Medium of Instruction Certificate

Discussion in 'Indians in Australia & NZ' started by maha, Nov 5, 2012.

1. maha

maha Senior IL'ite

hi ladies,

my husband is trying for relocating to australia and so he has to take up the IELTS exam and score above 7.0,in my case since, we were said by the consultant that either i need to take up the exam and score 8.0 or i need to produce a medium of instn. certificate . We thought the second one to be a better option.

Now, my UG is from madras univ & PG is from Anna univ. Can anyone let me know the way to get the medium of instruction certificate. how long will it take?, since i need to go to chennai to get this done..

ladies who have already migrated to australia, did u go through the same procedure in case if u wish to work there?.

pls let me know,
    cheers,
    maha

2. priyavijai

priyavijai New IL'ite

3. jeyasutha

jeyasutha Silver IL'ite

Hi maha,I am living here for 5 years. As per my knowledge ,the person should get 7 points in ielts of they wish to come here for studies.if they come here for work,they should get 5 points. if your husband is a trade related peson(skilled employee),he should gettra first then write ielts to get PR here. U already got married,you should only write ielts to get a 5 points.i have seen many ladies here,they got married overseas after that they came here with their husband.they only write ielts.some people only finished 12 th standard in overseas.some times it also depends upon case officer.u also thoroughly check the websites and I also ask my husband regarding this if he knows something about this.i will let you know later .

4. maha

maha Senior IL'ite

Hi Priya,
    Yes, this is for PR. My husband is the primary (main) applicant, and i am the dependant, so i believe i become the secondary applicant.So, we were informed by the immig.consultant that i get the option to sit IELTS or to get the medium of instn certificate.But, if i do not take the IELTS, does it mean i will not be eligible to work in Australia?.I was also checking the other discussions over internet, and came across this link also from DIAC - Skilled – Independent (Migrant) Visa (Subclass 175)

Thanks for sharing the info priya.

cheers,
    maha

5. maha

maha Senior IL'ite

Hi jeyasutha,

Thanks for sharing the info..
    Now,coming to my case, my DH is a skilled employee and already applied with an IELTS score of 6 pts, although we were said he requires 7, for initial processing 6 was an eligible score itseems and after 3 months he might have to take another chance to score 7. This was from the consultant's side.
    For me to go as a dependant along with 2 kids, is it mandatory to take the exam?
    secondly, i have a PG in engg. and currently working here in dubai, so if i need to find a job in australia, what will be the eligibility criteria?

6. jeyasutha

jeyasutha Silver IL'ite

Maha,if u married and got kids,u can come by dependent visa.if u want to work here it is not mandatory to only be a PR.you can work if u come under dependent visa as well. They don't allowed to work if u come under tourist visa or under student visa. So,check for the dependent visa. Here many of the ladies normally came by dependent visa.

7. maha

maha Senior IL'ite

hi jeyasudha,
    i am married and have 2 kids..
    its good news that even if we are under husband's sponsorship, we are eligible to work..even here in dubai,its the same..

thanks for the info.
    cheers,
    maha

8. SaradhaRaj

SaradhaRaj Senior IL'ite

Hi maha,

Medium of instruction cert is something that ur university would issue if u apply.
    That means if u have done ur degree course in english medium...u r not required to take up ielts being the secondary applixant.
    Just enquire ur university n they will provide u with one for a very nominal fee.
    I got it from anna univ n hence skiped ielts..

9. SaradhaRaj

SaradhaRaj Senior IL'ite

Thought i should add this...
    I downloaded the application for medium of inst cert from anna univ website...
    I went in person to chennai...filed it n came back.
    After a week, they sent it by post to my address..

10. shareon

shareon Senior IL'ite

Hi Maha,
    In case you're still trying to get the certificate, you can get a letter from the college/insititution you graduated from. This alongwith the school certificate showing that the medium of instruction was in English should suffice.
    We had to get this done for my husband (from the college) and went fine with our CO.

Hope it helps