1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Masala/ Spice Rack .is It Worth Buying ?

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by penpaal, Mar 24, 2017.

1. Naari

Naari Platinum IL'ite

Thanks!! great discussion on the topic..Did you see someone above suggested this:

Orbit Rack

Now the Martha Stewart one I told you about yesterday seems like a total knockoff of this one, isn't it?

Sandycandy likes this.
  2. Sandycandy

Sandycandy IL Hall of Fame

Yes they look very similar ! I think I should get one !

Naari likes this.
  3. GoneGirl

GoneGirl Gold IL'ite

Hi folks, What kind of spices do you fill all the jars with ?

4. sanjuruby3

sanjuruby3 Platinum IL'ite

I agree with everyone. Once we almost bought as my H always liked it but stopped thinking we have no counter space. Now I am glad we never bought it. We do not use quantity that small for sprinkle holes. Btw, I have small set of pre-filled spices in a divided jars with separation (texmex bbq piece of 3 kinds) and whenever I use it i shake like 1000 times to get enough to feel taste in food. waste...

I do not think I ever bought jars. We had so many empty jars of spices, jams, ghee... I kept saving them. Even after throwing 100s I have so many. They are mostly uneven and slightly bigger. One day, I will get to my pantry and fix that. For most used spices, I have indian masala dabba but it does not contain enough variety so couple I keep handy nearby in jars close to masala dabba. Rest away higher... For that reason ( being away from sight, cabinets height), poor spices are never used and never finish.

5. msm

msm Gold IL'ite

Hi @deepthivinayak1 - I also got a pack of mason jars recently, but after opening the pack only realized, those are canning jars with two piece lids ( hope you get what am saying here, a circular rim and a circular plate forms the lid of these jars)

Does all mason jar be like this, if you/someone else found a way to join these two pieces of the lids so we get a normal lid like we do get in India :) please shed some light on this intriguing lids