1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Meet Bob!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by meenasankaran, Mar 12, 2015.

1. meenasankaran

meenasankaran Platinum IL'ite

Your fb brought a smile to my face this morning, dear Kamla. Threatening to station a Bob in every store if I skip out of Snippets again??? LOL......That ought to get my lazy fingers typing again. :biggrin2:

I had a hunch that the many hidden endearing qualities of Bob will be appreciated by the fine folks of the IL and I am so glad to see him embraced this way by so many of you. He sure deserves the spotlight. :)

Thank you @Srama, @Balajee, @Viswamitra and @Akanksha1982 for nominating this thread and helping my friend Bob make more friends here in IL. :bowdown

And a big thanks to you Kamla for bringing me the happy news of the nomination. I am hoping to get back to writing more this year so hopefully I shall return soon to see you again.

2. Vittala

Vittala Gold IL'ite

Dear Meena Ma'm,
    You literally had me in splits and can you believe, I had all those staring eyes on me at work, wondering if something went wrong with the food I had for lunch.. :rotfl
    I had to assure them that I'm alright, not once but half a dozen of times. Welcome back to snippets. And I owe Bob, something eternally! I actually started my reply with some quotes from your original post, but oh boy I realized I might end up quoting the entire post of yours. kneesmiley

--Appu

1 person likes this.
  3. meenasankaran

Thank you Appu. :bowdown Bob made another friend today. Yay!!! :)

4. Poetlatha

Poetlatha Platinum IL'ite

Good one Meena,

1 person likes this.
  5. meenasankaran

Thank you @Poetlatha! :bowdown

6. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Meena,

HAHA.

u are the limit.superb.

1 person likes this.
  7. meenasankaran

Yay, Bob's charm won the heart of one more ILite! :yes: Thanks a ton Kamalji. :thankyou2:

8. Aria

Aria New IL'ite

"Snippets" is a strange but self-sustainable ballast of undetected competition, unalterable ethos, and at times undelivered responses (from passive readers). Yet, time and again such well-keeled boat is rocked now and then with literary gushers who explode, afloat, stretch or flail those limbs (what ever that pointed action) to produce works which erect a touchstone for enthusiastic writers. When you had witnessed this phenomenon of good writers publishing articles that demand your attention in succession, a new transformation threatens to upstage downtown residents like me who were struck by the empurpled prose till now are astonished at the respondent feedbacks in the first page.

I had a feeling to skip this post after duly attesting my 'Lord Like Privy' seal unsure of providing a proportionate and justifiable feedback bordering in gauze of slippery flatter or slow-yet-steady (bob ishtyle) admiration. I was about to flee astern bumping and knocking off few lumbering noggins (bob ala) coming this way to your column, eager to view the spectacle of riotous laughter when I decided to attempt to say:

"Meet Meena"

Nobody knows who she is or what inspires her to write but something stirs , something awakens and she dips her pen in ink-well and scratches clefs and notes that she thinks is a triple-meter waltz or ballad but let me tell her that symphony of melasamic notes is what she attunes. She talks of 10KW glow reserved for her husband and fails to acknowledge the 20KW blast on her reader. She compares movement with a gliding swan but detracts the reader from observing her own pace of wit with skating falcon.

Yes, I've met Bob and also thanks for introducing Meena in that pretence.

1 person likes this.
  9. meenasankaran

Dear Aria,

Your feedback got me to do something that I haven't done in a long time - I sought the help of a dictionary today. :-D Your vocabulary is amazing. Thanks to you, I picked up a few good words today. :wink:

Lol on your presentation 'Meet Meena'. You are too kind to me and too generous in your compliments. Bob and I are both grateful to make your acquaintance Arai. Thank you. :bowdown