Maternity Experience at Dubai Hospital

Discussion in 'Personal Services in Dubai' started by priyanka, Apr 13, 2008.

1. priyanka

priyanka Junior IL'ite

Hi All,

Has any one had a personal experience at Dubai Hospital?I am 13 weeks Pregnant and have to Register at Dubai Hospital.Why many Ladies try to shift from Dubai hospital to Al Wasl?Are there any Indian Doctors in Dubai Hospital?

Thanks
    Priyanka

2. Ushakrishnan64

Ushakrishnan64 Silver IL'ite

Dear Priyanka,
    Fisrt of all, hearty congratulations on your way to motherhood. I think the registration to Dubai hospital or Al Wasl hospital depends on the place you reside.
    For example, I live in Karama and I registered at Al Wasl Hospital (13 years back!!) So far, I have not come heard any complaints about Dubai hospital. Many years ago my friend delivered at Dubai Hospital.
    For your info, Al Rafa has started a Maternity Clinic near Al Mankhool Road. There will definitely be Indian doctors here. Do you want to check it out?
    Good Luck & take care.

Regards
    USHA

3. sowminivibu

sowminivibu Silver IL'ite

hi priyanka

congrats on ur pregnancy..to what i knw there is a doc by name janaki in al wasl hospital and my friend told me shes very good..its probably for the doc tht ppl choose al wasl to dubai hospital..

lov
    sowmi

4. Huma

Huma Silver IL'ite

hi Priyanka

congrats on your pregnancy....hope everything is going smootly.

take care

5. kalcy

kalcy New IL'ite

Hi, me is in Dubai..I had both my kids here in 2003 & 2005 ..that time in al baraha hospital (Kuwaiti Hospital). That time the whole thing was totally free by the govt of Dubai, but the care was very good.

The care during labour and delivery and alo neo natal care was good. Food provided was too good... so I am sure Dubai Hospital would be much much better..as it is supposed to be more sophisticated.

Anyhows dont worry too much about it.. when the time arrives all will fall into place. Right now enjoy your pregnancy.

6. Preethi Patnaik

Preethi Patnaik New IL'ite

Dear Priyanka

Congratulations and welcome to a lovely experience of motherhood. The Al Rafa hospital on Mankhool road is very good, my friend took their package and was very happy. The prices are very good plus you build a relationship with the doc that is going to do your delivery. The docs are very warm and make you very comfortable. I was admitted there two years back and i was quite comfortable. Check them out. The number is 04-3988799.

best wishes

preethi

7. Poonam_rr

Poonam_rr Senior IL'ite

Hi Priyanka,
    congrats ...
    Even Im pregnant it's my 9th month,I have no idea about dubai hospital...but regarding AL wasl Hospital I have heard hospital is good but you do not get appointment easily also you dont get same doctor everytime.I am counsulting with AL Rafa hospital which is on mankhool road..as preeti said its really a good hospital..& doctors & sisters are very helpful there..doctors are quite friendly..& do not suggest any unneccessary test or USG.Their package starts from 1900dhs & delivery charges for normal is 3000/-C section 6000/-.
    Hope this information will be useful for you...

Regards

8. priyanka

priyanka Junior IL'ite

Thank you all...
    I have registered with the Dubai Hospital.
    Hoping for the best.
    Priyanka

9. Sylviaram

Sylviaram Bronze IL'ite

Hey Poonam,

I live in the building opposite to Al Rafa maternity clinic.. Please let me know when you will be coming here next time for a doctor's appointment, we will try and meet.

My prayer's for your safe delivery!

Cheers!
    Sylvia

10. nabiha

nabiha New IL'ite

Dear Poonam,

Please donot goto Al Wasl Hospital, as I had a bad experience. There was a lot of bad experiences I had in terms of doctors, nurses and wards, and worst of all the they risked my babys life. He had a heart conginetal defect, which was not detected by the Hospital, and the baby started losing weight, it is then we found out the problem. We rushed him to Zurich, for the surgery, Al hamdullilah he is safe now. But Please donot deliver in Dubai especially not in Al Wasl. Its more a political hub, rather than a hospital

Regards,

Nabiha.