1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Medicine for cold - any syrup like septillin for a 3 yr old?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous in Parenting' started by kads, Dec 3, 2007.

1. kads

kads Senior IL'ite

HI all moms
    My son is 3yr n 3months old.Since the winters have started he is constantly having cold .Its his second winter in US but first winter for his school as because of his cold he misses his school for weeks.If any one is aware of septilin syrup its ayurvedic med then i am giving him that everyday since last 15 days as i know its verygood for cold but all in vain.I wanted to ask if anyone have exprienced with a verygood sryup recently pl let me know .Doctor is also not able to help a lot as she prescribed cleartin n if fever comes then only tylenol.As i thought sepitilin will help him a lot as my sisters daughetr s doctor asked her to give that for 3months to remove cold from root...But dontknow why its not helping my son..pl anyone knows about any syrups name pl write...will be waiting

2. btej26K

btej26K New IL'ite

hi
    I know how it is when kids have cold n cough especially abroad. I am also reciding in UK and have 2 kids one 4yrs and the other 18months. If you believe in ayuvedic then why dont you try this simple home remedy. Give equal quantity of ginger juice and honey 2 or 3 times.Especially before going to bed. Also try this when their is cough. Keep giving this when he doesnt have cold so that his immune system is strong. I hope this helps you.
    All the best and take care
    Tej

3. rekhas

rekhas Senior IL'ite

Hello Tej,

How do you get the juice out of ginger? Can I grind some ginger without water, store it, squeeze the juice as necessary? or how about I give it them the ginger paste mixed with honey? Thx for your reply.

Rekha

4. btej26K

btej26K New IL'ite

Hi Rekha
    You can grind and then squeeze the juice from a muslin cloth and use it but dont store for more than a day or 2.
    Dont use the ginger paste.
    Bye
    Tej