Medical Insurance for Visitors to UK

Discussion in 'Europe - Other Areas' started by roopasrivats, Apr 27, 2009.

1. roopasrivats

roopasrivats New IL'ite

Hello All!

I am sure most of you all would have brought it in ur relatives as Visitors to the UK. My MIL is visiting us in May. Would like to know the details of a good, reasonable and not very expensive Medical insurance for her.
    Can anybody let me know the details. She is around 65 yrs, and has no pre-existing conditions. Please provide pointers to some companies that you have purchased MI from and was satisfied with it!!

Hoping to get a reply atleast before the weekend!! :)As she is travelling on May 7th!!

Regards,
    Roopa

2. SarahGems

SarahGems New IL'ite

Health insurance is insurance that pays for all or part of a person's health care bills. The types of health insurance are group health plans, individual plans, workers' compensation, and government health plans such as Medicare and Medicaid.

<LINK href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CSufia%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml" rel=File-List><STYLE> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </STYLE>Medicare Supplement insurance may apply to a limited or comprehensive range of medical services and may provide for full or partial payment of the costs of specific services. Benefits may consist of the right to certain medical services or reimbursement of the insured for specified medical costs.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2010
  3. tulipzz

tulipzz Platinum IL'ite

Check on sites like insurancepundit for comparision. Travel insurance will also cover medical insurance during the trip. When my mom came to London last year, I got her a travel Insurance for about 3500 INR.

4. iyerponnu

iyerponnu Gold IL'ite

If you know the exact dates of the trip, then it makes the insurance even cheaper. Though I would advise having a few days leeway at least. Most of our Indian insurance companies provide this kind of insurance.

Mythili