1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

meeting the FRIENDS!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by aminroop, Jul 15, 2012.

1. aminroop

aminroop IL Hall of Fame

This was written a while ago. Jus publishing it here now.

So, as you may know by now that I am charming. Witty. Smart of course. And pretty in an unconventional way. ( well since im vain and I blow my own trumpet quite a bit, it is but natural that most ppl over here have already heard about ‘me’ by now)

I am the aunt that my cousins' children will whisper secrets to. I am the cousin that cousins hug at railway stations and hold hands when they cross the road. The fact that I am terrible at crossing roads is another story altogether. But you get the drift don't you? I am the girl that aunts always say nice things about. Uncles love talking to. Ah- I see you've got it.

No, not the angelic one. But the smart, witty- the first line things. Yeah- that's it.

So, why the sudden attack of panic, you might very well ask.

well he’s asked me to meet his….no, not parents, but friends!

My hands shake nervously when I wear the eye liner. It looks like something my cousin's 3 year old son has drawn. This is the part where I should down a gulp of Scotch to steady my hands. I'll stock it up, I promise.

The dress feels too loose. The hair is better not talked about. I'm heading for the barber shop when this is over.

But I do look nice. Not as nice as the day before- but still. I wait for him to pick me up. He doesn’t say much. Maybe we should do this another day.

When we park the car, he points to the other car in the driveway saying it’s them. And adds unhelpfully, "You bet every eye out there is on you!"

The heels were too high. But thankfully the driveway wasn't too lit.

Here's the gist. My carefully planned conversations, suitable answers, and smart repartees weren't used. You can borrow them if you want.

They were a rowdy bunch, oh yes. Food was devoured at a pace I watched stunned. I’m never inviting them home.

And language. Well, I’m gonna make sure my mom never meets them.

And they so excluded me from there conversation. Half an hour later, I joined in lustily. I hate being left out.

If you thought I didn’t like it, well no. I quite enjoyed it. Well, I am always like this. I crib about everything I like.

But I am gonna pay him back for this. Coz I am a woman. More so, coz it’s just me!

He’s gonna meet my friends. And I’m picking the worst of the lot.

Let me see… there’s one who only talks about animals- her cats. He hates cats.

And there’s this one who talks about the latest book on the top charts. He never reads.

And my own favorite who talks about her Randle Patrick McMurphy in her psychiatry department. He hates cuckoos.

Its Revengeeeeeeeeeeee time!!!

6 people like this.

2. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Going by your statement that this is an old story, did your revenge work? Write one on that too. Waiting to hear. :-D

3. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Aminroop,

People say the first impression is the best impression. Some have a strategy to share all bad things first to get it out of the way. I am sure all of that have become history now since you mentioned that it was written a while ago. Did you really execute a revenge?

You narrated beautifully what you had been through to prepare for this meeting and the outcome of the meeting appeared to be very different.

Viswa

4. Vittala

Vittala Gold IL'ite

How did it work? Waiting to read it too.
    Enjoyed reading this.

Appu

5. Raba

Raba Gold IL'ite

Dear Poorni,

I get it completely :) :) But did you take your turn ?

6. upfsabari

upfsabari IL Hall of Fame

Hi Poornima,

Ha ha.. you executed your revenge?? how did it go?? please write about that too.. very eager to hear..

7. aminroop

aminroop IL Hall of Fame

ha ha satchi. well, unfortunatey for me three of my frnds (guys!) who met him fell for him and now they call me and ask me to hand over the fone to him and 'discuss' stuff with him! these guys, i say...all nonsense fellas!!! ;)

8. aminroop

aminroop IL Hall of Fame

hmm thanks for visting viswa. im sure his frnds wer sumhow trying to convey to me " RUN , while u stil can" but alas i was too dumb to identify their silent cries of 'beware'!!! he he.

9. aminroop

aminroop IL Hall of Fame

ha ha. will write sumtym appu. thanks for the fb.

10. aminroop

aminroop IL Hall of Fame

so i have company rb!!! he he.