws place.

Srija mentioned in her petition that they were asked to come Hyderabad under police protection and family would give no objection and cooperate in getting them police assistance.

Chiranjeevi informed the court that there was no threat from him or his family members to his daughter and her husband. Advocate Maninder Singh, appearing for Chiranjeevi, refuted all the allegations about threat to the couple made against Chiranjeevi and family. He also submitted an email copy from Chiranjeevi.

Counsel for Srija, Pinky Anand submitted a letter written by Chiranjeevi to her assuring her clients that he had accepted the decision of his daughter and respect it.

Justice Dhingra disposed the case since there was no threat perception</SMALL>

Last edited: Oct 31, 2007
  7. Kavta

Kavta Senior IL'ite

Cheer up Srija, your dad is no Ashok Todi or Morarji Desai!

Cheer up Srija, your dad is no Ashok Todi or Morarji Desai!

source:merinews.
    "IT IS TRUE that we were shocked by the sudden decision of Srija. However, after realistically thinking over the matter, what we wish is her happiness. We always respect the feelings of our children and she is a major. . . and should know what’s good for her," megastar Chirananjivi said in a brief statement after two days of hectic media glare on the family.

The Indian potboiler-style elopement of his 19-year-old daughter Srija on October 17 could not have come at a worse moment for the Telugu superstar. He is preparing to launch a political party, most likely to go on-stream after the 2009 elections. Needless to say, the political party will be a multi-crore business venture, as is common in the southern States. Chiranjivi belongs to the Kapu community and like the other cinema heroes of the South, has taken special care to cultivate good relations with his community so it will hold him in high esteem. The powerful clan is somewhat disillusioned with both the major political parties of Andhra Pradesh, viz., the Congress and Telugu Desam. Chiranjivi plans to cash in on the situation. If the elections return a hung assembly, the new party can become a formidable force in Andhra’s political scene.

There is a distinct possibility of the elopement being part of a political game - the lover-boy Sirish Bharadwaj having been set up to trap the girl to embarrass the family before the community. The actor was therefore silent about the marriage; nor did he make any mention of inviting the couple home. He simply said, “Your happiness is ours, Srija. You must be happy wherever you are.” To his numerous fans and political followers, he said, “I seek the blessings of well-wishers who felt anguish over the incident. My daughter needs your blessings too."

This hopefully settles the flutter created by Srija, who is pursuing the Chartered Accountancy course. She secretly married her 22-year-old lover of four years, Sirish Bharadwaj. The girl went against the wishes of her elders to marry the Brahmin youth, reportedly a Romeo. He is still in the final year of his engineering course. After the secret wedding ceremony at the Arya Samaj temple in the presence of friends, the couple sought police protection, as the characters in Southie and Bollywood movies do.

Lending credence to the suspicion that there could be more to the “love story” than meets the eye, the couple petitioned the Delhi High Court for police protection. They stated in the petition that they feared threat to their lives from the actor’s family. "Delhi Police would be kept informed by the petitioners about their residential address in the capital. The police shall give necessary protection so that their lives face no danger," Justice S N Dhingra directed. This does smack of a political drama. Srija and Sirish were present in the courtroom during the hearing. In their petition, they also apprehended a repeat of the recent Kolkata incident involving the murder of Rizwanur Rehman, who dared to romance a business tycoon’s daughter. The High Court obviously factored in that possibility while issuing its directions. After all, India is still a hypocritical and puritanical society, where transcending strict class / religion / caste barriers in love and romance is a sin and it is blasphemous to violate what the horoscope dictates.

Priyanka Todi, [​IMG] daughter of hosiery tycoon Ashok Todi[​IMG] of Kolkata, had fallen in love with Rizwanur Rehman[​IMG], a computer graphic arts teacher. She was a student of Arena Multimedia, where Rehman was teaching. The inter-community marriage was not acceptable to the Todis. Nevertheless, the couple got married on August 18, with Saddique Hussain, a student of Rizwanur, witnessing the marriage. Even as Ashok Todi and family went on a well-planned pilgrimage to ensure a perfect alibi, Rizwanur’s dead body was found on the railway tracks on September 21. The Todis allegedly secured the ‘co-operation’ of top police officers, including three IPS officers, to portray the death as an accidental or suicidal death. The West Bengal government was forced to hand over the case to CBI thanks to public outcry. Priyanka’s uncle and Ashok’s brother Pradip Todi have since been charged as the main accused in the murder; the cops who connived with the Todis have been transferred.

