1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Meetup for friends staying around Santa Clara, Sunnyvale, Mountain View etc

Discussion in 'Indians in Bay Area' started by Pinkie7, Nov 19, 2010.

1. Pinkie7

Pinkie7 New IL'ite

Hi All,

I see many of us get bored sitting at home all the time and trying to find friends near to our place. I was just wondering if we can have get together next Wednesday/Thursday to meet each other in person at some place like fresh choice or any other suitable place.

Hope to some responses in this thread.

Cheers
    Pinkie

2. shaalunav

shaalunav New IL'ite

Hi Pinkie,

Its a nice idea to meet in person....that will make more friends to 1 and all...its a great thing 2 share our ideas and make new jobs through this meet ups...like catering will help to take any contracts for Indian homes ceremonies thru our friends circle...so it'll give a feel like our India...and giving competitions 2 our kids in play areas and also give a feel like a family members 2 get a touch with each other...giving volley-ball tournament with our ladies groups too...

competitions like games, story telling, drawing, music, fancy dress competition etc., (it gives our school times memories na)...these r enjoyable to kids and those who are having kids also...once we get this kind of entertainment....so it will help 2 make friends in our community easily...

hey pinkie, I'm in Sunnyvale and came 2 this place last yr...and what about u and where r u in bay area? and... did u got a driver's license? (I saw ur post in santa Clara dmv test)
    why I'm asking means, I too passed in the driving test about 2 weeks back, but still I didn't get my driver's license...:)rantto dmv) jus kidding...

Thanks,
    shal
    :cheers

3. Pinkie7

Pinkie7 New IL'ite

Hi Shal,

Feels good to read your post. I was working in india as software engineer and then shifted to US with my husband. I am currently staying in mountain view. I have still not got my driver's license. I was told it will take 2 to 6 weeks. So still waiting. :spin

We can meet at a common place at a particular time. So when and where do we meet. I would suggest lets meet at fresh choice. There is one in san antonio shopping centre in mountain view and other one in sunnyvale. Please let me know if you have any other preferences.

See you soon
    -Pinkie

4. shaalunav

shaalunav New IL'ite

Hi pinkie,

Thanx 4 ur reply and for accepted my friend request :thumbsup ...

Meet ups r exciting 2 get a new friends but I didn't got my driver's license...so thatz ma major prob 2 come out 4 shopping and meeting frnds.....I think, We've 2 wait until D.L comes 2 our hand... If u've any other idea, plz shoot me a post....

:idea:idea:idea
    Ideas r appreciated in advance,
    shal
    :)