1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Me and my bag of potatoes..

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by SupriyaDinesh, Oct 18, 2008.

1. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Supriya
    Let me share what I do with red potatoes.. actually this is the only way I cook red potatoes.
    I quarter each.. cut lengthwise then half so make one into 4 quarters
    prefer them to be small to medium size
    For 4 red potatoes, I take 1 spoon olive oil, 1 tsp oregano dried, 1tsp basil dried, 1 tsp chilli powder and mix them together
    In a bowl mix potatoes and this oil mixture
    Spread in a single layer in a oven proof pan. Heat oven to 350 degrees and keep this pan for approx 45 mins or so till browned well.
    Can also spray oil one more time at top. For more taste and crunch add little more oil.
    also add salt and pepper to taste!

2. SupriyaDinesh

SupriyaDinesh Silver IL'ite

Thank you for the potato recipe AC..

3. aishu22

aishu22 Gold IL'ite

Supriya...phew!!! a bag of potatoes...and celebrated potato Vaaram-well not exactly a vaaram.LOL :)I think you must try the option of putting them in fridge and use it few days after.
    Another interesting recipe to try with potatoes would be peanut sagu and madurai masal kizhangu(from chitvish collection).
    I can vouch for PS.Its just great!!

4. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

dear supriya,
    i enjoyed your blog on potato though i wondered ..only one potluck got cancelled how much did she buy...even i have that habit of buying (or sometimes even cooking a day before) everything in plenty and before hand...
    Mindi