Marry To A Banyan Tree At Tiruchendur Temple

Discussion in 'Astrology Numerology & More!' started by Rupanzal, Jul 11, 2016.

1. Rupanzal

Rupanzal New IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

I am advised by an astrologer to to to Tiruchendur temple and do a "Valaimaram Kalyanam" (marry him to a banana tree) for my son, as his Mars/Chevvai is strong in his horoscope.
    Belief or no belief is secondary for me right now.
    I would like to know if this is done in Tiruchendur temple and if so how to go about it. Is there any specific day for it to be done.
    Has anyone done this kind of marriage before.?

There is another problem for me. There is a court case going on our lands. For the court case to win, I hear we can pray to Bagalamukhi Devi. Below is the address and website.

Any inputs is welcome.

Sree Bagalamukhi Devi Temple, Manimuthar Road, South Papankulam, Kallidaikurichi,, Temple Rd, Pappankulam South, Tamil Nadu 627416, India
    +91 98410 47471
    sreebagalamukhidevitemple.org

2. sganga

sganga New IL'ite

One of my relative has done this long back. no need worry. COntact temple persons, they'll guide you. Heard that nAmavasya is good for this marriage

3. sindhura34

sindhura34 New IL'ite

Amavasya on 2nd august is good. do check with your purohit once

4. Rupanzal

Rupanzal New IL'ite

Hi All,

Thanks for your reply.

I had been to Tiruchendur temple and did the the Banyan tree marriage, (Valai Kalyanam). It is done anytime, the purohit's there are doing it on a regular basis. The whole ritual is done in about 30 mts. The purohit charged us Rs-2500/-, you need to be prepared to have an extra set of cloths as you will have to take a dip in the sea and leave the cloths in the sea itself after the ritual, and there-after you need to take one more dip in a place called the "Theertham".
    Once all this was done, another purohit took us for the Lord Murugan Darshan, we had to shell out another Rs-500/- for him.
    The purohits are just waiting for such pilgrims only. But over all we were able to fulfill what we had desired.

Next we visited "Kutralam" falls, it was a great disappointment. Very little water, and it is not natural at all, it is built with human intervention, we left in less than 10mts. It is not worth the travel at all.
    Please do not make the mistake of ever travelling to "Kutralam" falls.

5. sindhura34

sindhura34 New IL'ite

Good to hear you experience. Will suggest if any one needs .

I heard kutralam falls are scenic but came to know about reality