1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Meeting wife after vacation - Need Gift Ideas

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by reddy2078, Mar 10, 2013.

1. reddy2078

reddy2078 Junior IL'ite

Hai,
    I am a silent reader of Indusladies, i used to read this form since 2011. I used to read to educate myself and improve myself in my married life. I got a lot of useful information from this site. Thank you one and all for all the useful information.

This is a ladies form so never thought to sign up. I had to signup today seeking Gift ideas.

My wife went to India for vacation, she is going to come back next week. I had already given some gifts during her vacation in india, trying to tell how much i am missing her. I gave a personalized letter surrounded by rose flowers on the borders. I got that greeting card printed on a photo card to have the real effect of the rose flowers. I had already given her gold pendant chain and she got some gold ornaments her self in India. When she was here earlier i gave most of the women stuff as gifts. For every occasion , i used to give more than one gift on different times during that day. So i am really running out of ideas.

Here is the current plan , i have right now. I am planning to get her some necklace in India, i will ask her mother to give it to her on the day when she is travelling back to US . So that i can have her come to US with her cute smiling facing, looking for me in the Airport at the luggage claim area. After i meet her i am going to give her some red roses and an Intelligent talking doll as gift. This is what i had planned as of now.

Creativity catches her interest, i gave many creative gifts to her when she was here in US. I would like to get some inputs from you people, so that i can get her a memorable gift before she travels from India. And also wanna give her a gift to her as soon as she lands in USA.

Any inputs are highly appreciated.

5 people like this.

2. Endlesshope

Endlesshope Platinum IL'ite

Awwie how sweet!!!
    Making women here at ILs J are we???? :) am sure she'll be all gaga just with the roses.

3. pdarshini

pdarshini Silver IL'ite

Whenever I return home to my hubby..he always makes me cut the cake while in India&US...he gifts me Choclates and a bunch of roses/tulips too....

4. guesshoo

guesshoo IL Hall of Fame

Dear OP,

:clap
    Could you start a finishing school for husbands? Seriously, I think we wives will trip over ourselves getting our DHs to enroll. Name your price!

I'm not sure I have any ideas for someone who seems to have already given all possible gifts. What I always appreciate when I return is to find a clean home with everything in its place; no dishes in the sink or clothes on the airer and a nice romantic meal out. Of course a well stocked fridge for the next few days + clean car with fuel. Seeing you, I guess it is time to crank up my expectations ;)

Keep it up!:cheers

6 people like this.
  5. reddy2078

reddy2078 Junior IL'ite

Thank you very much for the input Endlesshope

6. reddy2078

reddy2078 Junior IL'ite

@ pdarshini , i am assuming you can you throw some light on me to make my wife real happy when she is back to me

7. reddy2078

reddy2078 Junior IL'ite

guesshoo,
    You are overwhelming me. I am just trying my best to make my wife feel special.

I always try to do something or the other but i never get her interest towards me. I never expected a gift from her in return. All i wanted was to see how she felt after receiving the gift. I want her to understand who much she mean to me. I dont know what the problem is , may be she is not expressive or something else. After i come up with those cretive gift ideas, i show it to my female friends to check my work. They feel very much interested with my creative ideas. But this woman never shared or told a word about that. Like a few words something sweet would have made my day na. Even in this forum i saw lot of ladies trying to come up with interesting gifts ( of course i coped some), i read some ladies going mad at their husband as their husband's don't do much for them. I don't blame my wife , all i want to know is if something on my side is wrong or if i have to do anything better.

I will have to open a new thread for this to get more inputs.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2013
  8. pari80

pari80 Silver IL'ite

When i was in india for 3 weeks or so, during my trip everyday my DH used to send me one song with different feelings (from being far away separation to last one i remember was being very close to meeting him). Apparently that's the 21 song collection, i admire till today.

Ofcourse, you can decorate home and surprise her with "welcome back" msg. Another idea i had in mind would work for your wife, where she can surpise you by arriving early :)

But i agree with others, you are probably on upper echelon of romantic husband . :thumbsup

Last edited: Mar 10, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  9. Anitap

Anitap IL Hall of Fame

Clutter free clean house?

Sorry op. have no suggestions for you. Even tried :confused2: for a few minutes.

1 person likes this.
  10. Nithya39

Nithya39 Senior IL'ite

I feel you are disappointed that she does not appreciate you inspite you giving so many gifts. So this time, just leave it, do not give any gift! and see how she reacts.

If here expression shows disappointment, then it means that she has taken 'gift receiving' as granted! Otherwise, it means she has not even appreciated the gifts.

Give a try.