Mba in madras university 2010-2011

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by laamadhura, Sep 16, 2010.

1. laamadhura

laamadhura New IL'ite

Hai Friends,

Anyone doing MBA in Madras university now.Attending the PCP classes?
    If so please join me here. We can do the preparation together.

Regards,
    Madhu.

2. TrilokRajesh

TrilokRajesh New IL'ite

Hello Madhu -

Happy to connect with you online. My name is Trilok Rajesh, I have enrolled for MBA 2010 - 2011 batch MBA - Operations Mgmt. I am looking forward to being in touch with you so that we can help each other with any PCP Contact Classes / exam related information.

I am not sure when the 1st year contact classes are going to start, would really appreciate if you could let me know, incase you are aware of the dates. I tried calling the University, no one picks up the phone.

I live in Canada with my family (wife and 4 yrs old son).

Regards \ Trilok

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2011
  3. revathi128

revathi128 New IL'ite

Hello Sir,
    'm also staying in Canada and would like to join online M.B.A...r u doi' it online r if not how do u pursue it frm Canada?Bcus usually one needs to attend contact seminars if one has 2 do it in correspondence.Do u write ur exams gng to India r do u do it frm here?Pls. dolet me knw the procedure.Thnks.

4. TrilokRajesh

TrilokRajesh New IL'ite

Hi there -

Unfortunately, Madras university, IDE does not offer online MBAs. I will be travelling down to chennai for my contact classes and exams.

Have you already enrolled for the MBA or are planning to enroll?

Regards \ Trilok

5. revathi128

revathi128 New IL'ite

Hi.Thnks for the immediate reply...'m planning to join online M.B.A where everything can be done online.I've one suggestion for u....y don't u tke online M.B.a where everything done only online like the one they offer in Symbiosis...is it possible for u flying frm Canada to Chennai all the time....Rgds,Revathi.

6. TrilokRajesh

TrilokRajesh New IL'ite

Hi Revathi -

I did some homework before deciding on the Madras University. I checked with universities in the US and Canada. I also got through with York University and Queens University for their Executive MBA programs, but the fee is more than 90k CAD. Then I compared it with the MBA programs in India....Except for Madras University all other universities i checked had an entrance or GMAT/GRE for MBA admission even for distance learning. MBA from Madras University has good rating.

I do understand travelling twice a year for the contact classes and exams will be expensive, but it is comparatively less than doing an MBA in Canada. I anyway have 3 weeks vacation per year, so it is just a matter of time management and people management :)

FYI, Symbiosis does not offer a degree through online learning, they offer PGDBA diploma that is equivalent to an MBA.

Good luck!

Regards \ Trilok