1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Married Man Wants To Have Sex Chat

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by nolife, Jul 29, 2022.

1. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I re-read my post and I can see now how it can be interpreted differently. My choice of words and emoticons was not perfect. I am equal parts mortified and sorry that I gave the impression of saying "you asked for the sexting invite, it's your fault." That reminds me of the time my parents said I must have encouraged the roadside romeos due to my dress. Or the judge in some case in America who questioned the raped woman as to why she did not fight back more. That was not my intention.

The risks of workplace romance, even between two single people, has already been written about in many posts, so I am not touching on that.

"he told me that he is not keen on physical relation as he is devoted to his wife but he just wants to have sex chat with me"
    Asking a few questions about the above is not victim blaming. Pointing out possible missteps on the part of the woman is not victim blaming. The man's actions are not being condoned. A person gets mugged on the street. We ask the street name and what time was it. That is not blaming the victim. My car gets broken into, anybody's first question is was there anything valuable visible?

A married man suggests sexting to a colleague. It is obviously wrong but the context also matters. Did the man suggest the sexting out of the blue? He saw an unattached female colleague and directly expressed a sexting interest? Or, was there a personal tone in the relationship, were they discussing personal things like his was love/arranged marriage, and he decided to test the waters? Did he back off at the first no to the sexting request?

===========
    As to OP's actual question - why would a married man devoted to his wife be interested in sexting but not in a physical relationship - it is hard to say. Maybe he is happy in his marriage but looking for some extra fun. Maybe there is something missing but not big enough to leave the marriage. Maybe hiding sexting is easier.

svpriya, SuiDhaaga and chanchitra like this.
  2. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Men use this and many other tactics to get a young lady’s phone number. It’s very hard to always be always on the guard.

Sometimes, despite all the fall backs and cautions we take as women in the workplace or otherwise, such things can happen. At such times, it’s best to let bygones be bygones, be kind on oneself for letting someone take us for a ride and look at what steps to take to ensure you are safe from things like future ramifications stemming from this interaction.

I feel that women are having to take extra precautions for just being single or married or divorced(depending on the context). It doesn’t matter what your marital status. There is always a place where you need to be cautious.

This isn’t sounding very liberating. Make sure it doesn’t happen, make sure you nip it in the bud, make sure you collect all the proof. This is such a no win situation.

With the advent of things like Facebook, WhatsApp and the disappearing texts app, things are more burdensome. There are many layers of communication that we have to decipher and decide what is ok and what is not. It’s a tough situation indeed!

nolife, Ruby2019, svpriya and 2 others like this.
  3. SuiDhaaga

SuiDhaaga IL Hall of Fame

On a side note. I know one Aunty whose H had an affair. I guess this traumatized her to the extent that she now thinks that a man having multiple wives is ok. At least that is the impression I get.

When I told her that I believe marriage is a way for one man and one woman to help each other get close to God, she thought I was crazy (was diplomatic about it)

in one hand she thinks Lord Krishna is a low life because he had multiple gopis.

On the other hand she believes an interpretation that the 10th Sikh guru had multiple wives, even though Sikhs says they believe men and women are equal (based in one line in the 1400 page Guru Granth Sahib)

ok that was a tangent….

nolife likes this.
  4. SuiDhaaga

SuiDhaaga IL Hall of Fame

Gosh I work with males who are close to retirement so I guess they don’t have the energy to snag me in.

but for mid-career men I notice I need to keep distance. Maybe the man is just being friendly and professional, who knows!

nolife likes this.
  5. sandhya2020

sandhya2020 Silver IL'ite

You don't want to be the other woman in some married woman's life.
    Just avoid this man completely.

6. nolife

nolife Silver IL'ite

so true ruby

7. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

As matured women, especially working & mingling with diverse groups of people in the society, I am sure all of us have an idea of why some men behave this way. There is nothing much to explore or discuss here.
    - They behave this way, because they have hormonal issues as climbed by certain religions.
    - They behave this way, because they have got nothing much to lose. The society & their family will take their sides anyways and accept them no matter what.
    - They behave this way, because they want the cake & eat it too. They obviously like their wives, love the family arrangements, but they also want to have fun outside. Of course secretly and temporarily. These are not uncommon in this planet.

But, it is like walking on an egg shell for women. It is dangerous. It is important to remind the woman in concern about the risks.
    When a woman is crossing a street while a truck is fast approaching, the by-stander's approach should be to pull the woman out of danger. Of course everyone knows the truck driver was at fault, but blaming him won't save the woman's life.

Even though the OP's question was about the man, we saw the danger she is in; hence the advice.

You can't generalize. This is about that particular man. Of course there are many like him. But not everyone is guarded by their wives. Some women leave their marriages, and even punish their husband the worst possible manner.
    Some men have lost their life because of such foolish decisions. So, it depends.

Unfortunately, not just men. I've seen some women too test the waters like this. They try texting, sexting with married men, and try to be the "other woman" in some men's lives. Their reasons may be different. But this is not uncommon.
    Again, we can't generalize anything here.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2022