Meenakshi Thirukalyanam is celebrated today in my city Madurai !

Discussion in 'Festivals, Functions & Rituals' started by Chitvish, Apr 29, 2007.

1. Ushakrishnan64

Ushakrishnan64 Silver IL'ite

Dear Chithra,
    Thank you for posting the link to enlighten me about Edhir Sevai (1st time I have heard this name). I would love to visit Madurai during my vacation, so my children will learn about this lovely place!:-D

Regards
    USHA

2. Ushakrishnan64

Ushakrishnan64 Silver IL'ite

Dear Vmur,
    Thanx a ton for posting the Dinamalar link. I could have not had a close dharshan as this, even if I had been to Madurai for this event.

Regards
    USHA

3. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Usha,
    I love your showing interest in my town.
    Since the Madurai people go & "ethir kondu azaikkarathu" Kallazakar, it is called Ethir Sevai !
    I would love to join you, if circumstnces permit, when you plan a Madurai trip !
    Things will happen, God willing, Usha!
    Love,
    Chithra.

4. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vidya,

It was only today that I am able to open the link and see the pictures of Madurai Meenakshi's Thirukkalyanam. They are wonderful pictures and thanks for posting all of them. I have never seen anything like this, it was a feast to the eyes and a revelation. Like said before, even if I were in Madura, I doubt if I would have braved such thronging crowd and if I did, I doubt if I could have had such a clear view. Enjoyed seeing the pictures. Thanks again.

L, Kamla

Why is the Devi addressed as Piriyavidai..what does that mean? Can you or Chithra or anyone in the know how explain?