1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

measurements for ladies formal interview suits

Discussion in 'Indians in Bay Area' started by swethaln, Feb 27, 2012.

1. swethaln

swethaln New IL'ite

Hi everyone,

I have a very wierd question actually.

I wanted to stitch a formal interview suit preferably a skirt and blazer.I was wondering if any tailor in bay area who is an expert in stitching formal suits would take my measurements.
    I dont want to stitch it here because its very expensive,I wanted to get it stitiched from india.
    Do u know any one who would be happy to just take my measurement? I know it sounds unreasonable , but just checking if there is possibility.I dint want to follow an online guide to take my measurements because i dont think i ll get a good fit.

hopefully i get an answer.

2. indianinbayarea

indianinbayarea New IL'ite

It will be difficult. I think you want to take measurements, give it to someone in india and then the tailor will stitch it there. How are you planning to bring that skirt and blazer to US? If you parcel it, it will cost you some bucks

What I would suggest is try a blazer or skirt over here in US. Then take measurements by yourself. Some clothes have measurements ( I think). Rest you will have to go to some Indian tailoring shops. There are a few in the bay area. They might be able to help you