Meetings ?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by EagerForInfo, Mar 2, 2023.

1. EagerForInfo

EagerForInfo Gold IL'ite

Hello ,

Does anyone have this issue ? When someone is explaining something in meeting I don’t understand anything but when I review the recoding everything makes sense. Does anyone have this issue and how did u resolve it ? If someone asks a question during the meeting I’ll be doomed.

2. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

@EagerForInfo,

process-oriented or analytical mind requires more time to process information whereas normal mind just digest information and analyze it later. The analytical mind looks into details of what was said and even might skip the next point and remain in the first point for a prolonged period of time. When rushed, it just takes the data into the memory without understanding it.

By nature, you mind could be extremely analytical and hence when you hear recording, you can pause the recording and be on analytical mode and hence it is easier to digest.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  3. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

I was a Novice and had only a smattering knowledge of hindi.
    Boss chaired officers’ monthly meet. Every first working day of month at sharp Ten Am in boss chamber junior officers assemble to listen monotonous intro by boss. Every officer was briefing about hurdles they had encountered and discussed ways and means to solve or resolve.

Except me rest all were good at hindi and all talk usedto be mostly done only in that language.

I used to participate in this meeting using known hindi words and rest in english. In one such meetings, when my turn came to speak out issues in sections i was overseeing, i had to mention about binder pads in which few volumes of case files piled up and then with a binded pad tied over it by means of a thick cotton string akin to drawstring of ladies petticoat.

Due to limited length of that string when several volumes were put together and tied with a butterfly knot so close that it was difficult to untie unless one has sharp long finger nails.

I voiced my concern in the meeting about this in a sentence :
    Ji nada kole ne may eei jydha wakth nikhal jhthi hai” . Eight junior officer and the Boss laughed in instalments in chorous with some wiping tears.
    I remained perplexed.

I agree with professor @Viswamitra here that mind while listening tend to stay put with points outlined a minute before and tend not to hear or listen further speech. To avoid this lingering of the mind, note down points in brief in a small spiral pad to analyse and conclude or engage the speaker with queries.

4. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

How long have you been experiencing this problem?
    If it is a problem since childhood, then you must train your brain to be present and focus. There are effective ways on the internet, that can help you concentrate well. Just try your luck and see if it is helpful.

If it is something you found out recently, then I would blame your hormonal imbalance. You are already suffering from excessive bleeding issue, and a lot more related to your female hormones.
    Hormone changes can affect memory and cause difficulty concentrating and a temporary decline in mental sharpness. This condition is often referred to as having brain fog.
    It is worth checking your hormones, given you already show symptoms of hormone imbalance such as heavy and constant bleeding etc...

Stress could be another factor. Check whether you are able to sleep at least 7 hrs a day, and wake up fresh daily.
    Having family issues, health problems can cause stress, which in return can affect your brain some or the other way.

Apart from taking medication to balance my hormones, meditation and prayer helped a lot in the past to bring back my concentration at work.
    Going to gym or yoga sessions did wonders too. It has just shifted my energy to something productive for the day.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  5. ProudIndian

ProudIndian Gold IL'ite

you might have brain fog. you need to take good sleep or do very good meditation regularly. eat healthy good and take proper rest.

chanchitra and Thyagarajan like this.
  6. KashmirFlower

KashmirFlower IL Hall of Fame

going very low iron levels also makes brain process information slow. it happened to me, once hb levels normal, i can understand things faster.