1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Meeting Salman Khans Father Salim Khan

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamalji, Feb 15, 2016.

1. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Meeting Salman’s Father SalimKhan

I wanted to meet Salim Khan , of the Salim Javed fame, and the father of Salman Khan, for a long time time. I admire him, and feel that he was instrumental along with Javed, for the rise of Amitabh Bachan. And I wanted to know about that period of Indian cinema when he ruled the roost, the golden seventies.

[​IMG]

I could not find any link to Salimsaab, till I met someone recently, whom I know since long, but meet rarely.Thanks to him, we got an appointment with Salimsaab, and off we went.

We met in his home, a beautiful first fllor flat in Bandra, right next to the sea, and Salimsaab was warm. I asked him about Amitabh, Rajesh khanna, and many other matters, and this is what he had to say.

On Amitabh –

I told him that SJ( Salim and Javed) were responsible for the discovery of Amitabh, bcs they wrote the story and script of Zanjeer. He said, that they are like jewelers who have an eye for diamond. Where others see a stone, they recognize the diamond.
    Amitabh being a poet’s son, everyone was giving him the poet roles, but we spotted the talent and felt he can do justice to the rold of the angry policeman. And we insisted on amitabh, and the rest is history.

And he also said, that it is destiny, for all work hard, but few reach the top. Agreed Salimsaab, very much agreed.

Deewar – Mere Paas Maa Hai

I asked him about this, how this came about, and he smiled and said, writing is hard work, what u see on the screen is the 50[SUP]th[/SUP] version , the first 49 ones are written, changed , till one acceptable one comes along to which all agree, and this was one such dialogue.
    On How they discovered Sonakshi Sinha for Dabang

You know she is Shatru’s daughter, and she keeps coming to our house since childhood, so she was there right in front of us .

Does he miss the limelight ?
    He goes for walks every morning with his friends on Bandra Bandstand
    He said he is very happy sitting at home. Salman helps the sick thru his charity called BEING HUMAN. They come with their medical files, some want cataract operatiom, some need stents, some open heart. People they don’t know, from all castes and religions.

They assemble in the morning on the Bandra sea side, sit on benches, Salman’s person comes takes the files, which are studied by Salimsaab, who signs on the file , and returned after a couple of days to the patients, who get treated at the hospitals, money is paid directly to the hospital by cheque, no cash is given to the patients.

And Salman spends close to 15 crores every year for this. Recently it came in the papers that in the film industry Salman Khan has paid the highest advance income tax at 20 crores.Salim saab said all the money is spent by Salman.

It needs a big heart to give out a penny, it does not matter what u earn. When Lakshmi Mittal, who was in the list of top Richest people in the world, asked why he does not donate money , like Bill gates and Warren Buffet, he said, he is not yet old enough to donate.

And Salman, is much younger to mittal, and look at his heart. He gives to those whom he does not know, they are strangers to him, he does not get to see them, even their files come to his dad.

I just wonder at times, does the fear not come in, that maybe in the future I may run out of money, I will get old, will not get hero’s roles, my movies may flop, and money may stop coming in, then what ?
    Taparias to Salman Khan: Here’s the list of India’s highest individual tax payers | The Indian Express

The meeting lasted one hour, and it was a memorable one. I want to sit with Salim saab for a few days, to see his photo albums, the mahurat shots, the bound scripts, and look at the rich history they hide, maybe some day. Its just that he is a big man, and a busy man, so I keep my fingers crosses.

And now I want to meet Salman Khan, not the actor, but the man of the big heart, I am curious to know how he started this charity, etc

Have a great week, ladies and Gentlemen.

KAMAL MAHTANI

As promised here are the whats app jokes and plenty of them.

To Modi ji...
    Kaala dhan to aaya nahin, safed dhan bhi chala gaya!
    From
    BSE NSE clients

========================================
    "When it comes to bonding ...
    fevicol loses by a big margin to
    " Alcohol. "

Wine taster... humour

At a winery, the regular taster died and the director started looking for a new one to hire.
    A drunkard with a ragged, dirty look came in to apply for the position.

The director of the winery wondered how to send him away.

