MBA for working people in IT

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by vijaysys, Mar 28, 2010.

1. vijaysys

vijaysys New IL'ite

Dear Friends
    Hope all are doing good, I'm vijayaRani 31yrs working in a IT organization around 8 years, my worry is, just i have B.Sc computer science degree only.

Now,I realized the power of education and MBA.. even though, my current job feeds me well, I would like to start a 2 year MBA through distance education... Need your suggestions, which is the best university to MBA which is quite acceptable across every where, since all employer wont agree for distance/correspondence education....

Do let me know which is the university i can try to go for MBA, through distance as I couln't leave my job and start for full time course

Thanks

2. SujathaR

SujathaR Gold IL'ite

Hi Sister,

Me too working in I.T.. I am having B.Tech in I.T and MBA in Finance.

I did it from Anna univ through part time..

I would suggest you to to thru IGNOU or via Symbiosis.

In these two IGNOU is of good standard.. but note that u need to write lot of assignments.

Please let me know if you need any other help. If possible I will help u.

3. vijaysys

vijaysys New IL'ite

I'm really thanking you for the quick reply, Sujatha.

Just would like to know, how about MKU or Bharadhidasan Universities courses... would they difficult to pass,, :)

Best regards....

4. mithy232

mithy232 Silver IL'ite

Vijaysys,

I go with SujathaR. Symbiosis MBA is good. Many IT professionals do MBA in this university. Check whether your organisation has tie-up with any universities offering higher education which will be convenient for you to take up.

5. SujathaR

SujathaR Gold IL'ite

I personally feel that those univ(MKU and bharathidasan) are not with good standard.

Most I.T companies have tie-up with symbiosys for their employees. But make sure to check out if there are any hidden conditions behind that :)

Thanks,
    Sujatha

6. rosegirl

rosegirl Bronze IL'ite

I feel Anna University and Madras University are old and reputed universities. They have a well established Long distance MBA program. Check out the curriculum in their websites.

7. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

How about ICFAI?? distance program is available in this too

Also IIM calcutta 1 yr program on PGDBA.....it costs around 4 or 5 laks but really worth doing it...this also has distance program. GMAT is a must for this.

8. rena2010

rena2010 Senior IL'ite

Hey go with Symbiosis. Generally distance education in MBA doesn't have much of value but still if you get it through Symbiosis or IGNOU, surely it adds credit to you. I am going to pursue MBA through Symbiosis. Admission starts from April third week.

Symbiosis Centre for Distance Learning (SCDL) helps you for that. You visit the site scdl to get all information. You need not have attendance which other institutes expects you to have and you will have 2 exams namely mid sem and sem. Both are online exams and you can attend mid-sem exam from your home itself. It will be quite useful for people who are working and can't spend time for classes :) ALL THE BEST :thumbsup

Last edited: Apr 2, 2010