1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Massachusetts Ladies - Introduce yourselves here

Discussion in 'Indians in Massachusetts' started by hydgrr, Jan 8, 2008.

1. SanPrasad

SanPrasad New IL'ite

Hai friends

My name is Sangeetha... I moved from San antonio, Tx to NJ... then after a month my DH got relocated to MA.. we moved here 2 days back...
    I am in 30th week with my 2nd kid.... friends help me to find out OB/Gyn
    male or female... anybody is fine for me... i am in needed help...
    I am also looking for a apt in the place woburn and nearby... which is good apt with immd move in.... we are looking for 2 BD apt.... try to help me ouut...

Cheers
    Sangeetha.........

2. eternalindia

eternalindia Junior IL'ite

Hi
    My name is Soumya. I'm happy to find this forum :) I live near Boston suburbs but commute to Cambridge for work. Thinking I may someday move here also, though I hear it can get expensive. I work near the Kendall/MIT/Central square area doing research in science field. Been living in Mass almost all my life, and I am looking to make new friends who reside or are around the Kendall/Central area whom I can meet easily, it can be anyone who has recently come from India or has been here for a while too :)

Nice to meet all of you

3. nithyasriram

nithyasriram New IL'ite

Hello friends
    I'm Nithya and I live in Lowell, MA. Very happy to have found this community. I'm a dentist and I practiced for a couple of years in India before moving here in 2007. Now I'm doing my masters in health informatics and management in UMass Lowell. Looking forward to making new friends around here.

4. sridas

sridas New IL'ite

Hello Everyone...We moved to Woburn (Kimball court) 3 days back...looking to meet people and make some friends.

Sangeetha, I'm also in the same boat as you are...did you find an Ob/gyn???

-Sri

5. aparna010

aparna010 New IL'ite

Hello Nithya, Sowmya,

Welcome to the forum!

@Sowmya,
    I live in the suburbs too.. North of boston. I think its convenient to live in the suburbs than in the city. And Yeah Boston / Cambridge is expensive , but Cambridge is definitely a nice place to live!

@Nitya,
    Hows your studies going? Where are you from in India? Fall semester would start soon right?

@ Sri:
    How do you find the new place/apartment? Have you settled in?

Lets keep the threads going!

Aparna

6. Rosly

Rosly New IL'ite

Hey all,

I am Roshni. Been married for a year now. Staying in Malden. For now, a home maker. Will be joining college this fall for my masters. Classes start in Sept and really excited about it. Didn't know that this site existed. I wasted one whole year sitting at home, doing nothing. It was traumatic all the while. It's sad that I never really knew about Indus ladies then. But better late than never!!! Glad to meet you guys at least now :)

7. nithyasriram

nithyasriram New IL'ite

Hey Aparna
    Thanks for the warm welcome. I'm from chennai and yes the fall semester is starting soon. Where are you from and where are u put up now?.Would love to hear more from you:)

8. aparna010

aparna010 New IL'ite

Hello Roshni,

Welcome! I agree, i am also very glad that i found this site, very useful. Anything from general tips, quick questions, recipes, good stores to good restaurants its all right here! Good luck for your masters! I am sure once you start your classes in Fall, it will be very busy! Enjoy your time meanwhile :)

Hello Nithya,

Wow that was a fast reply! I appreciate that :) I am from Chennai. Here i live in Wilmington, its near Woburn/Burlington. Its actually not far from Lowell. What else.. I like cooking and of course eating!!

I am so fond of this community, what a great idea! Everytime i go to an Indian store / temple i see so many Indians yet i have little / no interaction with the Indian community here! "Are there so many Indians here?" - thats what i usually say longingly! This community is a great way to interact and share especially when everyone is crunched for time. Having learnt so much from community , i am also looking forward to share whatever little information i know :)

9. yagna0415

yagna0415 New IL'ite

Hello Friends,

I am new member. I live in Norwest woods,Norwood MA . Hoping to find new friends here.
    Also, can someone suggest me a indian parlour near and around norwood area.

10. Dipudev

Dipudev New IL'ite

Hello Everyone
    I am new to IL but living in MA for 10 years now! I am a Health and Wellness coach and I have a home based Business. I live in Chelmsford, MA and getting my kid ready for school next week! cant wait!! :hiya

Dipika