1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Masala/ Spice Rack .is It Worth Buying ?

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by penpaal, Mar 24, 2017.

1. aamrapali

aamrapali Gold IL'ite

Same here. I use the traditional indian stainless steel spice box because I have to open and close only ONE BOX. Like a one stop to get ALL your base spices. With individual spice containers, I have to open and close individual ones and remember each one separately.

happygolucky22 and anika987 like this.
  2. kalainat

kalainat Bronze IL'ite

3. deepthivinayak1

deepthivinayak1 Gold IL'ite

Hi,
    I have the spice rack from Carson which I got it during TG time for 19$. So far I didn't use it for any Indian spices. Mostly I used Indian masala box for storing mustard,jeera,channa dal,urad dhal,chilli powder and turmeric all in one box for easy use. I have mason jar,to store remaining spices. If there is any left over,I just fold and secure it. Store it separately.

Kamenstein Madison 12 jar Spice Rack

4. cinderella06

cinderella06 Platinum IL'ite

Yes the spice rack is very much useful for Indian cooking. I'm using it for more than 5 years. I grind pepper, cumin powders at home. I store in it.It have shaking part and whole space for cardamom, cumin, pepper,clove. I use it for daily purpose Chana dal, urad dal, masalas etc.And it save space and make kitchen counter stylish.
    I refill when empty. I dont measure powders for cooking. So it is easy for me to store in spice rack.
    I use this Orbit Rack

Last edited: Mar 27, 2017
  5. happygolucky22

happygolucky22 Silver IL'ite

yeah I also don't like to touch multiple containers and surfaces during the cooking as I feel my hand is getting dirty and I still have to touch cut veggies, atta rice lol. I open dabba lid as soon I put the pan on the gas so its more or less touch free cooking if that makes any sense ;)

6. blessings1010

blessings1010 Gold IL'ite

I too use the Orbit rack. I like that I can store a lot of spices in it, the ones what I dont use daily. The bottles are easy to clean and dishwasher safe. It fits perfectly inside the kitchen cabinet. The only issue is the labels on the jar started coming off after 3-4 years of use. So now just use simple stick-on labels for the jars
    For regular daily cooking, I use stainless steel masala dabba.

7. BhumiBabe

BhumiBabe Platinum IL'ite

8. LakshmiRadha

LakshmiRadha New IL'ite

I use Tupperware spice rack with which I am BPA safe and insect safe. Grip and easy to access. I love this very much

9. Sandycandy

Sandycandy IL Hall of Fame

@Naari thought you might find this interesting !

Naari likes this.
  10. Sunburst

Sunburst Platinum IL'ite

I use a small revolving spice rack with multiple spice containers in it . It contains everything from mustard,cumin to all the other spices . I like the fact that the small containers are transparent and easy to see and I only have to touch the ones I need. It sits on the countertop and gives a nice modern touch to my kitchen overall.