MBA correspondence course

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by shravanthika, Jan 22, 2008.

1. shravanthika

shravanthika Senior IL'ite

Can anyone give out recommendations for MBA ..correspondence course...in India.?

2. padija

padija Senior IL'ite

hi shravantika

i live in US and i recently enrolled for MBA at Bharatiyar University in coimbatore, tamilnadu. i did a lot of research before joining Bharatiya university. i spoke to them before joining, they said it's not neccessary to attend the contact classes, so it suited me well. you can check out their website for more details. just search bharatiya university in google.

hope this helps. let me know.

-girija-

3. shravanthika

Hi Girija,
    Thanx for the info...But how abt the exams?Hope u need to go to India once in a year...for 2 yrs to write u r exams...

4. padija

padija Senior IL'ite

yes we have to go to india to write the exams, if you don't want to go each year may be you can go in the second year and write all the exams at the same time. but i think i wud be really difficult. with all the work load,

5. shravanthika

Girija,
    That sounds like a nice idea...writing all the papers at the same time...so how much is it costing you for 2 yrs...all inclusive?

If u dont mind..how did you end up choosing bharathiyar university...how are u getting your study materials...is it being sent to US address?
    Whats your specialization?...marketing or finance or.........?

6. padija

padija Senior IL'ite

hi shravanthika,

when i started thinking doing MBA, my first choice was alagapa university, cos my friend's sister who's in bangkok was doing a course there. but my husband said that bharathiar university wud be good, since he is from coimbatore and he is also an MBA from the same. so i went thru their site and spoke to the Registar of distance education and told him abt the detatils, he said that wouldn't be a problem and its not a must to attend classes. i downloaded the application filled it and sent all the documents to my father-in-law in coimbatore, he took care of everything.

it cost me around 9,000 Rs for the first year, abt the course materials, we have to get it in person at the study center, they have study centers all over india, so whichever place wud be good for you , u can go for that. if you pay 250 Rs more they can give you cd(course materials). it wud easy for someone to seend it for you here.

abt my MBA programme. i took MBA general, they have both marketing and finance, may be in the second year they have an option to select either systema or HR i guess, i didn't choose that yet.

hope this wud help, if you have more questions please do ask, i will be glad to answer.

7. shravanthika

wow Girija....that was a gr8 deal of info...more than I expected and so I guess u are in the 1st yr...so how hard are the lessons...is it easy enough to study by u r self...so the amt u have mentioned is for the 1st yr...right?

sounds interesting...my interst really grows...though I have other options like software QA...

Thanx a lot..I'll bug you if I need more info...

Again I really appreciate your time and interest in replying all my posts......

8. padija

padija Senior IL'ite

hi shrvanthika,

yes iam in lst year, i haven't yet got my materials yet, but since my husband is an MBA too, he took me to the library here and got me a similar book, i went thru that, it was quite ok to study on our own, since iam a B.Com its was quite easy for me to understand.

9. vaidehi

vaidehi Silver IL'ite

Hi girija,

I was also looking out for some options for Enrolling myself For an MBA Course. Have you got your study Materials? how are you finding the Subjects to be. I am also a B.Com Graduate . Why did u prefer to Enroll urself for a MBA Course in India... i mean i know U need 4+ yrs of college education for enrolling urself for an MBA course here.... Apart from that can u just help me out with ur decision.

It would be quite helpful for me , since i am very confused abt it right now.

Cheers
    vaidehi

10. padija

padija Senior IL'ite

hi vaidehi,
    yes i got the study materials, me in the sense, my FIL back home had got it, he told me that they have given in the form of cd too, he has already sent me the cd thru someone, but iam yet to get it. but before enrolling , i checked out the syllabus, and quite satisfied with the topics, as i have already mentioned, my DH is an MBA too, more over we can get lots of book here in the library, i am not saying its easy, its gonna be tough real tough for me but i always wanted too MBA so.......

the reason i preferred doing it in india is, first and foremost is cost and the next is flexibilty. i thought i wud be easy like arrears Big Laugh. hope i answered some of your questions, if you need anything else, please post i will be happy to help, meanwhile let me post the syllabus in my next post.

being a b.com it wud be really good if you do MBA. All the Best.