1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

matching blouse for a self designed silkpavadai

Discussion in 'Clothing & Apparels' started by harinikanthi, Jul 13, 2012.

1. harinikanthi

harinikanthi Silver IL'ite

hi i got a peacock blue silk pavadai for my 15 yr old daughter. she wants to wear half saree for that. its a self designed one.what colour do i have to choose?? for blouse and half saree whether creamcolour based golden blouse and blue halfsaree or blue blouse and golden colour half saree. please give me an idea.

2. sangiak

sangiak Bronze IL'ite

Hi harini,
    blue blouse and golden colour half saree will be the best match I think. Try this combo for ur daughter.

2 people like this.
  3. ILoveTulips

ILoveTulips IL Hall of Fame

I was so excited to see this thread.. :)

There are 4 styles of color combination we can think here.

1. Pavadai & Blouse same color ; Saree contrasting color [pavadais border color]
    2. Pavadai & Saree same color; Blouse contrasting color [pavadais border color]

I always find the above two are old models. This works well only if the Pavadai is polyester one, I mean with no much works. If its Silk, having a contrast half saree dulls the Pavadai and its works. If your skirt has good embroidery/chamikki works, it has to be highlighted. Contrast saree will not work here. Again, if you have good embroideries on the blouse hand, having contrast saree will overshade the blouse design.

3. Blouse & Saree same color that of Pavadais border color.

This one works good if the half saree color don't overpower the pavadai's color too much. I mean for dark green pavadai, light green blouse and halfsaree would be good. But still this is not tried much, so you have to think about it.

4. All 3 are of same color. Border alone will be different [or with Jari]. In this dressing the border will be highlighted a lot. We can get thin silk Jari and attach to the saree. Modern halfsaree sets follow this pattern. For current generation girls I would recommend this pattern a lot. It looks very good. And the designs, works on all the 3 parts will come out very well..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Happy Shopping!! :)

2 people like this.
  4. Flyhighbluesky

Flyhighbluesky Silver IL'ite

Get saree of a contrast color say maroon, deep purple or I'd love to try parrot green and keep some mateiral of it for the blouse sleeves as well, you could try puffed sleeves! for rest of the blouse choose the same color as the pavadai...

5. Hachiko

Hachiko Gold IL'ite

Hi..I like ILoveTulips idea,especially the 4th one.All same colour,with border alone different.ILove Tulip,great idea yaar:thumbsup

1 person likes this.
  6. harinikanthi

thank u very much beautiful ideas i love it all

7. harinikanthi

hi Ilt i love ur ideas. photos are great. thannnnnnnnnnnnnk uuuuuuuuuuuuuu very much

1 person likes this.