Mega Photo Exhibition-"Super Reflections"

Discussion in 'Places & Events in Dubai' started by Ushakrishnan64, Jan 15, 2009.

1. Ushakrishnan64

Ushakrishnan64 Silver IL'ite

Dear Abhising, Lalitha, Malathyj, Gowri66, Saraswathipv,
    Thank you very much for the feedback. Your feedback inspires us and keeps our interest going.
    I can tell you that the exhibition is superb and is drawing a lot of visitors. Being weekend, we spent the entire day receiving & talking to the visitors. The exhibition clearly depicts the photgrapher's passion for dance coupled with his technical skills of mixing colours, graphic design,etc. Each & every canvas is awesome and no two canvas look the same.

Regards
    USHA

2. Ushakrishnan64

Dear Sridhar & Indhu,
    Thank you for this very inspiring mail. How I wish you all were here..I will definitely do "sutthi poduthal" for her! Yesterday, even the photographer's wife (they are Parsis) asked me how to do "sutthi poduthal"!!!
    When I first saw this picture, tears welled in my eyes..and I was lost for words.. Being in this part of the world, Krishnan & I make it a point to participate in every event, given an opportunity.
    I am planning to do a small writeup about the exhibition..but I am lost for words. I hope I will be able to post a small writeup by tomorrow.

Regards
    USHA

3. malathyj

malathyj Silver IL'ite

Hi Usha,

am eagerly awaiting your write up and some snaps too. nannave suthi podungo. regards Malathy

4. dharathi

dharathi Junior IL'ite

Dear Usha and Swetha
    :thumbsup congrates.i tried to come after seeing your classical photo.i wish u to participate in more photo exhibitions in future too,so i may get a chance to visit the exhibition in future.
    My best wishes 4 u both
    regards
    dorathy.:)

5. swethakrishnan

swethakrishnan Senior IL'ite

Thank you all for your appreciation and encouragement.

6. Mallie

Mallie Senior IL'ite

Hi Swetha

You look very beautiful and charming. Keep up the good work. Awaiting for more pictures and write ups about the event.

7. Ushakrishnan64

Dear IL friends,
    Please find below a write up on the exhibition.
    Super Reflections

“Super Reflections”,a mega photo exhibition by Mr.Kali Jal held from 15<SUP>th</SUP> to 18<SUP>th</SUP> Jan’09 at Regency Ballroom in Hyatt Regency, Deira, Dubai, displayed over 500 photographs of female dancers depicting various dance forms like Bharathanatyam, Mohiniattam, Kuchipudi, Kathakali, Odissi, Kathak and folk dances as well.

Kali Jal’s dream project was inaugurated by the Consul General of India, H.E. Mr. Venu Rajamoney, who was very impressed by Kali Jal’s signature theme “Tiranga” (Tri-colour) portraying patriotism blended with dance poses.

Kali Jal successfully brought out the glamour in women, fully clad in their traditional dance costumes matched with their hairstyles, adorning the ancient jewellery and portraying various dance expressions. I can imagine that you would expect the event depicting 500 dance pictures to be monotonous. But no two canvases were the same. The dancer’s expression coupled with Kali Jal’s technical skills was throwing a challenge to the visitor in demanding their attention. The visitors ranging from Britishers to Americans to local Arabs to our own Indians, were enthralled by the beauty of the various dance forms and various canvases depicting the festivals and lights in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">India</st1:place></st1:country-region>. Another highlight to the whole event was the traditional “Namaste” pictures, at the entrance of the hall, from every dancer participating in the exhibition.

Every canvas voiced the photographer’s imagination. To give you a glimpse, Swetha portrayed the various forms of musical instruments used in dance. This was set to a background of clouds and Swetha’s smiling face was used as a watermark behind these poses. Kali Jal explained that the smiling face represents the mood of the dancer, while listening to those musical instruments and the clouds show that she is transported to a different plane in that mood. Even the graphics used in every picture, and the combination of pictures used on every canvas had an explanation.

The event was a great success and was much appreciated by all who attended. Above all, it was Kali Jal’s dream come true. He now wishes to enter the Guiness Book of World Records with his next exhibition “Super Reflections 1000” which will hold 1000 pictures of dancers portraying the rich culture and heritage of <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">India</st1:place></st1:country-region>.

8. swethakrishnan

Hi Everyone

Amma has posted a write-up about the exhibition above ... sorry, we couldnt post any photos as we were not allowed to take pictures at the event. The event was covered by official photographers and we dont have those pictures.

Wish to have you all here for Super Reflections 1000. Thanks for your encouragement ... thats what we, as artists, really work for.

9. malathyj

malathyj Silver IL'ite

Dear Swetha / Usha,

very nice write up and no issues about the pics. we will hopefuly visit the SR 1000 to see more.

Congratulations and all the best to you.

cheers M...

10. swethakrishnan