1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Medical Insurance for H4 dependents in LA

Discussion in 'Indians in Los Angeles' started by meherenow, Mar 11, 2014.

1. meherenow

meherenow New IL'ite

Hi

I am planning to travel to LA this week....
    Just wanted some information about health insurance in US for H4.

My hubby told me he tried to add me on the company's website to dependents section in the company provided insurance policy (CIGNA) but could not since it asked for SSN. H4 holders cannot get SSN. So, he could not add us.

It seems also, that insurance outside is expensive and they cover very few things.
    Just wanted to check here, what insurance company are you using and which one is better if we have to take insurance from outside.

Thanks

2. sansan23

sansan23 Senior IL'ite

Hello OP,

Ask your husband to check with his HR.He can definitely add you on his insurance.
    He can also call his insurance company and get more details on how to add you.As long as you have a Marriage certificate and H4 stamping through his job ,you are eligible to get the insurance through him.

3. meherenow

meherenow New IL'ite

Thanks sansan

My husband is checking with his employer...maybe its due to the website only and the insurance company allows. the employer is contacting the insurance company to clarify

Lets see...getting the employer to cover H4 insurance would be the best as it would keep the costs down for us.