He gave him a glass to drink.

The drunk tried it and said: 'It's a Muscat , three years old, grown on a north slope, matured in steel containers.

Low grade, but acceptable.'

"That's correct", said the boss.

Another glass....

This is a Cabernet, eight years old, a south-western slope, oak barrels, matured at 8 degrees.

Requires three more years for finest results'

"Correct."

A third glass...

"It's a Pinot Blanc Champagne , high grade and exclusive,'' the drunk said calmly.

The director was astonished.

He winked at his secretary, secretly suggesting something.

She left the room, and came back in with a glass of urine.

The alcoholic tried it.

"It's a blonde, 26 years old, three months pregnant and if I don't get the job I'll name the father."

Rose Day, Teddy Day, Chocolate Day, Kiss Day
    फलाना डे... ढिमका डे...
    कही ऐसा न हो की तुम डे मानते रह जाओ...
    नाईट कोई और मना जाए...

Relationship status for married men on this valentine ....
    dhobi ka kutta

Na ex- ka..

Na next ka..

==================================
    Happy Valentines day!

I met this friend, a smart Lawyer, at the post office.
    He was posting about 4 dozen cards.
    I asked him what was the occasion ?

He said that these were Valentine cards and signed as "Guess Who" and sent to all the married men in and around his society.

He said that last year he had posted about 2 dozen and was lucky to have about 4 divorce cases.
    So this time wanted to increase his biz

Attached Files:

Shanvy, ojaantrik, puni88 and 5 others like this.

2. twinklingstar

twinklingstar Gold IL'ite

oh wow that is great. ya these khan family is great and i also adore salman a lot for his charity.
    it is so true that today dont pay for their own relatives or family and this guy spend crores on strangers and specially children. hats off.
    it is also true that he is undergoing many cases but still i feel he must be compensating those sins in this way!!!

3. vaidehi71

vaidehi71 IL Hall of Fame

Sir,

I am one who doesn't favour any actors/actresses, but I agree with you about the Humanity in Salman. I too appreciate his social conscious attitude.

Good to hear it. Hope more do such help to society.

Thanks for sharing,
    Vaidehi

1 person likes this.
  4. kcb

kcb IL Hall of Fame

Good one Kamalji.....

5. ShrideviSurya

ShrideviSurya New IL'ite

Mr. Kamalji, I didn't know that Salman is such a nice guy apart from being a good actor. Personally, I think, Hum Aapke Hain Kaun was made for him. I leave the cases alone. No man is perfect. The other side of the coin really is gold. What attracted me the most was about the 49 attempts to get one right scene which we enjoy, cherish, love etc. It is very difficult to be showmen. Those jokes. :) Another good one to read. Thanks for the mention. Regards, Shri.

6. Akanksha1982

Akanksha1982 IL Hall of Fame

Wow!! It must be amazing to meet Salim Khan. The late lyricists Anand Bakshi's son is a friend of my husband and we had gone to his house and saw all the trophies and the books where he wrote the songs. It was really memorable. Incidentally, Bakshiji used to frequent Salim Khan's house. Salim Khan's wife is a great cook and even today Salman eats home food. The khan family is inspirational. They have a multi-religious family and they celebrate all the festivals together.

1 person likes this.
  7. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear TS,

i am indifferent to the stars, but i too like u love this chap salman for his charity and good work. i dont want to go into other matters, they dont concern me.

Very soon on my next visit i will inshallah meet Salman, and Salimbhai again.

i still have a lot to ask for .

Regards

kamal

8. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vaidehi,

like u, i am the same. But i lvoe this chap for his big heart. Others who have so much more, dont do a fraction of what Salman does. and the best part is the family is with him in this.

God bless him always and his dad.

Regards

kamal

1 person likes this.
  9. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Prattusha,

Thank u, and welcome to my blogs.

Regards

kamal

10. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Shri,

Well good that i made u change yr opinion about Salman.HAHA
    Yes no one is perfect for sure.

The jokes are couresy whats app. i forward and receive a lot of jokes. the decent ones i post here, some of them. i am spoilt for choice.

Regards

kamal