1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Medical examination & mental tension

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Viswamitra, May 26, 2012.

1. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Finally the day fixed for routine medical check up arrived. The whole family consisting of the grandfather, grandmother and father were extremely nervous. It was a day that the grandson needed to go for detailed medical review consisting of at least two shots (injections), routine blood work, dental cleaning and thorough physical to ensure there were no other health issues. The grandfather prayed for a long time in the morning and applied vibhuti on his grandson’s forehead and administered a little orally into his mouth. The grandson knew that something special was going to happen and he also became nervous. The grandfather told the family that the best way he could withstand the mental pressure was to focus on the work that day so that his mind would be diverted. The grandmother decided to stay in the hospital all day even though she could not stay next to the grandson. The father prepared to drop his son off in the hospital knowing full well that he had to be administered general anesthesia for providing dental care. He was scared to see his son suffer and hence decided to go to work after dropping him off in the hospital.

After 8 hours of stay in the hospital, the physician called to let the family know that all procedures went well and the grandson was doing great. The grandfather immediately rushed to the hospital to bring the grandson back home. When grandparents arrived home, to their surprise, they found the father was back home early as he was worried about his son. Everyone was showering their love to the little one but unfortunately the little one was not in the mood to reciprocate. He was dull and was not in a position to express his happiness for the love that was showered on him. Everyone was so worried that he was so disoriented due to the effect of anesthesia. They went to sleep with a hope that he would get better the next day after telephonic discussions with the physician.

The next day morning, the grandson refused to eat any food. The tension started building up as normally active grandson was dull and was lying down. Again, phone calls were made and the physician responded that sometimes, it takes nearly two days for him to get out of the effect of anesthesia. The grandparents waited patiently for 48 hours and in the meantime, the grandson did not show any emotions and was dull and in bed most of the time. Two days later, when the grandparents woke up, they heard someone running towards them and to their surprise they found a happy grandson standing right next to them. They picked him up and started showering their love to the little one. His inability to express his pain in words caused so much pain to the whole family.

The whole family never realized until this incident how much one family member can affect the entire family. His absence for 8 hours created a vacuum at home. His not eating food, not being active and not showing his emotions of happiness created such an impact on the whole family. The grandparents thanked the Almighty for his speedy recovery. They did not understand that the dental cleaning resulted in him feeling the pain for a while and hence he refused to eat for a couple of days.

Everyone at home knew that they are strongly tied to the residence because they could not stay away from this little one for more than a few hours a day. They would certainly like to watch him wag his tail and running around chasing the mountain of toys that were purchased for him to play.

(This blog is about 3 year old pet Dachshund named “Orion” who had to go through his annual examination in a veterinary hospital and how much havoc it created among other family members.)

2. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Viswa dear good one, Ithought its a child. So much love they have for the pet.

3. honeybee

honeybee Gold IL'ite

Viswa sir
    It is a very interesting write-up.I thought it was a child initially.. getting ready to ask you how old when I was just midway through and the end was an unexpected one.

Now I honestly envy Orion for the kind of pampering he gets!:exactly:

regards
    honeybee

4. ramyaramani

ramyaramani Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I thought it was a human child. Could not guess that the main hero was a pet.

5. Viswamitra

Dear Sister,

Thank you for your first fb for this blog. The grandfather in that story is me and I wrote a blog about our pet Orion. My wife who resisted a pet for so many years yielded to the pressure of my son 3 years back and now she is inseparable from the pet. What a stress buster he is.

Viswa

6. Viswamitra

Honeybee,

My son is 23 years old and is doing his Masters degree. He is being our only child, he wanted his mom to give some space for him to grow. He brought the pet 3 years ago. We became so affectionate to him. We can't stay out of the house for more than 3 hours. He is more indoor pet and he does not like car rides. Once we went on a 5 day cruise and we left him in a day/night care facility. My wife was very uncomfortable throughout the cruise and on her return she declared that no more vacation for her if the pet is not accompanying her.

7. Viswamitra

Thank you for stepping in. We are very attached to this pet. When we go out and come back home, as soon as he hears the garage door sound, he rushes near the door and waits for us with his tail wagging. He things world of us and that makes us feel extremely affectionate to him.

Viswa

8. Pallavi4me

Pallavi4me Platinum IL'ite

Viswamitra sir, I never thought its your pet. I thought it might be your experience with your son when he was child.

But nice to know the affection your family has for the pet. It shown how kind person you & your family are. Felt happy reading this. :)

9. Viswamitra

Dear Pallavi,

Normally, you are pretty good in guessing it. Your first sentence made me feel that I handled the blog well. Thank you for your kind words about our family. Yes. Our family thrives on love and affection primarily because of my better half. She is a polished diamond showing light for someone like me who is aspiring to become a diamond from coal.

Viswa