1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Massachusetts Ladies - Introduce yourselves here

Discussion in 'Indians in Massachusetts' started by hydgrr, Jan 8, 2008.

1. srpoonam

srpoonam Junior IL'ite

Hi,

I am Poornima. I have a 4 month old child. I just graduated from MS in Chemical Engineering and now looking for job.I am moving to Boston in November as my husband got postdoc at MIT. I wanted to know the if you could get apartments at $1000 around the university area (1 BHK). Also I wanted to know is anyone here (or spouse) is working as a chemical engineer. Is it easy to find job in Boston for Chemical engineers.

Advance thanks for all help.

2. SanPrasad

SanPrasad New IL'ite

Hi Sri

Sorry for the late reply.. busy in searching gyn. and school for my son... i am going to Mass general west in waltham.. where are u going for ur reg check ups...I am also staying in kimball court woburn.. if possible we will meet soon...

Sangeetha...........

3. DivyaKGCP

DivyaKGCP Senior IL'ite

Hi everyone..
    We moved from CA to MA just 2 days back..
    There was a sudden requirement in a project for my hubby here, with just one weeks notice we had to move.. We are in Woburn in a temporary accommodation.. Yet to look for an apartment.. We have a 3 yr old daughter.. she was going to montessori n have to find a school for her here too.. We are planning to look for apartment in Quincy.. Also am pregnant with my 2nd kid.. Yet to find a doctor... Hope to make some good friends here.. :)

4. ssoujanya

ssoujanya New IL'ite

Hello Friends,
    My Name is Soujanya. I stay and work in Marlborough, I was here since 2007. Before I was at NYC did my masters there. Like to make new friends. I am really very happy that I found this website and esp this forum.
    Take care,
    Soujanya.:wave

5. geethaa

geethaa New IL'ite

Hi Ladies,
    I am from chelmsford. Is there anybody from this area or nearby?

6. Platy01

Platy01 New IL'ite

Hey All...

Am Kiran..and i stay in Malden MA..its been 4 months that am here on H4..joined Zym..readings books..watching movies..finally cooking.

Its good to see many people around MA...:cheers

7. charukesi

charukesi New IL'ite

I am Saraswathi from Boston. I moved here from Ohio.
    Though I joined in Indusladies a few years back I introduce myself here.
    Happily living with my husband and son's family. Enjoying the company of my two grandkids.
    Nice to be in Indusladies.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2011
  8. happymind

happymind New IL'ite

Hi ladies

We will be moving from Ohio to Boston by this month end..really anxious abt the move..I have a 4 yrs old..can u pls suggest me good suburbs around Boston,with good school districts and good indian community..
    How is the cost of living in boston and what would be the excpected rent..Thanks ..

9. shikha1

shikha1 New IL'ite

Hi this is Sonam..... me and my husband with my 9 month old are moving to Boston from Texas at the end of april......my husband will be working in downtown (Back bay area)... we are looking for apartment with some desi community and near a T- station ..help me finding appartment...

Thanks
    Sonam

10. ramya978

ramya978 New IL'ite

Hi everyone...
    im in boston area for the past few months... joined this forum to get to know more about things to do here.. as im at home not working or anything...
    my day is filled with things like cooking,cleaning, watching tv and browsing...
    so really want to do something interesting....