1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Material things can make you happy temporarily,emotional things for lifetime

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Aug 7, 2015.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

[h=1]Happiness is not about collecting material things or beautiful memories. It's about having a deep feeling of contentment and knowing that life is a blessing.[/h]

Life goes smooth for sometime and then some problem . I have been so used to whatsapp and taking photos and enjoy the other features in my new mobile but today I dont know what happened its not working. I am feeling lost without it. I know you should not be attached to anything and live accordingly. For me my past time in my free time is laptop and my mobile. Laptop to be on line and learn so many things andkeep in contact with on line friends and mobile to be in touch with my chidlren through whatsapp. I can put the sim card to another mobile but that does not have all the features.

My mobile was ok in the morning when I had started music and heard the divine songs. I did not remember that the charge was less , then when I put it on it was blank. Then only I remember the charge was not there. So I kept for charging but because there was no charge at all it started from beginning but it was not getting charged at all. After three hours also the usual screen did not come. Then I enquired with my son through fb and he phoned. He told me you show the mobile in the shop. Then later my daughter had called and told her . As she had given that mobile to me as gift , she told me you send the mobile to me, she is in Dubai, at present in Kerala . I was very disappointed as I wont be able to make any call , my sister usually phones or I phone and will miss her call. Also cant be in touch with my other daughter through whatsapp as she is abroad. I stopped charging and thought will show the mobile in the shop and change the sim card to anothe rmobile but disappointed that the other mobile wont have any features.

What a surprise, God did not want me to be disappointed I think as later in the afternoon when I again kept for charging and started the mobile it was charged full and I could use it. Phoned my sister and she was asking where were you why you did not pick up the phone. I told her the problem , whenever we speak sometimes it gets cut off, so she was saying I think this phone is not ok. I told her whenever we speak only this problem, so nothing wrong with the phone. I was so happy that my phone is ok now.

I got the below message from Google

I once heard someone say that Positive thinking is imperative if you want to succeed in life. “The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible and achieves the impossible” is an anonymous quote. Mount Everest is standing there for centuries but only those who had the positive thinking of scaling the peak achieved it. Likewise, all things lie unachieved before us; it only needs a positive thinking to out our efforts. Any action taken without positive thinking cannot be completed successfully. Positive thinking is the first step towards your goal. The action should follow then. This will definitely make a difference in your approach to the hurdles that come in the way. Even for a person who is in low spirits, he can be immensely benefited only if he develops a positive thinking with the firm belief that he can do it..

2 people like this.

2. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Dear viji,
    All electronic gadjets have this problem.Sometimes they work,may not work, suddenly restores normalcy.Sometimes I feel like going back to pot card era.With whatsapp
    children have the tendency to scribble something.Heart to heart conversation is getting reduced.with their own tight schedule we cannot expect children to talk to us for a long time.Whatsapp is a boon at crisis.

Jayasala 42

1 person likes this.
  3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Thank you Jayakka dear for bringing a smile on my face with your first fb. True that electronic gadjets give problems sometimes. When you become used to something it is difficult to be without it.Since children are abroad it is easy to keep in touch with them through whatsapp.

4. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

What a nice message to start the day with! :) Thanks Vijima for sharing with us... :)

1 person likes this.
  5. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Vijiakka,

Sometimes the charger chord may not have been in place to charge the phone and when you did it last time, you might have done it correctly. I don't think there is anything wrong with the phone.

Your quote is excellent.

Viswa

1 person likes this.
  6. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viji,
    I don't use smartphone. My DH has got an android and I rarely use it. My children don't use whatsapp. They will talk to me thro phone only. If I ask them to come on skype to have a video chat then they will come.

These electronic gadgets can go haywire anytime if we mishandle or by chance our finger goes on the wrong key on the touchscreen.

Glad that you got your phone charged and relieved of your pressure.

PS

2 people like this.
  7. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

You are welcome @kaniths dear, glad you liked the message

8. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

@Viswamitra, Viswa dear my daughter was also saying you must not have fixed the charger properly, I tried and when the usual screen was not coming, go disappointed and after charging for 4 hrs or so disconnected. Then later I was so happy that it was ok

9. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

@PushpavalliSrinivasan, dear Pushpa Mami glad to know you have video chat through Skype . You are right Mami we have to use it carefully and know everything about it
    Ya I was happy that my phone got charged and relieved my pressure

10. VaniVyas

VaniVyas Platinum IL'ite

@iyerviji mami,

Good that your phone is working.

I don't like smart phones especially because my family members are so hooked to these phones that even face to face conversations have become face to face down conservations.
    Most of time I feel I am talking to a nearby wall or something. They actually don't seem to listen at all even they are with these phones and it irritates me to the core. My sister often has her hands in the keypad tying wile doing kitchen works, talking with others, putting her baby to sleep etc.
    I believe if there is something important it is better to call the person and inform so that they can do the needful soon. Wat is the point in messaging and then waiting for reply and wasting time???
    But for long distance relationship these do serve as a boon owing to the costs of international phone calls and messages.

1 person likes this.