May 2016 Due Date Club

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by Deepika89, Sep 11, 2015.

1. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Protein rich foods generally help in increasing baby weight. Eat any of these Dals, chenna, ground nut, protein powders/drinks & so on. Check out for protein rich foods. It should help you & your LO! Take care.

2. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Protein rich foods generally help in increasing baby weight. Eat any of these Dals, chenna, ground nut, protein powders/drinks & so on. Check out for protein rich foods. It should help you & your LO! Take care.

3. jaden

jaden Gold IL'ite

Hi Labbu,
    Dont worry ,i too am sailing in the same boat.Had my growth scan and the babys a week behind in terms of growth.Also my fluid is borderline at 8.1,the doc has prescribed arg9 sachets to increase the fluid.I guess it is common to be behind on growth by a week or two.What we can do is eat healthy.I am trying to increase my water intake by 5 litres daily,its a pain seriously.I too have doctors appointment in the next two weeks hope the baby's growth is on track by then.
    I too was shaken up on the day i was told this,but then i spoke to few of my friends and many have gone through the same.Till then take good care of yourself.

4. labbu

labbu Silver IL'ite

Thanks All.. Yes.. I have started to have 1 portion of Channa or Rajma daily.. Also 2 or 3 almonds / fig etc.

Jaden, u also keep cool.. drink water and fluids..if drinking water is difficult, even Coconut water, mosambi etc will help you to a bit in adding my the fluid content.. may be most of the fluids you can have in form of water..if you are too bored, you can still compensate with the other alternatives with low sugars!

Even for me, keeping the water intake level to 3 ltrs is a big task.. may be a month to month n half more..although my EDD is just May end, i think mine might be little earlier as my first was a C Section. when is your EDD?

5. Maggilg

Maggilg Senior IL'ite

Hello Ladies,

How are you all doing ??

Jaden and Labbu - I thnk is normal for baby to be +/- 1 or 2 weeks. During my 32 weeks fundal measurement I was measuring only 29. Here they dont do any more scans after 20 week scan unless they are concerned. So I'm hoping the water level and baby and measuring okay. I sometimes think sometimes baby weight is just genetics.:smile:

Labbu - Try to have walnuts along with other nuts as I read somewhere it's good for the baby. Hope your headaches subsided now. If not inform to your doctor.

Jaden - Hope your ear infection and viral reduced completely. Glad to hear your glucose levels are under control now. Next time if the baby is having a lazy sleepy day try to drink ice cooled water or juice and lay down and get to a position you normally feel the baby the sudden change in temperature will make baby move. Some say to have something sugery or try rubbing the bump gently which will also make them move. Lay down for an hour and If baby wont move after trying this call doctor.

AFM - I sleepng more in morning so was bit lazy to login to the forum :) Have got a nice bump. Recently noticed change in baby moving pattern less of kicks and more of pushing and rolling and cute little hiccups but baby will have a couple of quiter days in a week and make me panic and moody. Sometimes I wonder whether i'm worrying unnecessarily or whether I'm doing wrong not bothering it to get checked ????:thinking:

6. jaden

jaden Gold IL'ite

Hi friends,
    Maggilg, welcome back here were you all these days???Have you had an another growth scan??Hope everything goes perfect.As of me i am drinking tons of water daily.The climate is horrible in bangalore ,its almost 38 degrees.So difficult to even take a walk,i keep on sweating the entire day.
    Have you guys started baby shopping.I bought a crib and few essential stuff for the baby.Its fun to go online and do baby shopping :).Loads of stuff and its confusing as so many varieties are available.Hows it going for you guys??

7. Maggilg

Maggilg Senior IL'ite

Hello Jaden,
    Take proper care to avoid dehydation. Drink lots and lots of water as I read it will help maintain aminotic fluid and if possible salted thin consistency lasi with few drops of lemon and if sugar under control then tender coconut juice? I'm still waiting for proper summer in here. today also it is cloudy and rainy.
    It a lovely feeling shopping for little one :) isn't it ?? we have bought pram and 1-2 set of baby grow dress. Have to pack my hospital bag by 36 weeks so this week will be a busy weekend and i'm very much looking forward to it :) and yes it very confusing on what to buy what not to buy starting everything :) like baby towels, mattress ,pram,dress,diapers...... I can bet its even more confusing for you as you can find lot more varities in lo dresses than in here. Here its Pink for girl and blue for boys and white if u don't know baby's sex. occasionay we find dresses with colors like red and yellow.that's it.
    I don't have growth scan as my midwife said + or- 2 weeks is common,but planning to go for private scan after my 35 week appointment. When is your next scan ?? did u have 3d or 4d scan ???

8. jaden

jaden Gold IL'ite

Hey Maggie,

The climate here is getting worse.I am gulping water like 4-5 litres,and because of this i dont even feel hungry.Somehow i force myself to eat little bit every now and then.I have included a lot of fish and nuts in my diet.Hopefully the baby puts on weight,after all baby's mom was always chubby :).I think the growth scan i had was a 3d,however the radiologist didnt spend much time,hardly like 10 mins.How much time did you get with your scan?

9. jaden

jaden Gold IL'ite

Hey ,regarding baby stuff i bought lots of thin cotton wear as it will be peak summer when the baby arrives.However Bangalore has unseasonal rains too in between ,so now i am wondering whether i need to buy warmer clothes like full rompers.July is the rainy season so i better stock up on these.I have picked up stuff in both pink and blue.I do wonder how i can make the baby wear pink if its a boy lol.My hubby says it doesnt matter,not like babyboy will develop some complex because he's dressed in pink.:tongueclosed:.Baby girls still look cute in blue.

10. meVaidehi

meVaidehi Platinum IL'ite

Hello mommies, How are you all doing?
    Here in Pune too its very very hot. On top of that i'm so fat this time around already at 75 kg. Its so difficult to move. Sometimes the previous c section stitches burn a little while changing sides while sleeping. I have a huge bump. With my son it was not this big. In fact untill 7th month anybody could hardly recognize i'm pregnant. But this time i'm like those movie preggers with big round bump.

I met 3 different doctors in first few months. All said the same thing. With first c section, the chances of normal delivery second time around are about 20%. It carries the risk of the previous stitches being torn during labour which might cause internal bleeding and is risky for baby and mother. In case of bleeding they have to administer general anesthesia and do an emergency c section. I had a long 16 hour labour last time and still ended up having c section. Which was not that bad. I healed quite quick and nice. No side effects so far. So thought its okay to go for a planned c section than go through the same cycle all over again. At least we get to decide the date and prepare accordingly. So decided on 1st May unless pain starts before that. My EDD as per LMP is 2nd and as per scan is 10th.
    Eat healthy stay happy. Lots of love to the LOs
    Take care,

Vaidehi