Pawan Kalyan, megastar Chiranjeevi’s younger brother, is keen that no harm that befell Pradip Todi should befall him. He deposited his licensed US-made revolver with the police in order to preclude implication in the case. He stated, “I have come to surrender my revolver and its licence to the police because I don’t need this weapon now. I don’t have any hired goondasor musclemen. I would like to assure Srija that no harm will come to her or the boy. I wish them well wherever they are and I hope she is comfortable.” The disturbed uncle of the girl asserted, “Srija ran away from home and she took this step because she was in love. My bhabhi is unwell and was hospitalised out of shock after Srija ran away. It is okay to run away. But she told the media that she got a threat to her life from the family. This allegationis unfortunate.”

Giving an interesting script-twist to both the cases are the controversial backgrounds of the lover boys. While the CBI is on the track of a former girl friend of Rizwanur in the Priyanka case, the Hyderabad police have dug up something from Sirish’s past. When he was just 17, Sirish reportedly eloped with a girl. The Sanjeeva Reddy Nagar police station, in 2002, registered a case of kidnapping of a minor girl against him. The girl’s parents, understandably, did not pursue the case and Sirish went scot-free. The elopement was treated as a juvenile offence as Sirish was a minor at the time.

The way the Chiranjivi family has handled the matter deserves to be contrasted with how a politician from the north of the Vindhyas handled his daughter’s marriage with a Muslim boy.

Morarji Desai[​IMG], who was madly after power and managed to become Prime Minister at the age of 81, sacrificed his own daughter for the sake political expediency. To safeguard his image as a puritan and disciplinarian and to stoke his ego and family honour, he strongly opposed his daughter’s friendship with her Muslim classmate.

Morarji was chief minister of the erstwhile Bombay State at the time. His daughter had some psychiatric afflictions and was somewhat over-aged when he managed to get her admitted in a medical college. She fell in love with the said classmate, several years her junior and insisted on marrying him. The conservative but powerful Anavil Brahmin chief minister was a fanatic. His anti-Muslim antecedents made things worse for the daughter. An inquiry commission found Desai guilty of hate-crime in the 1920s. He was deputy collector of Godhra at the time. He resigned in disgrace from the ICS on being forced by the British administration. Subsequently he joined the Congress Party to pursue his power game. Using his clout, Morarji coerced the lad to break up with the girl. The dejected daughter thought it better to commit suicide.

Osho puts the scenario prevailing in India in perspective: “Not even a parent has the authority to kidnap the child—once the child is of age, no parent has the authority. But maybe they can manage it. They have lobbies in the Parliament. They can manage it, because the judge is also a parent, a father, and the police and the lawyers—all are parents; they can manage, they can enforce it.”

Shouldn’t Srija thank her stars that she was not born to people like Ashok Todi or Morarji Desai? Let’s join the Chiranjivi family in its wish that her fiancé turns over a new leaf and gives up snaring girls

8. Kavta

Kavta Senior IL'ite

Srija's friends Reaction!
    source:andhravilas

"Srija was born with golden spoon with her birth Chiranjeevi became Mega Star. That's the sentiment which made her to be pampered well. Her father always treated her with discipline, he inculcated goo manners and self discipline in her, she was given prime importance. She was given better attention than Ram Charan or Sushmitha. same reciprocal action of loyalty was from sirja too towards her dad. Only when Sirish Bharadwaj started making friendship with her while playing badminton, things changed drastically. Its referred to as blind love, there after Srija changed a lot. It was thought that it was a normal friendship till last year. Stunned to note that she is in love with him. It's very demeaning that she betrayed his loving father and it was tremendous shock for us about the news of her marriage. There will be security guards around her all the time, guards updated about Sirish following her. After that she was made discontinue her studies and kept at home. Surprising event is that how could she jump away to Arya Samaj without the knowledge of security guards" was stated by the friend of Srija who was not willing to disclose her name. Her friend stated that "We are being scolded by our parents having made friendship with Srija. My grandmother shouted at me having made such a girl as my friend", other friend said that its very disappointing to have such a disgraceful friend who betrayed her father and married a guy who has criminal records, we wish that she should come back knowing the back ground of Sirish, he was eve teaser, kidnapper and a criminal at a very young age. We wished that she should be happy with Bharadwaj, but having known his criminal record we wish now that she come back and rejoin her family. These are some of her friends feelings collected in the morning.

