1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

me! my hubby! and exercise!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by vidyasundar, Oct 23, 2007.

1. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Vidya,
    I will you, I will also join with you and open a GYM for these guys.

:thumbsup

~Punitha

2. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Vidya,
    Very nicely written.
    It is true that we cannot make them do any excercise, they will only if they put their mind on to it.
    My husband is not fat at all but he had a 'tummy' .
    When asked him to do any excercise, he would say that he is walking up and down the stairs and doesn't use the elevator in his office. He says that is itself enough for him and he has no time to do any excercise!
    But to our amazement his 'tummy' is going in!
    To me my daughter 'advised' me to go up and down the stairs, 3 times to the minimum, without any gap. She says that it will help me not to put on the weight, and I wouldn't get Type 2 diabetes. ( This advice is due to her Health lessons in school)

sriniketan

3. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello Sriniketan,
    I agree with you. We need not have to specify seperate time for excercise.
    For eg:
    1. Walk to T station instead of car / or park little distant so that you can walk for 5 mins.
    2. Use stairs where ever is possible.
    3. While sitting at office, you can do hands, legs, wrist stretchs.

There are many possible ways of doing exercise.

~Punitha

4. corallux

corallux Bronze IL'ite

It is like my hubby evertime someone asks him if he is a member of any Gym the answer come out truthfuly-yes.....how many times does he go to the gym? a very solemn answer 2-4 time a week....But hang on, does he work out?:notthatway:

No he drops me to the Gym & sits in the car snoring away:mad:

5. balamotwani

balamotwani Bronze IL'ite

HI Vidhya,

I just peeped in to say Hi. I luv to come to this thread again and again whenever i feel like laughing or when i am depressed.

Sorry again you are worried about your hubby's weight and his laziness when u ask him to do exercise and here i peep in to laugh. I enjoy the way you have written.:clap Even me and my hubby are equally like your hubby. So pls dont worry. I know it is real difficult to reduce.

Bala:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

6. sathya

sathya Gold IL'ite

hello vidya

the write up great
    tummy tummy in
    laughing....

vayiru ekku
    nuni kaalil nadakka
    varyuru pona idam
    theriyaamal pogumenru
    paattigalum sollivaithaargal
    hello konjam nuni kaalil
    enakkaga nadanthu viden...!

arisi choru thinnaamal
    gothumai keppai kambu
    unavu konja naatkal
    saapittaal kaanamal pogumam
    thonthi....
    hello please nee paavam
    ithai ellaam saappidu
    naan officil saappittukolgiren...!

padi eri erangi
    lift upayogikkaamal
    vanthaal ponal
    nee konjuvaaye
    en seekkiram varavillai enru
    un thamarai mugam
    pun sirippil malara
    itho vanthu vitten lift il....

innum konjam venuma ithuve pothuma...?

sathya

7. anandhipsg

anandhipsg New IL'ite

Hi All,

Here is my story. I got married since Nov 2004. At the time of marriage i was just 44!! underweight. (there one more interesting story about my underweight. With this underweight, out of interest, I went to a free Blood donation camp (to donate my blood!!!) near my house, but i didnt give due to the less weight :-(. The docs in that camp appreciated me for my interest, and they said they cant take blood from me).

My husband is around 6" height and a heafty body (infact he is obese). First assignment I took is to bring down his weight to normal one, atleast to bring down from obese.. do you know what happened on the contrary? Now I am 74!! in just 3 years..

I used to wonder for the reasons for this sudden weight increase with me.. Infact I dont used to have any fried items, have good control on junk foods, daily i used to take veg salads etc, but still i am not able to bring down my weight.

We both tried for morning walks many time, but they were not fruitful.. But now we both understand the difficulties of obese and we sincerely wishes to reduce our weight. We decided to go for morning walk..we did the morning walks for 3 days, but now rain has started and for the past 2 days we cant...

This is how my life going on...

8. balamotwani

balamotwani Bronze IL'ite

Hi Anandi,

It looks like i am hearing my own story. From 47 underweight to when i got married, i gained like anything and now i am 74. Joined health club went for 4 days and stopped due to change in climate. Same my hubby is also obese and now i joined his club. Dont worry whatever u eat or execrcise, the weight will never decrease. For me, some people say i look reduced but my weight is not moving an inch. I bought execrise machine and finally sold as i didnt use it effectively.

Bala

9. anandhipsg

anandhipsg New IL'ite

Hmmm... I really dont understand the reason for the increase Bala. I am trying to reduce my weight. You know my MIL is totally against this weight reduction practice of me and my hubby. That too we are yet to be blessed with baby. So she says no need to lose weight now, and so many thigns.. I spent more time with her explaining the reasons why we shd bring down the weight, now she is agreed to it..

Let me how it is going to proced...

By the way, where are you from Bala?

All,
    I am new to this site, but I have been a silent spectator of this forum for quite some time. Now only started posting messages..I hope you dont mind if there is any mistakes in my posting.. :)

10. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi all

this thread looks more and more interesting by the day...
    btw way welcome anandhi....
    Thought i and veda were one of a kind...now know that we are not alone..