1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Mega-muse

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Megalife, May 28, 2012.

1. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

I had a hearty laugh too. The guy must be wondering what my gender has got to do with my parking skills. To make you happy, here is my story.

My wife and I went to the University campus where my son got admitted and after driving 150 miles, I was tired and ready to park but there was absolutely no parking space. I was running out of time for the orientation and when I was struggling, a lot of them are coming in with their keys only to take out what they had forgotten inside the car. There has to be a rule that if someone forgets things inside the car, they need to back up and go around to park the car again. Finally, I found a parking spot and I was happy. We went to the orientation and when we returned, I found a parking ticket in my windshield. I did not realize during a particular time zone, any parking lot in the campus requires a pass.

I had no one to scream at and I quietly drove back home.

Viswa

3 people like this.
  2. Megalife

Megalife Platinum IL'ite

Dear Viswamitra
    Lovely, great to know that there are others suffering with me; for some strange reason human beings gain some unknow pleasure when they realise that many people sail in the same boat! I will certainly sleep well today!
    Next time, just shut the car windows and let out a shrill scream....trust me you will feel remarkably relieved.
    Thank you for the FB.....
    Mega

3. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mega,

Car parking woes! Wo wo...woman, you showed you will not succumb to unreasonable behaviour, especially in car parking places! I wonder after your bold question, if the guy (guy?! I too am a little confu like our Srini!) was able to put his car in the gear?
    :confused2:

But baby, rage or no rage, do not fall for the pot bellied guy who even picks his teeth for crumbs or chunks, (never mind what) even if he is weighed down with his gold chains. I prefer you go to Bombay and try to make eyes at our own Bappi Lahiri..he glimmers with tons of gold and is pot bellied too...Only, instead of raising mercury levels of your temperature, he will sing to you ' tanda tanda' prem geeth, nice nah?
    :roll:

On the other hand, I agree raised temperatures result in great posts from you and I even get to hear of it in the Finest Posts forum day in and day out...So I am thinking....
    :!:

L, Kamla

4 people like this.
  4. g3sudha

g3sudha IL Hall of Fame

Hi Mega,

Very well narrated. This situation is faced by almost all the people who doesnt have proper parking place for their car (either in office or in house)
    Here in my place, searching for the place is one problem, while taking out the car from parking (esp cacha parking ) is biggest problem.

1 person likes this.
  5. kelly1966

kelly1966 Platinum IL'ite

OMG Mega.. that was a mega mega muse..
    gosh parking is such a pain.. even in Bangalore.. I hate taking my car into city centre or even to areas where I know I won't get parking as its most frustrating.. I can imagine the shocked look on the man's face when you told him
    he must've felt like you are stalking him..
    it was a great read.. wonder how I didn't see it earlier but then have been really busy and tizzy these days..
    TC
    K

1 person likes this.
  6. Megalife

Megalife Platinum IL'ite

DEar Kamla
    Been on a power-down mode, busy-busy: work, kids, school end, vacation shopping..... loads happening!

I

Hi...hey...thanks for the tip-off, I was seriously thinking on how to accumulate piles of gold for my DD? Recently heard that now the south INdian gold demand is equal to the weight of the the bride....Hillarious! So i have deceided on two things:
    1) let dd ( my baby of 8 yrs) go on a dieT, to keep her feather light!
    2) Phase 2- courtship with Bappi, my open seasame to gold!
    Tx for the FB!
    Mega

7. Megalife

Megalife Platinum IL'ite

Dear Sudha
    Welcome to my thread, and sorry for the delay responding!
    I know those Kachha parkings in SHJ, the other day my DH helped tow a car out of the sands! And I see these type of Kachha parkings all over......but in Abu Dhabi atleast whatever little bit of parking we have are proper ones...! So I count my blesssings!
    Mega

1 person likes this.
  8. Megalife

Megalife Platinum IL'ite

Kelly dear, we keep missing each other!
    I saw how crazy bglr was in terms of parking the last summer my trip down there! Incredible, specially at the malls.
    Oh...yeah and that man did look confused and perturbed, as if " what hit me?".......but in the state, I was in I just couldn't be bothered....drained, tired and cranky!
    Thanks for peeping in!
    Mega