9. Kavta

Kavta Senior IL'ite

Any more plans?

Interview with Srija

Srija stated that her father has got into the loop of image, though I could get his love still I lost social life, thats the reason I preferred to start a new life. Subsequent to the court case Srija spoke to media and expressed her all views openly, she spoke on many issues as well her future plans.
    Q : Having married why you opted to come to Delhi? Is there anybody behind helping you out?
    A : Sirish father is a lawyer, he has contacts in Delhi, Sirish established those contacts in Delhi, thats the reason directly we came to Delhi.

Q: Why you expected Police Protection?
    A: We requested Andhra Police to give protection to us but they never gave importance to our request so we had to come to Delhi and requested High Court to protect us with Police.

Q : Initially your parents negated your marriage, what do you feel for having they agreed now?
    A : Initially they opposed as they didn't know that we are planning to get married, they knew that we are just friends, they were shocked to hear about our marriage. Thats natural, now they have understood the facts.

Q : What do you feel the reasons to be having your father not accepting your marriage?
    A : It can be social status, may be my age is not mature enough to take this decision, Sirish may not be a right choice, Sirish caste may be a hindrance.

Q : So do you feel that your father think over correct?
    A : Sirish family is very good, Sirish is also the same, we love each other to the core, this is what I wanted to convey.

Q : You are not matured enough to say about love and marriage at the tender age. Opinions reveal that this is just attraction what do you say?
    A : At age of 15 we both started with friendship only, that friendship has converted to love, I am sure I am matured its not attraction, we both love each other a lot.

Q : Is there any political support to your marriage?
    A : There is no politics in our marriage and in which way they are concerned about our marriage no politician supported us anyway.

Q : You have come to Delhi, meet such big lawyers, from where have you got all this money?
    A : That and all Sirish is taking care of it.

Q : Don't you think this act of marriage has damaged the image of your father?
    A : Did I murder to get down image of my father? Its only we loved each other we got married and nothing wrong I did.

Q : Have you discussed about this with your father?
    A : Yes I did he has not welcomed the proposal and make to sit at home having canceled my college education.

Q : Do you feel, you were not given proper love and affection from your parents?
    A : My dad likes me a lot, I am his pet, he gave me what all I needed but only thing is we were not allowed to go out freely, got into that loop of image. I lost my social life, from the beginning I love to lead an independent life.

Q : You say your are his pet, then why you could not convince your father? is that your father was not reachable to you at home?
    A : Nothing like that, I told him number of times, I know if he thinks he can do anything, at least now if he realizes the truth and accepts us, It would be good.

Q : True love never runs away was stated by your uncle? what do you say?
    A : Thats right, but we had threat to our lives over there so we had to come over to Delhi to protect ourselves.

Q : Usually star children would always concentrate on their career, what about you?
    A : All star children are not the same always.

Q : What message you convey to lovers?
    A : If its true love only then this type of step has to be taken, If they want to get married like me, then girl should be strong than boy else there would be threat to the life of boy. So they should be careful.

Q : Where do you wish to go for Honey Moon?
    A : Srija with smile stated that where ever Sirish takes me, I will go there, even if he takes me to London also I am ready.

10. Kavta

Kavta Senior IL'ite

United States Of America

Chiranjeevi's spouse Surekha is recovering fast according to the sources. Though the problem is still unresolved still they are able to console themselves from shock, as its already 12 days old issue. Now point of thought is whether Srija and Sirish to be invited to home or not, if they are invited then Chiru will be put down, if not then Surekha will be worried. Only times should decide on this. [​IMG]

Chiru and family left to USA via London, Sources says it is very complicated to stay in Hyderabad by watching flash and scrolling news about Srija and her interviews in TV Channels, on top of that press was asking Chiru's spandana. Chiru family will be back to India after the impact of the issue is over.
    Mega star family felt that there would be no question of welcoming young couple to his home and also court asked why force the family to receive and why you need warm welcome in Airport? You are adult, go wherever you want to go. How can you compel your parents to accept you?"
    Megastar Chiranjeevi has without a doubt won the ethical victory (Gandhigiri) on his side