1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

MBA on H4

Discussion in 'H4 Indian Ladies' started by neeraja0404, Jun 9, 2010.

1. neeraja0404

neeraja0404 New IL'ite

Hi All,

Just registered myself on IL 2day. I am currently on H4 in the USA. I had a flourishing career in India but after marriage H4 has taken away my right to work. :( Good to see a lot of fellow H4 ladies here.

Wanted to know if any of you are planning to pursue a MBA degree ( Full time / distance education ) here. Also, is it compulsory to write GMAT for the same. Are there any Universities which offer MBA courses WITHOUT GMAT? It would be of great help if someone gives me information on this.

Thanks in advance ! :)

2. neerrali

neerrali Senior IL'ite

hello neeraja

welcome to IL :) im also from the same situation that you are in. Well doing an MBA is a good choice if money is not the constraint. also there are a lot of universities who offer scholarships to good students from the second or third semester. But if you wish to do your MBA from a good and recognized university you will have to appear for the GMAT. there are colleges who offer MBA without GMAT but there are not recognized anywhere in the U.S and its not worth putting in your money for such a program then. Choice is yours:thumbsup
    I was also considering to do my MBA but considering the cost, I have decided to study for CPA and postpone the MBA to a later date. Good luck.

3. Vidya21

Vidya21 Senior IL'ite

You might want to post/move this to the Education-Personal Growth forum.

4. Buvana01

Buvana01 New IL'ite

Hi Neeraja,
    I am exactly in the same situation as yours. I got acceptance from certain universities 2 pursue my MBA. I will be starting by hopefully by july. I did lot of ground works for MBA. Regarding ur GMAT -- Lets say.....
    1) If u have 10 universities in your area u can know only 2-3 universities need GMAT for MBA.They r top universities . Remaining 7 universities don't need their GMAT for MBA means they r avg Universities
    2) If thats a top university then u need 2 pay atleast $50,000--$60000
    (app value) U will need atleast 5-6 mons 2 prepare for GMAT and also ur Grade avg should be more than 3.0 avg in 4.0 Scale .
    3) If thats a average university then u need 2 pay anywhere between
    $21,000-30,000. (app value)
    NO matter what U will be getting a good job after completing ur MBA in USA.Where ever u study no matter what u have 2 make sure u have 2 shine there. Make sure the university is ACCREDITED ............

ALL THE BEST .....
    I HOPE THIS HELPS......... Let me know if u have more questions

REGARDS,
    Buvana:thumbsup

5. neerrali

neerrali Senior IL'ite

Girls there are a lot of universities who do not require you to give the GMAt exam and even the cost of MBA is less. (A lot of them are community colleges).But be aware that 90% of them are not recognised here. You will definitely become an MBA but that will not be recognised. So think twice before investing your money, time and future in these universities. They are used mainly by students for getting the OPT, so that they can become eligible to work.