May 2013 Moms-to-be :-)

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by Sanguineme, Aug 28, 2012.

1. LavanyaRaman

LavanyaRaman Senior IL'ite

hello frnds,

hope all r doin fine...
    am 27w1d today...feeling lotsssa movements...heavy kicks and also LO turns its head a lot...sometimes i feel really uncomfortable when it turns its head...but still enjoying everything...because it kics a lot wen i rest, its very active at night and am unable to sleep...I feel very tired but sleeping position also is not comfortable :)

I am having my next scan in 1week...fingers crossed...also blood sugar test is scheduled for next week...hopefully my sugar shud be under control...

-Lav

2. NandhuKish

NandhuKish Bronze IL'ite

hi Babyblues!!

How are you? i am feeling my LO kicks occassionally...no regular pattern and all..but the kicks are more stronger now a days!! got my GTT results... have to follow diet.. sugar is litl high...have to be in control in diet.. but i ove to eat cakes daily.. trying to control...even i din buy any thing for litl one.. mom says not to buy anything before the baby is born... so simply doin window shopping whenever i get time.. feeling more drowsy now a days..also haveing back pain..tail bone pains a lot at night.. unable to sleep comfortably.. stretch marks are more!! TC of u

hi may2013 moms.. how are u all?

Regards,
    Nandhu

3. NandhuKish

NandhuKish Bronze IL'ite

Hi Lav,

Don worry.. ur results will b normal.. even im feeling uncomfortable sleeping..but i feel more sleepy now a days

4. babyblues2013

babyblues2013 Senior IL'ite

Hi Nandu,
    Sugar being high is quiet normal during this period, so dont worry. I have tried drinking butter milk which tends to reduce glucose, it works well for me. I'm a bit high on the spicy side, so I add lot of crushed ginger, greenchillies and curryleaves, to enhance the taste as well. You can try this, it might work, will also help keep up hydration.

Feeling lot tired nowadays, also not feeling comfortable sleeping, turn around a lot!
    I have doctor's visit in 2 weeks, looking forward.

My mom amd mil also said not to buy stuff now for LO, but here we cannot do without it. We are planning to buy basic stuff like car seat to bring LO from hospital, some clothes and crib for now.

How much weight have you gained over the period?

Take care all Moms to be!!!

5. kansun

kansun Senior IL'ite

Hi,

I am from June due date club, i have been under strict diet from week 14, i was diagnosed for GD during 14th week. so far i have controlled it through diet, lets see how far it goes.

Babyblues,

do they take scan every 4 weeks. i have been advised and asked to take US scan every visit. i am feeling stressed because of this.

6. NandhuKish

NandhuKish Bronze IL'ite

hi Babyblues!!

Gud day.. I will try to have butter milk daily.. for past 3 to 4 days i don feel hungry.. im eating just for sake of LO.. also i have severe heartburn throught the day.. im unable to eat spicy foods but i love to.. i called my doc and asked abt my not feeling hungry sensation. she says this is quite normal.. mom asks me to have oomam powder diluted in water and to drink.. im trying it from yesterday.. felling quite better.. TC of you:)

7. NandhuKish

NandhuKish Bronze IL'ite

I have gained 10 kgs as of now.. doctor din tell anything on my weight gain.. i asked her whether im normal or ovrweight... she told not to bother on this weight gain for now..

8. babyblues2013

Hi Kansun,
    Welcome to the May Club!! Are you checking your blood sugar level regularly?Good luck with your diet.
    It might shoot up in 23-24 weeks, but dont worry, just monitor it regularly.

I had a detailed scan in week 20 and when I went for week 24 visit, I was hoping they would do the scan again, but my doc told me they'll do it only in next visit, i,e, week 28 visit, which is in March first week, because everything looks normal and the heart beat was fine.But I guess after Week 28 they'll schedule for every 2nd week and i'm not sure they'll scan everytime!!
    Dont stress yourself because of this, as far everything goes well, you should be ok.
    I think it's a regular thing here to do scan in every visit, I've heard so from my friends here too.

Did you go for any prenatal classes?
    Take care and be happy!!

1 person likes this.
  9. babyblues2013

Hi Nandhu,
    Good day to you too..Somedays I also dont feel that hungry, just force food down my throat :), it used to be worse in first trim, but nowadays very seldom. good that you gained that much weight!! I gained hardly 3-4 kg, but my doc says not to woryy abt it now. do you follow any diet now? if so what do you include?
    I dont have a strict diet now, eat fruits and veggies regularly, that's it!!

10. kansun

kansun Senior IL'ite

Thanks a lot babyblues, when did you find about your GD, i am yet to start prenatal classes. i do check blood sugar level 4 times per day, what about you. Dr has suggested to keep sugar levels between 95-140. fasting sugar level should be less than 95 and after 1 hr meal should be under 140.